Chapter 1

Because of Jung

November 19. . .

 

                “Ah, dang it. We will not gonna see them!!!!”

 

                I silently slumped in the table, depressed and forsaken as I looked at WM Entertainment bulding in front of us. We were waiting for B1A4 to come or leave for almost 10 hours in the convenience store located just across their building but. . . ZILCH. NOTHING. I was so desperate to see any person related to them, even manager Cha Woo Bin but nadaaaaaa. The most B1A4 related thing  that we saw was the gold plaque, WM ENTERTAINMENT, their apartment complex and some two dimensional B1A4 plastered in all of the places we had been.

 

                I looked at Angela who’s beside me, casually sipping her tenth cold iced-coffee and littering the table we were at. I was not sure what’s the effect of 10th caffeine dose, otherwise she sure looked calm. I pouted at her. She checked her phone every 5 minutes just to see if B1A4 would tweet or post pictures in Instagram; the last update was 8 hours ago and definitely not within WM vicinity. If I decided to write a fanfic while waiting, I definitely have finished a one shot fanfiction and reading Percy Jackson series from Lightning Thief to The Last Olympian.

 

                “I told you 3 hours ago that it’s looks like they will not come.” She said, eating her 5th box of chocopie while her 4 cups of empty ramyun and several pangtoa ice cream that were unceremoniously scattered in the table. The ahjumma cashier near us didn’t know whether to get pissed or ignore at us because we spent a very long time in her store.

                Whatevs, we buy food in here.

                You see, we planned this 5 day trip to Korea months ago. Okay, a year ago. Before we went in here, we took Korean Language lessons so if in case we meet Sandeul, he’d not gonna suffer from terrible nosebleed and we could talk basic conversation with them like ‘You’re so handsome' or 'I admire you a lot' or 'Please marry me!'. We also collected some fangifts from Banas in our country which we had dreadfully given to WM staff on the first day (because no B1A4 was not around) . Still, we waited for an hour for them, but I left Mapo-gu with no B1A4 molecules.

                For non-B1A4 , everything went so well I started asking questions to myself and Kpop gods and goddesses. Just why?~ We saw the Kpop shows we wanted to see, we also saw other Kpop artists like CNBLUE, INFINITE, GOT7 and Block B, went to Myeongdong, hauled cds and KPop merchs, and sightseeing, but the main reason we went here saw to see B1A4 (understatement). We even went to their apartment complex in Bangbaedong on our second day to see if I could catch no-makeup Jinyoung or Sandeul, but upon arriving there, we checked their Twitter, B1A4 pages and Instagram just to know that they weren’t in Bangbaedong. Like, really? Fine. We decided not to go back there since it takes an hour and something from Mapo-gu and traffic was so real, I'd should rather walk than commute. We also tried to check Han River in case I’d see Jinyoung biking around but my B1A4 luck isn’t coming my way.

                Why Kpop fairies?! Waeeeeeee?! JFC.

                I glanced at my wristwatch. It’s already 12:25mn, I felt like crying. It’s our last night (or morning) in Korea and we would leave tomorrow afternoon that’s why we decided to dedicate this last day to hold a fangirl prayer vigil in front of WM Ent, praying to see our boys (We’ve gone here for the past 4 days because we were desperate people). We didn’t need to really really see them, but just a glimpse of Sandeul’s , Jinyoung’s hair, Baro’s shirt, Gongchan’s carbon dioxide or Shinwoo’s shadow would leave us satisfied fangirls with a contented smile on our wasted faces.

                I looked at the acoustic guitar beside me, my gift for Jinyoung that was long overdue. I commissioned someone to do a customized acoustic guitar: it had scribbles of korean characters (lyrics of bling girl, sweet girl and other compositions of Jinyoung), engraved B1A4 text at the guitar’s neck, and engraved Jinyoung’s signature and name at the body. I also put a note on the back as my special message for him. I really wanted to give it to him personally, aside from the mixtape I did and other music equipment I thought he would really like, but it seems like it would not reach him if I’d continue to be stubborn with my I-want-to-give-you-my-gifts-personally attitude.

 

                I sighed. Desperate times needs desperate decision for desperate fangirls. I decided to get my makeup pouch, retouching my makeup. After I thought that I looked decent and not as if I’d been waiting for a guy for 10 effin hours, I picked up the guitar and started walking to exit the convenience store.

 

                Angela raised her brow as she saw what I’m doing. “The heck you doing, eomma?”

                I glanced back at Angela, letting the two guys went inside in the convenience store first. “Street perform.” I made a face and walked outside, while I left Angela’s horror stricken face. I decided that I’d just give my last tribute to the band whom was the reason I flew 100,000 something plus plus kilometers, didn’t eat in fancy restaurants for several months and mustered all the patience of not buying albums just to save the for this trip.

                Ain’t no mountain high enough for a fangirl in love.

              I hoped this song will reach them, like they accidentally bit their tongue and thought that there might be a dedicated fangirl singing their song while camping outside their entertainment.

 

                Ermergerd.

 

                I sat in the pavement and opened the guitar case, looking at my customized guitar. My regret for paying almost five hundred bucks melted right away. I almost cried seeing how daebak it was. I grabbed it and put on the guitar strap as I placed my other for-Jinyoung stuffs and bag at the guitar’s case. After I settled myself in the most comfortable position I could be, I started strumming.

 

                Do you hear that crisp tunes? My heart swelled with so much pride and love for this guitar I might decide not to give it to Jinyoung anymore.

 

                You will not have this badass guitar unless you show your ing face, Jung Jinyoung!

 

                I plucked some strings and started singing my most favorite song, the best song describes my feeling and my current disposition. Because of Jung. . . Ahe. I mean You.

 

                “So long. . . So long. . . I can do it again.”

 

                I closed my eyes to ignore those people who were passing by, thinking I was just the playing guitar in our house. This was the only time they would see me in the land of Kimchi and jajangmyeon, I threw my shame with my inhibitions in Han river, though silly ideas were running wild on my head. What if CEO will see me and make me a trainee? What if a random person from other entertainment like FNC sees how talented I am and decides to make me a trainee there instead? Joking. I didn’t want to be a Kpop idol and I'm very contented fangirling over B1A4, especially the light of my life, fire of my loins Producer Jung Jinyoung. *cries*

 

                I sang the last quarter of the song and I swore there were people stopped by, looking at me since I heard someone was humming. I was getting nervous so instead closing my eyes and looking like the songs hits the very core of le soul (because I’m passionately singing Because Of Jung), I looked at my left hand, pushing the strings of the guitar.

 

"I'm like this everyday, I'm like this because of you

Yes, it's because of you

On this cooled down night

Where the moonlight shines down on me

I just can’t wait no more. "

 

             I was crying inside because it's really a cool night and the moon shines down on pitiful me. Why? Why? WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE JUNG?!

 

             FAK DIS .

 

"Again today, I hear about you and I hang my head

Keep thinking of you so I’m going crazy

On this cooled down night

Where the moonlight shines down on me

I just can’t wa-it no more"

 

              My gad. My right hand was shaking and my left hand felt like it turned all jelly when a random person sang the last part of the song along with me. HE SOUNDED SO MUCH LIKE JUNG, I CRY OTL!! I tried to calm myself because of fate teasing me and all I was hearing now is Jung here, Jung there, Jung everywhere.

 

                I’m going mad.

 

                “I just can’t wait no more. . . . “

 

                I repeated and strummed the last line, ending the song. After I finished, I looked at the pavement, scared the wits out of me to look up and see the owner of legs I saw in front of me that I thought were the ones clapping.

 

                Your voice and your guitar is really pretty..One of the guys said those words, which I understood. Seems like my Koryan lessons have not gone to waste.

 

                “Thank you.” I replied him, then the guy suddenly squatted in front me, we’re face to face.

 

                “Are you a Bana?” He smiled so bright, burning my eyes while I was busy staring at his face like a retard. I gasped.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

                JINYOUNGGGGGGGG!!!! *creys deep inside*

 

                WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME?!!  

 

                “Ne. ”I inhaled sharply and nodded so fast, trying not to cry.

 

                It’s now or never.

 

                everyone.

 

                “Jinyoung-oppa, I love you so much!” I blurted out of nowhere. Shame on you, fangirl. . . Shame on youu! I felt my face going so hot because of embarrassment while my Jinyoung was just smiling brightly, eyes sparkling and so dashing I wanted to faint. I looked up to see the other person who was just laughing. It was Shin Dong Woo.

 

                HORI! ANGELA’S BIAS AND SHINYOUNG MOMENT.

                O.MI.GAD. #howtocalm

                “Eomma. . . .” Angela came closer and helped me stand up because it seems like my energy was drained all over my body. I was speechless and my jaw was just hanging. She turned to Jinyoung and Shinwoo. I’ve gone all mute which was a miracle because god knows how I spurt random stuff and talk a lot.

 

                “I'm sorry, she’s waiting here for 10 hours for her to meet you. She’s exhausted that’s why she said some . . . . . weird stuff.” She told them in a very calm tone and pinched me because of what I said. How the she can calm down with A2 in front of her and her bias is here ASFGSSFHJGDSFJKLLJGGDE?!

 

                I glared at her. As if I’m the only one who’s waiting for them for 10 hours.

 

                “Bwoa? Really?!” Shinwoo said and flashed a very concerned look at us.

 

                “Yes. She can leave now, since she already meet Appa. . . err, I mean, Jinyoung oppa.” Angela grabbed both my arms and nodded apologetically to A2. Even though I’m older than her, she could easily wrestle me because I’m a midget.

 

                Jinyoung, on the other hand, made a O-form with his lips, expressing his concern. He whispered to Shinwoo’s ear (#shinyoungfeelsotl).They both nodded as if they agreed on something and looked at us again.

 

                My, Jinyoung. Please don’t be so handsome.

 

                “Where is your hotel?” Shinwoo asked as Jinyoung picked up my bag and closed my guitar case. My head was literally screaming, 'he touched my bag!!!!!', and keeping a mental note to frame that bag when I get back to my motherland.

 

                “Hongdae.” I hurriedly reply because I wanna speak with goddess Shinwoo. I clenched my fist to contain my emotions because I might start doing embarrassing stuff. “We can take a taxi in the main road.”

 

                Jinyoung stood up and handed me my bag but not the guitar case. “You can guys stay our building till morning. I think it’s really late and you’re foreigners might get lost or get in trouble. I think manager will understand if we let in some fans.”

 

                “Yes, it’s just 4 of us who's awake there anyway. Plenty of room where you can take a nap before leaving.” Shinwoo added briskly.

 

                Huh?! Huuuuuuuhhhhh?! What?! what?! WHAT?!

 

                Angela clung to my arms and tightly grabbed it, making me hurt just to confirm if what we hear was true or our Korean language understanding was just seriously poor.

 

                “Let's go.” Shinwoo said as if confirming our wildest thoughts, then Angela flew to him, abandoning me. Jinyoung also started walking towards the building but halted when he saw me not following him.

 

                “Are you all right?”

 

                I nodded but because of jelly legs, starstruck and heart thumping so fast, I could not step. GODDAMNIT! WE’RE BEING INVITED TO B1A4 KINGDOM TO SPEND TIME WITH THEM AND LOVE THEM AND I’M JUST STANDING LIKE AN IDIOT!!

 

                AND JINYOUNG IS TALKING TO ME!! OMYFARKINGGODS. #mentalbreakdown

 

                Jinyoung walked closer and stood beside me. I blinked twice just to confirm if it’s really Jung. While looking at me, he asked. “I didn’t get your name. What is it again? Eomma, like Mom?”

 

                “It’s J-jeannie. Angela calls me Eomma because I’m older than her and I act motherly.” I said weakly without looking at his face because I might burst out and cry grossly on his face.

                

                'And you are their dad.'

 

                Thank god, I didn’t utter those words.

 

                He grinned and grabbed my wrist. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from screaming. “Let's go, Jeannie.”

                Can I just die right now?