Chapter 20

Then You Came

"The naughty kids have already fallen asleep." Jiyong said after seeing the soundly asleep Tim whose head was lying on his lap.

Kim was seated on Dara's lap with head tilted on her shoulder.

They've finished watching Big Hero 6 and now How to Train Your Dragon 2 is playing in the movie room as they were forced by the twins to watch it altogether.

Dara smiled. "They weren't able to finish the movie anymore."

"Let's bring them to their room so they can lie down properly." Jiyong suggested.

"Okay."

"Can you carry Kim?"

"Yes, I can."

Jiyong turned the TV off and carried Tim in his arms without difficulty.

Dara stood up carefully, making sure not to wake Kim up.

They were able to lay the kids on bed and tucked them in their blankets.

Not feeling sleepy yet, they decided to go to the garden to have some fresh air.

Jiyong left first and Dara got them something to drink.

"Thank you." Jiyong said after receiving his cup of coffee from Dara.

"You're welcome." She smiled.

"It's nice to enjoy rest sometimes." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"You should be more kind to yourself... Find time to enjoy and have fun." She suggested, taking a sip of chocolate from her cup.

"Then should we go on a trip since the kids will have the whole week vacation for the holiday?"

"How about your schedule in the office?"

"You just said I should have time to have fun and enjoy."

Dara looked at Jiyong, wanting to know if he's being serious.

Jiyong chuckled. "We can have the time together plus the kids will be happy to know we're going on a trip."

She placed her cup of choco on the space beside her and touched Jiyong's forehead.

"Are you not feeling well? Do you have a fever or something?" She asked.

"I just realized I really should have time to rest... And I want to spend it with you." He kissed her on the cheek.

She smiled widely. "So sweet of you."

"You'll see... I'm sweeter than sugar." He winked.

She chuckled.

"Where do you want to go?"

He slid his arm around her waist and moved her closer to him. She then tilted her head on his shoulder.

"Beach would be nice."

"Not a bad idea... Should we visit our rest house in Jeju?"

"You have a rest house in Jeju?"

"Yes... But we don't often use it... I sometimes stay there during business trips."

"It would be a waste if you don't visit it often."

"I don't have time."

Dara sighed. "You always say that."

"But we have time now." He said.

"Should we go there?" She asked.

"I think the twins will love it there... The house is near the beach so they can have a splash in the sea water. We can also stroll around to check on the animals we breed there."

"Sounds fun to me."

"It's settled then... We'll leave for Jeju next week."

"I'm excited." She squealed.

"I bet you'll be as childish as Tim and Kim once we get there."

"Possibly." She agreed which made Jiyong laugh.

"The view of the moon and the stars is very calming." Jiyong commented after being silent for a couple of minutes.

Dara held Jiyong's hand that's on her waist.

"Jiyong?"

"Hmm?"

"Were you sad living alone?... I mean, before Tim and Kim came?"

"Honestly, I don't know how I was feeling that time... I just drowned myself with work, work and work... I kept myself busy. Maybe because I wanted to forget things that have caused me pain... that's why I lived this way."

She squeezed his hand. "But Tim and Kim are here now... And I'm here, too."

She looked up to give Jiyong a sweet smile.

He kissed her forehead in return.

"Seungri and Chae's there, too... Plus Bom and SeungHyun."

"You made me realize that." He said then tucked her hair that flew on her face behind her ear.

She placed her head back on his shoulder.

"When my brother left, I was forced to shoulder all the responsibilities that were supposed to be his... My parents were very dominating people... As their son, I can't say no to what they want me to do... I wasn't even given the chance to decline handling our own business... At the early age of 14, I had been trained to know how our business works... I wasn't given the privilege to enjoy my youth." He chuckled bitterly. "Maybe that's why I don't know how to handle kids... It's hard for me to raise the twins alone."

"You're just not aware about it but you're actually raising them well."

"That's because you're there to guide them... It's really not because of me."

Dara shook her head. "They look up to you... You're being a good example... that's for sure."

"But I still lack skills in communicating with them."

"You'll eventually learn that."

"Will you help me through it." He asked.

"Of course... I'll gladly help you." She pressed herself even closer.

He kissed her hair and said, "Thank you... For being there... and for being the reason why everything seems so light around me."

"You can tell me everything, Jiyong... I'll try my best to ease your worries."

"Thank you."

'I'm happy just staying like this in your arms Jiyong... You may not be able to say you love me now but I'll be waiting for that time I'll hear it from you... I love you Jiyong.' She thought to herself.

She closed her eyes and savored the moment their together.

"Can I ask you something, Dara?"

"Sure." She replied while keeping her eyes closed.

"How did you end up in the orphanage?"

She opened her eyes and tapped her foot on the ground.

"I was left outside the orphanage when I was like 1 month old... According to Mother Cecilia, I was placed inside a travelling bag. I almost didn't make it according to her since I was already convulsing due to high fever by the time they were able to notice me... Then I grew up becoming like this... end of story." She chuckled.

"You didn't try finding your parents?"

Dara shook her head. "I have my family in the orphanage to worry about... Finding my parents is the least thing I would like to do."

"Are you angry they left you that way?"

She shook her head again. "I'm not angry... but it's more of like I'm curious as to why they have to do it... I don't hold any grudge against them... If they come back, I'll be happy... If not, I'm still okay."

"Mother Cecilia has raised you well." He tapped the top of her head.

"She raised me full of love... That's why I didn't feel that my life's missing anything... I want the kids in the orphanage to feel the same way... That's why I work hard to make them happy."

"Your positivity is very contagious." He told her.

"You think so?"

Jiyong nodded. "I'm slowly being infected by it, too." He chuckled.

"That's a good thing, right?"

"Indeed, it is." He kissed her hair one more time.

"Look how pretty the sky looks like." She said, staring at the sky above them. "A lot of stars are out tonight."

Jiyong did the same and looked up at the sky.

"Let's wait for a falling star so we can make a wish."

"I don't want to." Jiyong refused.

"Aaahh... Why?" Dara pouted. "They say it's effective when you get to wish on a falling star."

"I know." He shrugged.

She pulled herself up to look at Jiyong straight into his eyes while her forehead was creased.

"You probably are thinking it's a childish thought to do so." She squinted her eyes and crossed her arm on her chest.

He chortled. "I know you're childish... That's already a given. But I don't think it's childish. I believe it happens sometimes."

"Then why don't you want to wait for a falling star so we can wish?"

"Because I think it's too much to ask for more."

"Huh?" Dara was confused of what he was saying.

"I already have YOU... Tim and Kim, too. Plus Seungri, Chae, SeungHyun and Bom... Should I ask for more?"

A smile formed on Dara's lips.

"That's too cheesy." She commented.

"But it's true... I can't ask for more." He pulled her to enclose her in his arms.

"I've been blessed... enough to cover up for my not so wonderful past... And thank you for being part of that blessing."

"I love you Jiyong." Dara blurted out.

Jiyong didn't reply.

"I know you still don't feel that way... I just want to let you know that I LOVE YOU... I'll wait 'til the time you've already completely forgotten about Kiko... I'll wait 'til you can say those words again."

He kissed her on her temple and caressed her hair.

"Thank you... Thank you Dara." He said and hugged her tighter.