Breathe

Breathe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun beamed brightly and birds chirped happily outside the window. Yet Ji Hyo wasn’t as jubilant to greet the day. Now she wished she had someone close to provide her with the shoulder she so desperately needed to lean on. She conceded with a hapless sigh. As she pulled her blanket closer, she came to a sad conclusion: there was no one.

 

Ji Hyo shot up upon hearing the doorbell. The noise startled her, yet she remained glued to the spot.

 

She fell back and cuddled beneath the blanket, pretending she didn’t hear it. Moments later the sound ceased, only to be replaced by the buzz of her cell phone, vibrating on her vanity. With an annoyed huff, she finally got out of bed and marched across the room to check it. It read:

 

“B.I babe”

 

Ji Hyo sat down. The familiar name beamed on screen as she contemplated answering it. Just before the call could expire, she glided the green icon across the screen.

 

“What’s up, Han Bin?”

 

“Ji Hyo noona,” he practically shouted, the relief and excitement evident in his voice. “I’m outside your apartment. Your neighbor is looking at me like I’m a stalker. Can you let me in before she calls the police?”

 

“I got it,” Ji hyo sighed heavily. “Be there in five.”

 

She ended the call and got up, tossing the device onto the bed. Quickly she rinsed her face in the bathroom and switched out of her pajamas. Dressed in an oversized T-shirt and hot pants she went to greet her guest.

 

“Someone had a rough night. Your hidden panda is out,” Han Bin joked, referring to the dark circles beneath her eyes.

 

She ignored the joke and grabbed one of the bags he was holding, then together they went into the kitchen. Han Bin sat down at the table as she grabbed two glasses and milk from the refrigerator.

 

“Hungry?” she asked. “I didn’t eat yet. I’ll cook for us both.”

 

“Well,” he grinned. “It’s the least you could do after I starved myself to get you groceries.”

 

“I didn’t ask you to,” she pouted.

 

“I’m kidding, Noona,” he chuckled. “I wanted to.”

 

“Then stop complaining,” she fussed and handed him his glass. “Go wait in the living room. I’ll call you when I’m done.”

 

Han Bin quietly drank his milk then sat down to watch TV as he was told.

 

This feels right. He thought happily, watching his noona cook out the corner of his eye.

 

He could count on one hand how many breaks they’ve had since their debut. Like a blessing in disguise, Papa Yang liberated them for this one day. Han Bin could think of nothing better to do with it than to spend quality time with someone special.

 

“Breakfast is ready!”

 

Ji Hyo’s announcement snapped him out of his stupor. He sprang from the sofa to help her set the table. Kimchi stew, fried anchovies and scramble eggs paired with white rice. The dishes were simple yet the smell filled the apartment with an intoxicating aroma that made his mouth water. Once everything was set he eagerly joined her at the table.

 

As time passed silently, Han Bin’s excitement was replaced by anxiety. Something wasn’t right. He sighed and glanced up at Ji Hyo before making a bold inquiry.

 

“Are you sad because Gary hyung left Running Man?”

 

Ji Hyo raised her head, shocked by his accurate observation. She quickly took another sip of her kimchi brew. If possible, she wanted to avoid the topic. Crying over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter