TaeNy's Pepero Day

Happy Pepero Day

Happy Pepero Day! 

 

“Here!”

 

“Not you of all people. Why do the same as the other?”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t want to be grumpy in front of the woman. But that is exactly she is feeling that moment.

 

Everyone in their office gave her “Pepero” boxes, including her dangshin buddy, Sunny. Though, they were actually exchanging Pepero boxes to each other for that certain occasion every year. But not this year that she would be glad to receive one, especially, from the woman in front of her right now.

 

The woman is Tiffany Hwang, their new officemate for over a half a year now. She is somehow special for Taeyeon that impressing her became her hobby. And receiving a box of Pepero from her somehow makes Taeyeon to feel some embarrassment.

 

“Why? Am I not allowed to give you one? By the way, where’s mine?” Tiffany asked with a pout on her lips and her hands showing to Taeyeon.

 

“Fine. Here, get whatever you want.” She pointed the bag, full of Pepero boxes earlier, but almost empty now, she had brought to her office for the occasion today.

 

“Thank you! Happy Pepero Day, Taetae!”

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon feels her face blushed because the woman she adores is hugging her. She didn’t expect it. She knew that Tiffany is a friendly person and hugging her won’t mean anything for her, but not to Taeyeon.

 

She did everything to control herself and not to let her awkwardness felt by Tiffany. She doesn’t want to scare Tiffany and make her go away from her. The least thing she can do now is to answer her with the same vigor as her.

 

“Yeah… Happy Pepero Day also, Tiffany!”

 

She felt Tiffany’s giggle in her hold. Then, Tiffany pulls away from her and Taeyeon expected her to be leaving her cubicle now. But that didn’t come that moment, however, Tiffany asks her to open the box she gave to her.

 

To say she is shock is an understatement. She couldn’t believe what she is seeing now. When she opened the box, she saw four sticks of Pepero unwrapped. Though confused she pulled out the four sticks at the same time, accordingly to what Tiffany have instructed her. And there it is; four sticks of Pepero, but what shocks her most, are the words attached to it.

 

(Something like that ^)

I   LOVE   YOU   TOO

 

Each word was attached on each stick. She looks at Tiffany with a surprise face and sees that the woman is smiling from ear to ear towards her.

 

“Don’t ask me how did I knew, I felt it every time that we are together, even if we are with others. And that,” she pointed to the Pepero sticks, “is my answer, though there’s no question at all from you. Nevertheless, it just means that that’s what I’m also feeling. There, I’ve said my part. How about yours?”

 

One thing Taeyeon is thinking right at that moment, heaven. The woman she likes – oh scratched that – the woman she loves, loves her also. How great is that, right?

 

Awkwardness has forgotten; when Taeyeon leans in and peck Tiffany’s lips quickly. Though she still felt her face was so red now, she still looks at Tiffany’s eyes. Her lips formed into a smile when she sees the smiling eyes of the woman.

 

“No matter how you’d know, the important thing is you know. I love you, so, will you be my girlfriend now?”

 

“Do I still need to answer that? Isn’t the Pepero enough?”

 

“I still want to hear it from you…” Taeyeon whine cutely.

 

Tiffany chuckles at her but then puts her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and told her what she wants to hear.

 

“I love you, too. Yes, I will be your girlfriend if you will be mine.”

 

The two giggle at their own cheesiness. After they savor their short but special moment, the two women went back to their respective cubicle but without giving each other a very short yet sweet peck onto each other’s cheek.

 

XXXXXXX

 

“Hey! You look so happy, glad you got a lot of Pepero boxes today?”

 

Her dangshin buddy asked her when she bumped with her in the elevator going down their building.

 

Taeyeon can’t avoid smiling with her buddy’s question. She still can’t believe what happened earlier with Tiffany. She feels like she still in a cloud nine. After Tiffany left her in her cubicle, she tried pinching herself to know if she was just dreaming but to her glee she was not dreaming. That everything that happened between her and Tiffany a moment ago is real. Definitely true.

 

“You won’t believe it but it was more than what you imagine buddy. More than that…” she said as she taps Sunny on her shoulder while she’s smiling, tearing her face from ear to ear.

 

“You sure are so happy. What’s the deal?”

 

The sound of the elevator indicating that they have reached their destination interrupts Taeyeon’s explanation. They walk out of it and headed to the entrance of their company building. Upon landing on the last step of the stairs, someone has put her hands across Taeyeon’s hand.

 

She’s going to scold that someone when she saw the bright and lovely smile of the person she’s literally didn’t leave her mind ever since they parted earlier.

 

“So, where are we going now? It’s Friday and we still have to celebrate, right?” said Tiffany asked.

 

“What is the meaning of this, guys?”

 

 “We love each other and we are now in a relationship. And that’s the deal why I’m so happy right now. Let’s go babe. We’re gonna celebrate for us. Wanna come with us buddy?”

 

The two started to walk away from the building and left their friend with her dropped jaw.

 

 

 

HAPPY PEPERO DAY!!!