[1] i'll be the night, bring me the light

velvet skies above, dusty runes below
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1. i'll be the night, bring me the light

 

Honey-coated smiles and cherry lips are the traits that heartbreakers own, with earth-scented fingers and the sky's skin enveloping their bodies. They are what beauty-dwellers seek in a person, claiming that beauty is the thing people never get tired of no matter how long love lasts. Humans are too shallow to realize that throughout the centuries, beauty has been the thorn that is rooted to their wounds. Through their lust for beauty, they have lost the ability to love those who are more capable and bright, and linger to connect with those who share the same sorrow as them.

Seulgi is a thriving young lady whose dreams are set in stone by her father so she can have a bright future, whose morals and ideals are customized by her mother, a church devotee who always lead their morning prayers religiously. She has been taught to believe in God ever since she exists, perhaps even before she was born, to live and abide all the things written in the Bible. It makes her life easier, to have something to believe in. She has a pair of loving parents and a kind older sister, but she finds all of it so empty and superficial. She doesn't know why, but she just can't feel all these affection around her. These feelings draw Seulgi to be the distant child in her family, mostly accompanied by her books and painting utensils that don't make her think of the world around her. She's just glad that her parents do not pester her to be the person she is not.

This is Kang Seulgi by the age of fourteen; brilliant, young and empty, no certain ambition of what she has to do in life, what she wants to do in the future. Wonwoo, a neighbor of hers, often comes to visit by her opened window, always carrying that soccer ball of his.

"Do you want to join me play soccer?" Dusty cheeks and hurricane hair, it is blatant that he just bolted away after kicking the ball too far and making a run to her place. She turns back to her book.

"Soccer is a game for boys. Do I look like a boy to you?"

"No. But it's fun rather than sitting there alone. Why aren't you playing with your friends anyway?"

She's quiet for awhile, unable to conjure up an answer. "It's complicated, too long to explain. I just don't feel like it," she sighs, propping her face on one arm to her table. "B'sides, I don't know your friends."

"Then, isn't that the chance to get to know them?" He beams, tossing the ball in the air. "You can just watch from the sides. I'll introduce you to them, just chill." Seulgi watches him as the ball lands back on his hand. Wonwoo won't understand. He sees it in her eyes already and Seulgi knows. He just never stops trying, that's the kind of person Wonwoo is.

She shakes her head persistently, walking away to her bed but not closing the window. "Nah, I'm going to sleep. Now off you go, Wonwoo," she waves away as if shooing him like an irritating bug.

He doesn't move, and crosses his arms. "You know that I'll come again tomorrow, right?"

She stops in her tracks, untying her braids and waving him away, still persistent. "Then stop," her tone becomes more aggressive and black, as black as her hair and the colour of her orbs. Seulgi is tired and he just doesn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter