[2] the tear at the end of eclipse

velvet skies above, dusty runes below
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. the tear at the end of eclipse

 

 

Sooyoung comes and goes, perpetually like a little bird. Coming when she's wounded and off for her flight whenever she's healed. When most humans has only one person to come back to during their darkest days, Sooyoung has two. One is selfless while the other is logical. They are like her set of brain that can think for themselves when Sooyoung doesn't use hers, and it happens almost all the time. It just happens naturally like that for the three of them ever since they can remember. 

Mingyu and Ten have been gifted to Sooyoung in her early years probably for the tumultous and superficial family that she lives in, where the money is old while the love is ancient and grey.

Her twin brother, Junghan, doesn't believe in love and turn down love letters and also confessions from the most beautiful people she has ever seen coming to her house.

Some nights, Junghan bring girls to his bed and moments later, they'll stumble out with tears leaking out of their eyes and not a single edge of their body has been touched. Rumours said that he threatened them inside but Sooyoung knows all too well that he is not fond of violence and the truth is always less cruel than rumours.

No matter how terrible people see of her brother, Junghan is the only person in the house who's told her how she is loved, treasured and cared for, how she's the person he loves the most.

Sooyoung lives in a locked glasshouse, and no one is there except Junghan who was born along with her. All the times Junghan runs his fingers through her hair, she lets all the bad things go down the drain. When the sky turns purple like the shade of first heartbreak, she often questions if all her brother said is just beautiful lies and he has no love at all, perhaps, being born first inside a house with a mother who love her purses and pearls and a father who treasure their futures.

It can't get any worse for her.

Her golden locks is still a wonder that make strangers stare at her with foreign eyes. Her mother said once that she got it from her deceased grandmother who was fully British. The rest of her features are fully softened except her piercing brown eyes. Sooyoung doesn't really care when her mother doesn't remember her birthday. She's caught up in attending socialite parties.

When you look at Sooyoung, you either can see a young girl with a bulletproof smile and a golden crown around her head or an empty shell made of diamonds. 

The day is gloomy and dark blue, and there are signs and warnings the sky is going to gloom and cry and cry for a long, long time. Sooyoung is bicycling her way home along with Mingyu, Ten and a few of her other friends. Her eyes are just lingering around her surroundings, to the serene neighborhood and with a distant cheers of children playing in the soccerfield. This area is more lively than her house, for sure. Suddenly, her eyes land on black locks, twenty steps from where she holds her footing, pulling a domino effects on all her friends.

"What's wrong, Sooyoung?" Mingyu asks first. He's always the most concerned about her.

Before she can move , one of her friends chime in. "Oh, I know her! That's Seulgi. She goes to our school, you know!"

She sees a boy talking to the window with his back to her. Her eyes land on sharp, feline eyes and pursed pink lips, hair braided and firmly restricted. Their eyes meet and Sooyoung has a sudden urge to look away. But she doesn't. She stays, staring and being swallowed by dark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter