Chapter 5

I wish...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its a bright and peaceful  morning, like a present from God to cheer her up. She cant stay depressed herself because it's not good for her baby. She patted her swollen tummy and greeted her baby, "Good morning love. Be strong inside there. Omma really miss you," a thin smile form on her pink lips. 7 months already, time really flies fast. She got down from the bed and went to take a warm shower, not bother to wake up sleeping Mark. He needs extra sleep though. After a long shower, she woke up Mark and went to kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Mark sat in front of her, eating his breakfast. He could tell that she was thinking deeply. "Jen, are you ok?" he asked more like a whisper, after a long silence between them. Seeing no respond from her means that she cant hear him and she still in her deep thought. He put down his chopsticks and held her left hand. It starled her. "Oh wae?" Jen asked. "I'm talking to you just now,"he said. "O-oh sorry, I-i was thinking about something. What it is again?" she stuttered. "Are you ok? Do you want to tell me anything?"he asked with an assured smile on his face while patted her soft hand. She currently fighting herself either tell him or not about her condition. She have an appointment with Dr Park today. "I-i," she stuttered. Look down on her plate, not able to look into his eyes. She felt Mark's hand gripped her left hand tighter, telling her that he's listening, assured her that everything is fine. "I-i have an appointment today at hospital. D-do you wanna come?" she asked. Mark slightly taken back for what he heard just now. She looks scared and unsure about what she said. He knew that that it's hard for her. It's hard for him too but he need to be strong for her. "I will come with you," he gave her assured smile.

Mark drove both of them to the hospital. The whole journey filled with silence. She needed space to think. He gave her time. He arrived to the parking lot and parked the car. Before he could turned off the engine, Jen held his hand. "Mark" she called him. He looked at her eyes. "I love you Mark," she suddenly confessed. He cupped her both cheeks and kiss her forehead. "I love you too Jenny Tuan". She knew that he's telling the truth. She knew exactly how much Mark loves her. "And I love our baby too," she said to him. He saw her eyes, her worried eyes. His eyes dropped on her belly. He gave a light pat and kissed it.

"Mark, before we get in, i need to tell you something" Jen said, more like a whisper. "I'm listening," Mark convinced her while holding her both hands. She started telling him about her health condition and the risk of carrying the baby. Her eyes got teary but she still holding it. After a long explanation, she stopped talking, waiting for Mark's response. Mark cupped her both cheeks, making an eye contact with her and he kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes, made the tears fall and she started sobbing. Mark knew his wife very well. He hugged her weak body and patted her head. "I knew," he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter