Chapter 1:1 Up

Bugs in a Bag

 (Optional: Instrumental to be read with music. Right click Video and select 'loop'. 
For mobile phone, please hover over video and click minimise to continue reading. May not beable to select 'loop', 

Chapters chopped for video loop ease)

Utter dread washed through Bizkit the moment a seismic bass Vrooffed into existance, dropping 20,000 tonnes worth of monotomous noise into the vast domain around him. So stunned was he at the aggression of the noise that the food crumb he'd strived so hard to obtain had been dropped back to the twisted carpet tufts he stood upon, his fingers too jelly to protect his earnings. All life momentarily halted in shock and engulfed in noise, before spurring into one of utter dread. Bizkit couldn't hear the squeals over the intensity of the 'Vrmmm', but he saw panic in every pair of eyes, trembling chins and open-dropped mouths. Terror visible in every other bug occupying the same carpet as him. When everyone started careering around in a disorganised frenzy, Bizkit soon realised why. The boisterous noise was becoming more high pitched, indicating it was coming their way.

All too suddenly the Vrmmm rounded the far distant doorway space revealing a size far too close to 'massive'. Its head alone was larger than the biggest shoe Bizkit had ever seen and its neck rose tall and metallic right up beyond his capable vision, only to drop back down in bulky lengths of extendable ribbing.
Unable to see past the horror of the Vrmmm's head, or neck, to note the 'Puzzen's' hand guiding it, Bizkit never got to see how much larger the body of this roaring monster was in comparison to the rest of it because he'd bounded off across the twisted carpet tufts, racing for his entire everything, food crumb abandoned.

The carpet wasn't a smooth run for tiny feet pressing into its fibres. It caused friction and extra effort for those running upon it. Bizkit felt his heart race far quicker than he could carry himself, making his movement seem far too slow. But regardless of speed he probably wouldn't have made it anyway, because the Vrmmm took a jump to get him. The second the floor vibration stopped and he could pick up speed for the tiniest of moments, a ripping suction of force decended back down upon him. Intense noise frequency and vibration tremors distorting his sense of gravity, tripping him over, and causing him to hit all three sternal chest plates in a grinding scrape against the carpet. With a shadow quickly casting over him all light blot out and Bizkit had to knot the twisted tufts around his fingers to fight against the suction. Finding himself squealing in fear, he soon realised he couldn't hear his own voice, so he stopped, closing his mouth, energy too precious to waste, concentrating only on his struggled grip against the carpet fibers.

Raising away, the Vrmmm released its over Bizkit's carpet space, presumably to check on why it couldn't eat him and Bizkit darted off in a giddy run unaware of direction only to be engulfed by the mouth of the Vrmmm for a second time.

Bizkit's body flapped and rippled against the consuming force of the hungry vacuum. Holding on with only one pair of fingers he clung to the Vrmmm's iner bristled tooth strands, keeping his eyes squeezed shut, hearing what he thought was his own brain rattling inside of his head, (that or his little teeth chattering.)

Bizkit refused to let go for anything but when the Vrmmm started scraping its bristled teeth against the fibred pile, causing carpet burn to his body, Bizkit couldn't hold any longer and he lost all grip and bearings, succumbing to the cooling suction, swallowed into the abyss of the Vrmmm's throat.
~*~


Bizkit thought death took away all consciousness and his plight should be over. But he could still feel the whirlwind inside the darkness, his head rushing while his body was all a jutter. A weightless tickle sensation flooding his belly, fizzy prickles stinging his arms and toes.

Maybe this was how it felt?

Maybe this was the sensation of his soul releasing itself from his body?

But Bizkit realised this wasnt the case when he hit the inner whooshing side of the Vrmmm's neck, rattling against it's ribbed surface, battering against another and grinding over many more extension ribs.

Bizkit could definitely still feel with his body. Especially when he smacked flat against some kind of barrier, ending up pinned to its blocking surface and felt the force of suction drag him along sideways until he found himself rushing backwards again through an opening into a mazed entrance.

He swooshed, swivveled and swirled through, bumping, banging and bashing into the hard surface sides, tossed, flung and tumbled into a 'flappy spinner'.

Bizkit wasn't given time to intensify his fear of the spinner, because before he knew it, he was already through and puffed out into a mass of green glow space where anti gravity dust fluff and random crumbs orbited around him. Timeless for a split breath, Bizkit roved his eyes through the cosmic density, thinking: 'Its a strange feeling to have the consciousness to see and feel death, yet not be able to turn back and tell someone about it.'

With no time to blink his eyes or cough he was whomped in the face by a webbed floss of hurling chaos. Everything went grey in that second and Bizkit was gone amidst the fluffy tangled gust of hurricanal debris.