Day 2 - Snowglobe (Kyumin)

Write A Day Challenge - December

    “No! It’s real! I’m telling you! I’m not crazy!”

 

    Hi. Yes I know what you’re thinking…

 

    ‘Who’s that crazy man in the arms of two police, screaming weird things?’

    

    Well, that’s me, Lee Sungmin and I’m not crazy. Just like everyone else, you may not believe me when I say this but I found something unlike ever before. It all happened, well yesterday morning actually…

 

    I was walking down sixth street, watching as all the stores passed me by. Antique shops, bakeries, clothing stores and others. It was December 2nd and everyone was getting ready for the holiday season. Every store was light with Christmas lights, trees in every display and decorated to fit the time of year.

    I smiled as I walked passed a dress shop and saw a lady happily fitting another woman for a wedding. I walked passed another and saw the shop keep handing a small boy a large cupcake that resembled a Christmas tree. Then I found it. The store I was looking for. Taboos and Voodoos.

    It’s a magic shop here in town that I like to visit every now and then. The man who runs it is super sweet and always likes to hold conversations with me. We probably get along so well though because we’re almost the same age. I smiled as I pushed through the doors and got out of the cold snow.

    The bells above the door chimed and I carefully closed it against the harsh winter winds. I looked around the shop and spotted the shop keeper standing on a stool. He was putting up some final decorations and looked back.

    “Sungmin, hi!” He smiled, “I was wondering when you would come in.”

    I slipped my coat off over my shoulders and held it over my forearm as I approached him, “Hey Shindong. I’ve been pretty busy lately, getting ready for the holiday and all.”

    He climbed down the step stool and stood in front of me, “I know how that goes.”

    I smiled, “So what do you have new this week?”

    Shindong bit his lip in happiness and walked toward the counter, telling me to follow. “This is something I’ve never seen before in my life. Are you sure you’re ready to see this?”

    I nodded, “I can handle it.”

    Shindong pulled out a box and I watched over his shoulder as he held it up at eye level. I blinked a few times.

    “Isn’t it beautiful?”

    “A snowglobe?” I asked, “What’s so special about it?”

    “This isn’t an ordinary snowglobe, Sungmin. It’s filled with magic!” Shindong exclaimed.

    “Really? How?”

    He carefully set it down on the counter and we both hovered over it, examining it precisely. Shindong and I stared at the orb and I tilted my head.

    “There’s a man trapped inside.” Shindong replied.

    I looked over at him and laughed, “You’re crazy.”

    He stood up also and scrunched his brows, “I’m not crazy! He’s real. He’s just shy.”

    I patted his back, “Whatever you say buddy.”

    “You don’t believe me?”

    I shrugged, “I dunno, it’s just hard to believe something like that.”

    “Sungmin, do you remember when you first came into my shop? You bought that Book of Wonders.”

    “Yeah,” I replied, “I remember.”

    “And what happened when you opened it?”

    “Each page was blank.”

    “So then…”

    I thought for a moment, “You told me to believe that it’s magic.”

    “And once you did?”

    I bit my lip, “The pages were filled.”

    Shindong nodded, “And if that’s not crazy, then this isn’t crazy.”

    I shrugged, “I guess not.”

    He looked back down at the globe, then back up to me, “Why don’t you take it?”

    “H-Huh?” I asked shocked, “Why?”

    “You can’t hide it from me Sungmin, I know you’re still upset over your last tragedy. Remember, your mother?” Shindong asked sympathetically.

    I took a deep breath and looked away.

    “Maybe some company will help you.”

    “Then I’ll just get a dog.” I replied, gritting my teeth slightly.

    “Sungmin.” Shindong gave me a look that said, ‘seriously’.

    I sighed and looked back at the globe, leaning over it again, I examined it carefully, “Alright, fine. I’ll take it.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    I set the snowglobe down on my coffee table and raised a brow at it. It was just an empty, clear snowglobe with the snow sitting at the bottom. I scoffed at it and shook my head.

    “Yeah, because magic is totally real.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed my remote off the table.

    Crossing my legs and placing them on top of the coffee table, I sat back and relaxed as I the television. I turned the channel to watch Star King. I grabbed the bowl of M&M's off of my coffee table and began to snack on them while laughing at the TV.

    “This show .”

    I jumped at the sudden voice and looked around, “Huh? Who’s there?”

    “Down here, genius.”

    I slowly and carefully looked down at the snowglobe. There was a man staring at me like I had offended his ancestors. I screamed and dropped the bowl, he plugged his ears and scrunched his face together.

    “What’s your deal?” He shouted over my screaming.

    “You’re… Y-You’re real!” I shouted.

    “Yeah and so are you.” The man replied.

    “How is this possible?” I asked examining all around the globe.

    “I came out of my mother’s womb, just like everyone else buddy.”

    “No.” I shook my head, “How are you in there and talking to me?”

    “I’m talking to you with my mouth.” He replied sarcastically, “And I’m in here because my best friend is an absolute amature at magic.”

    “Wow.” I exclaimed surprised and intrigued. “This is amazing.”

    “That’s easy for you to say,” The man crossed his arms, “You’re not stuck in a glass globe.”

    “How long have you been stuck in there?” I asked.

    He uncrossed his arms and looked up at me, “A couple of years.”

    “Years!?” I questioned, “Well, can’t you just poof yourself out of there or something?”

    “Aish, you unintellegent humans…” He mumbled, “If I could just ‘poof’ myself out of here, don’t you think I would’ve done that by now?”

    I felt offended but shrugged off his insult, “Right.”

    We were both silent and trying to grasp the whole situation.

    “I’m Sungmin.” I introduced, breaking the silence. “Lee Sungmin.”

    “Cho Kyuhyun.” The man in the globe replied.

    “Nice to meet you.” I smiled.

    “You too.”

    “Is there anything I can do to help?” I asked.

    “Unless you have magical powers and can get me out of here, no.” Kyuhyun replied.

    My face dropped and I thought for a moment, “I can learn! It can’t be that hard!”

    “Are you nuts?” He asked.

    “Maybe.” I looked away, then quickly looked back, “Oh! You can teach me!”

    He laughed slightly and turned away from me, “Yeah, right.”

    I looked around the globe to try and see his face, “Please? I want to help!”

    Kyuhyun sighed and turned back around. He looked me up and down, “This is going to take a lot of patience… But I’ll do it.”

    I clapped, “Yay! How do we start?”

    “Well, we’ll start with something simple.” Kyuhyun thought, “Do you have a wand?”

    I thought for a moment, “Um… No.”

    “Do you know where you can get one?” He asked.

    I shook my head.

    He sighed and thought for a moment, “Ah, that shop I was in. He has a wand hanging up on the wall!”

    “Shindong’s shop?” I questioned and thought about what wand he was talking about. “He would never sell that wand. It’s his prized possession!”

    “Then you’ll have to steal it.”

    “What!?”

    “You do want to help me out of here, don’t you?” Kyuhyun asked.

    I nodded slowly but unsure.

    “Then steal that wand.”

    “Are you sure it will work?” I questioned.

    “Yeah. I can sense it’s magic.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “Alright.” I took a deep breath, “I’ll get it.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    It turned to ten o’clock and I peeked around the lamppost to see Shindong closing up shop.

    “This is a stupid hiding spot. You can clearly be seen.” Kyuhyun said.

    “Shh!” I hushed to the snowglobe, “Do you want him to find us?”

    Kyuhyun sighed and kept quiet. I watched Shindong carefully as he locked the door, got in his car and drove away. When his car got far enough, I took a deep breath and ran across the street, being careful not to slip on the ice. I looked through the window and spotted the wand sitting in the display above the counter.

    “There it is.” I whispered.

    “Great.” Kyuhyun replied. “What are you waiting for? Go in and get it.”

    “I’m scared.” I said as I held the globe to eye level.

    “Don’t be. Just go inside, take the wand and go home. It’s simple.”

    “But you watched, Shindong locked it! How do you expect me to get inside?” I asked.

    Kyuhyun pointed toward the side, “The back door. He always forgets to lock it.”

    I took a deep breath as I walked around to the back of the shop. I carefully reached for the doorknob and turned it slightly. Sneakily I pushed the door open and looked around the corner. There was no one to be found and I took my first step into the back of the shop. I quickly walked around to the front and looked behind the counter.

    “There it is.” Kyuhyun said pointing up at the wand in the safety box on the wall. “Grab it and let's go.”

    I found the step stool and opened it. I walked up the first two steps and came face to face with the wand in the case. I tilted my head slightly and stared at it’s beauty. It was a white wand with black on the ends that curled into tree branches around the tip of the wand. On the end was a crystal as pure and as fragile as dragonfly wings.

    I reached my free hand up to the case and carefully opened it. I hesitated before touching it. I looked down at Kyuhyun. “Go on.” He encouraged.

    I nodded and looked back up at the wand. I lightly brushed my fingertips across the wand before fully wrapping my hand around it and removing it from the case.

    “Good, you got it now let’s get out of here.” Kyuhyun replied while looking around.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    I paced around my living room with the wand between my fingers. Kyuhyun was going on and on telling me the rules of magic but I was tuning it out.

    “This is a bad idea.” I said, interrupting Kyuhyun’s explanation.

    “Sungmin, are you even listening to me?” Kyuhyun asked.

    I looked down at him, “I stole this. I never steal! I’m not a liar.”

    “Sungmin, it’ll be fine. Now do you want to help me out of this glass hell or not?” Kyuhyun questioned.

    I nodded and sat down in front of the coffee table, looking up at Kyuhyun. “Right, okay. I’m ready.”

    “Alright.” Kyuhyun nodded, “The first part of doing magic is to believe and-”

    I snickered slightly.

    “Is something funny?”

    I blinked a few times and shrugged, “It’s just… Magic seems sort of cheesy. Having to believe in everything.”

    “Believing is the only way you’ll master the art, Sungmin. Now stop laughing and pay attention.”

    I nodded.

    “So once you believe in the magic you can feel it flow through you. There are a few easy spells you can learn. I’ll start with my favorite, ‘Invocarmus’. Now, this spell you'll be able to turn one thing into two.”

“Really? Cool!” I exclaimed.

“Do you have something small, like a flower or a candy bar?”

“Ooh, I still have a Milkyway leftover from Halloween.”

“Good, let's use that.” Kyuhyun nodded.

I went into the kitchen and opened the cupboard to reveal my secret stash of Halloween candy. I sifted through the bag and pulled out a Milkyway bar. Heading back into the living room, I set it down on the floor and picked up the wand.

“Okay, got it.”

“Great. Now repeat after me, ‘Clepto Vergilious!’.”

“Clepto Vergilious!” I exclaimed.

“Okay, that was good. This time why don't you try actually moving the wand too?” Kyuhyun said.

“Oh.. R-Right.” Moving the wand I tried again, “Clepto Vergilious!” But there was still only one candy bar on the ground. I pouted, “Why isn't it working?”

“You're not believing in the magic.” Kyuhyun said, “Just calm yourself. Relax and try it again.”

I nodded and took a deep breath before closing my eyes. I slowly waved the wand around, “Clepto Vergilious… Clepto Vergilious...” I felt something different inside of me and I opened my eyes, “Clepto Vergilious!” I pointed the wand at the candy bar and saw sparks fly from the wand to the floor. The beam hit the candy and before my eyes, I watched as another candy bar appeared. In shock I dropped the wand.

“Sungmin, you did it!” Kyuhyun said happily.

“Y-Yeah… I-I guess I did!”

 

That’s how the rest of my night went. Kyuhyun taught me how to do magic all through the night. But when I awoke the next morning, things had changed…

 

Morning came and I awoke to people pounding on my door. I wearily stood out of bed and approached the door. I peeked through the peep hole and saw two police officers standing there.

“Who is it?”

I jumped slightly and looked over at the coffee table, toward the snow globe, “It’s the police.”

“Don’t answer.”

“Huh? Why not?” I asked.

“Police, open up!” They shouted through the door.

“Sungmin, you’ll regret it!” Kyuhyun called back.

I looked back toward the door and hesitated but I decided to open it. The police looked down at me.

“Are you Lee Sungmin?” One of them asked.

“Y-Yes?”

“You’re under arrest for breaking and entering and the theft from Taboos and Voodoos.” The other man said.

“W-What!?” The police grabbed my arms and I panicked, “W-Wait! I have a good explanation!!”

“Oh yeah?” One of them asked.

“M-My friend, he’s trapped inside a snowglobe and I had to steal the wand to get him out!”

The two officers looked at each other before tightening their grip on me, “Tell it to the judge.”

“No! It’s real! I’m telling you! I’m not crazy!”

And now you’re all caught up. I’m being taken away by the police and Kyuhyun’s stuck in a snowglobe. I knew I couldn’t let it all end like this. It may have been the dumbest thing I ever did but I pulled myself out of the cops reach and ran back into the house, quickly locking the door.

I heard him call for backup as I ran into my bedroom.

“Sungmin, what the hell are you doing!?” Kyuhyun shouted.

I crawled under my bed and pulled out the Book of Wonders, Shindong had given me and headed back into the living room. I picked up the wand and flipped through the pages of the book.

“Come on… Give me something!” I said to myself.

The police were hitting the door and I knew they were about to get in soon. I kept flipping through the pages and found a spell that I prayed would work. I stood up and closed my eyes while waving the wand in the direction of the snowglobe.

“Ejecetus Divinictus.”

The police pounded on the door again making me jump.

I calmed myself, “Ejecetus Divinictus.”

The door broke down and the police rushed in, pointing their guns at me.

I closed my eyes again and shouted, “EJECETUS DIVINICTUS!”

I flew backwards and right before everyone's eyes, we watched as Kyuhyun emerged from the snowglobe and into the real world, right in my living room. The police were shocked, even I was shocked. Kyuhyun looked down at his hands and then looked at me.

“Sungmin, you did it!”

I smiled and stood up, “You’re free!”

The police were confused and wanted to do some questioning. We stood around and explained to the police what had happened. I could tell they were having trouble believing it but after what they just saw, they kinda had to.

“W-Well.. D-Don’t let it happen again…” One of the officers said.

The two left and I looked up at Kyuhyun. He was very tall and handsome in person. I stepped up on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. He looked over at me.

“H-Hey…”

I blushed, “S-Sorry… I-I just kinda-”

Before I could finish my sentence, Kyuhyun grabbed both sides of my head and placed his lips on mine. I was shocked but couldn’t help feel butterflies in my stomach. He pulled away and blushed deeper than me.

“I-I um…” He looked away, “S-Shut up.”

And that’s how I met the love of my life… The man in the snowglobe.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! Day 2! I know a lot of you are complaining because you think it’s gonna be a LOT of Eunhae. Well Kyumin has always been my main pairing and I’m not about to stop here! There definitely will be a LOT more Kyumin than Eunhae in these fanfics but I do want to do some Eunhae (and like I said in the foreword I’m gonna throw in a Yewook too, but probably only one).

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Thankyu to all my commenters, readers, subscribers, and voters!

Have a Kyumin-tastic day!(: