Chapter 13 - Final

The Life of a Priestess

Yoongi blasted Namjoon with a large ball of energy, sending the demon to the other side of the room. His sword disappeared as he dropped to his knees in front of Yubin. “You're alive.” He said as he reached out and pushed her hair away from her face. She nodded, her words failing her.

 

Yoongi reached out, his hand cupping the back of her neck as his mouth slammed against hers. Their teeth clashed, tongues swirling around each other’s mouths in a desperate kiss. He pulled her tight against him, like a man dying of thirst would clutch onto a bottle of water. Her hands fisted in his ruined white t-shirt, pulling him close. “I thought I'd lost you.” He said as he nipped at her bottom lip. She kissed him back, taking her own chance to nip at his lip. “Me too.”

 

They broke their kiss, Yoongi’s hand raising to cup her cheek. He pressed another kiss to her lips before standing up. “I need to finish this.” She stood up beside him. “I’ll help.” She said, her face determined. Yoongi shook his head. “It’s too dangerous. Go back with Hobi and Jimin.” She crossed her arms. “Not happening.” Yoongi’s argument was cut off by Namjoon's scream of rage. “I’ll kill you! I’ll kill all of you!” he roared as his red energy engulfed his entire body.

 

“Protect her!” Yoongi commanded Hobi and Jimin as he ran forward, his sword appearing in his hand. Yubin watched as the two demons clashed, their swords so bright it was almost painful to look at. Even with only one arm, Namjoon was still a worthy opponent. Yubin looked around to Jimin and Hobi. “Lend me your strength.” She begged. The two spirits nodded, knowing what she was asking. They both put a hand on each of her shoulders, letting their energy flow into her.

 

She felt the familiar swirl of her own energy as it mixed with Hobi and Jimin's energy, their energy was warm and felt familiar to her. It filled her body with warmth as it mixed with her own. She concentrated and released her energy, the familiar ropes of energy bursting out of the ground at Namjoon's feet, the energy flowing between her purple, Hobi’s yellow and Jimin's orange. Namjoon roared in anger as his legs became trapped. He cut at the ropes, managing to cut through them unlike when Yoona had tried.

 

He glared at her, the distraction enough for Yoongi to attack. His sword plunged into Namjoon's shoulder. He roared in pain, swinging his sword wildly, forcing Yoongi to retreat. Yubin concentrated, forcing her ropes higher, hoping her energy would hold out long enough to her to keep Namjoon still. She could hear the two spirits behind her panting with the effort of sharing so much energy with her. Namjoon hacked at the ropes again as they became brighter and brighter. Yoongi appeared behind her. “Let’s finish this.” He said as he laid his hand between her shoulder blades, his white energy mixing with the power already flowing through her.

 

She gritted her teeth against the pain of having so much energy flowing through her body. The ropes around Namjoon tightened and became so bright that they were impossible to look at. With one last surge of power, the ropes exploded, causing smoke to rise up and debris to rain down.

 

The four of them fell to their knees, their energy completely spent. Once the smoke cleared there was no sign of Namjoon. “It’s over.” She whispered. Her voice sounding loud in the suddenly quiet room that had been filled with the sounds of fighting until only moments before. Yoongi’s hand slipped into hers. “It’s over.” He confirmed, a gentle smile on his face. She squeezed his hand as she looked at the two exhausted spirits behind her. “Let’s go home.”

 

 

 

In the weeks following Namjoon's defeat, life at the shrine had been quiet. They had fallen into their old routines once they had all healed from their injuries. Hobi and Jimin continued to diligently look after the shrine, even managing to find the time to pull some pranks on Yoongi (with a little help from Yubin). Yoongi still trained Yubin every day, although Hobi and Jimin took great pride in pointing out that he wasn’t just as tough on her as before, something which he vehemently denied. Yubin became a more serious student (something her grandmother was incredibly grateful for) her encounter with Namjoon showing her that she was still lacking as a priestess.

 

 

 

Yoongi and Yubin finished sparring, both of them exhausted from the day’s training. “Am I getting faster, or are you just getting slower?” she teased as they sat on the grass. Yoongi scoffed at her, pushing her gently as he handed her a bottle of water. “I must have hit you too hard last time if you think I’m slow.” He said as he drank from his own bottle. She smiled and leant against him, Yoongi’s arm automatically wrapping around her shoulders. They sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying being in each other’s presence.

 

“You’ve improved a lot lately you know.” Yoongi said after some time. Yubin smiled up at him. Praise from Yoongi was quite a rare occurrence. “What was that? I missed that.” She said with a grin, leaning closer to him as if she couldn’t hear him properly. He chuckled and ruffled her hair, “Don’t push it.” He warned playfully. “Don’t push what? You know I could probably take you on by now.” Yoongi outright laughed at her comment. “You’re still a hundred years too early to be making such bold claims.” He said grinning down at her.

 

She pushed him over before jumping to her feet. “Easy.” She said, sticking her tongue out at the black haired demon. Yoongi got up slowly, his eyes gleaming as he smirked at her. Yubin yelled as Yoongi lunged at her, wrapping his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to her lips. “That’s cheating.” She mumbled against his mouth as he continued to kiss her. “Shall I stop?” he asked, pulling away slightly, knowing what her answer would be. “Never.” 

 


Author's note

 

I want to say a massive thank you to everyone that has subscribed, up-voted and commented on this story. I honestly appreciate all the support from you guys. You're all my inspiration! I'm glad so many of you enjoyed Yubin's story. I love you all!

L xxx