Flat Hooman

Pit A Pat

wheein assumes it’s her girlfriend when she hears the key turn in the front door. she stands to her feet, a smile spread on her face. she’s been waiting for byulyi to have dinner, and she’s finally home .

 

ggomo, who was once in a deep slumber, hops off the couch and skips to greet the newcomer.

“ggomo,” she cooes, “mom is home.”

wheein grimaces at how cringy the older girl sounds, shakes her head and wonders if she has sounded as cheesy, the million times she called herself ggomo’s mommy .

 

“i miss the days when the first thing you said coming home was i’m home my love ,” wheein fakes jealousy, stepping closer to her girlfriend, tiptoeing to press a kiss to her cheek.

she loves how the little things she does still make moonbyul blush.

 

her eyes fall to the plastic bags in her girlfriend’s hands. “food!” she chirps, her eyes shining. byulyi nods, smiling at the cute girl standing between her arms.

 

“let’s eat; you must be hungry.”

they sit on the small dining table facing each other. wheein is unpackaging the main dish, as byul takes care of the side dishes.

 

she looks around for ggomo, wondering if she should stuff him more; but her little boy is nowhere to be found. byulyi notices, and with a smug smile she whispers, “he’s sleeping on my lap.”

 

she doesn’t miss the small pout that brushes the shorter member’s lips; it makes her smile grow wider.

 

they try to keep it low when they eat, a habit they’ve developed ever since wheein got ggomo. the kitten sleeps a lot, and they hate to bother him.

but there’s another thing that wheein hates. without having admitted it, byulyi didn’t fail to notice the little change in wheein’s mood every time the kitten is clinging to her.

 

wheein hates how she feels a little betrayed whenever ggomo sticks to moonbyul, -which is every second the latter spends in the younger’s apartment, instead of her.


 

they talk about their day, how the break feels like a bliss despite missing the stage and the adrenaline sent all-over their bodies every time the fans cheer for them. they talk about this new drama moonbyul is addicted to, and the gorgeous dreamcatcher tattoo wheein wants to get.

 

moonbyul reaches for wheein’s hand across the table. she plays with her fingers, draws hearts on the back of her hand; and her girlfriend calls her cheesy. she knows the former likes it even if she says otherwise.

 

ggomo yawns, opening his eyes, and they take it as a cue to clean the table and move to the comfort of wheein’s couch, or bed.


 

ggomo rubs himself against moonbyul’s feet while she washes the dishes. wheein feels lonely, wiping the table clean without a cute little kitten marking her as his.

 

she stares at the table a bit too long, tells herself to stop being childish. moonbyul’s lips against her forehead feel warm.

 

“don’t be jealous, baby girl, i love you more ,” she whispers.

 

“i know you do..,”

“then what’s wrong?”

 

“he loves you more than me,” whines wheein.

 

silence

 

the rapper bursts into a fit of laughter, pulling her tiny girlfriend into a tight hug.

 

“he could never love me more than you. impossible! kittens love fluffy puppies,” she points at wheein, “not flat hoomans.”




that night, they fall asleep huddled on the couch, ggomo snoring silently on top of them.

 


a/u: jung wheein is a rainbow and i love her so much.