I am your mother, too.

Pit A Pat

Hyejin ran through the door, panting. She spotted the ball of fur cuddled in Solar’s rainbow blanket, but she had no time to think of the older’s reaction if she found out about it.

“Wheein,” she called, leaning over to check on the little blonde baby, “what’s wrong? You sounded so terrified over the phone.”

 

She heard footsteps coming from the short hallway to her right, and she looked up, her eyes meeting Wheein’s bloodshot red eyes. Hyejin stood straight, walking towards the shorter girl. “Oh my, Wheein, were you crying?”

Her best friend bit down her lip to hold back some tears that threatened to fall. “She threw up here and on the bedroom floor. I must’ve done something wrong. What if she’s sick. She’s too young to~”

She got interrupted by her best friend’s cold hands cupping her red cheeks. “Jesus, Wheein, she probably just ate too much. Worst case scenario is that she consumed something that she shouldn’t eat.”

“But, Hyejinah..”

“Shhh. Go warm some water. Drinking warm water should help the little baby right here. Oh, and get you a beer, that should help you.”

 
 

An hour passed, and while Kkomo was peacefully snoring on Wheein’s lap, the latter buried her face in the crook of her best friend’s neck, finally feeling at ease. Hyejin was gently running her fingers through the older’s hair.

“Wheenie,” she started, her voice low and careful not to wake up the little baby, “how come you called me, who knows nothing about pets, instead of calling Yongsun unnie, who actually has experience.”

 

“Instinct.” Wheein replied. “Just like how I call my mom first when I get sick even though she is no doctor.”

 

Hyejin smiled, her cheeks blushing lightly as she pressed a kiss to the top of her best friend’s head. “I’m always a call away, Jung Wheein. Never forget that.”