Hug Me

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's make a family."

 

 

 

"L-Let's divorce."

 

She couldnt believe her ears and yet, somewhere in her heart had already expected this long time ago when the older had first told her about Heeyeon. 

 

The younger could only stare at Chaeyeon who wore an apologetic expression. 

 

"I'm really sorry, Jieqiong..."

 

Jieqiong then dared herself to say. Hoping that it may change Chaeyeon's mind. Afterall, Jieqiong has nothing else to lose anymore. 

 

"...What if i don't want to?" 

 

Seeing how Chaeyeon had her eyes widen and looking at her in disbelieve, Jieqiong thought it was really a game over between them. She chunckled awkwardly and shook her head with a (fake) grin.

 

"Haha. I'm just kidding. I'll just go and make a call to my dad and ask him about it."

 

Knowing that her tears was going to flow out soon, Jieqiong quickly turned her heels and head towards her own room, sobbing to herself quietly and left a guilty Chaeyeon alone in the living room.

 

Chaeyeon felt like a jerk to treat Jieqiong this way and yet, another part of her told her that it was bound to happen anyway. She looked down and the envelope clutch in her hand and had the urge to tear it away but Heeyeon's face flashed across her mind again and she held herself back. 

 

"Just what have i gotten myself into?" Chaeyeon sighed and leaned her back against the couch as she stared at Jieqiong's wooden door frame. Wondering why was it taking Jieqiong such a long time to call her dad. 

 

Just then, she heard a few rings coming from the couch. 

 

It was Jieqiong's phone.

 

Curious, Chaeyeon picked up the phone and saw a bunch of messages that Jieqiong had recieved from her friends in China and all the texts had the same Chinese words. Unfortunately, Chaeyeon doesnt understand a single of the Chinese words when Jieqiong came out of her room and snatched her phone away abruptly, shocking Chaeyeon.

 

"I didn't meant to peep on your phone! It rang and i was just curious." 

 

Jieqiong then glanced at her phone and then back to Chaeyeon, her eyes screamed anticipation and when Chaeyeon didnt say anything, those orbs screamed the opposite: disappointment. 

 

"A  Are you al   "

 

Chaeyeon was appalled when Jieqiong turned away from her coldly as she dialed on her phone and begin to speak in Chinese which Chaeyeon guess that it was Jieqiong talking to her father. 

 

Seeing how the younger attitude towards her had hundred-eighty degrees change, Chaeyeon felt disappointed and yet she knew she deserved such treatment. 

 

"My dad said that he will only be free in a week time to come down and discuss about the details." 

 

Chaeyeon felt herself freezing from Jieqiong's cold tone. It was the first time she saw Jieqiong conversating with her with a straight face. 

 

"D-Does he allows it?"

 

"He's busy now, so he will come over at discuss with us first next week." 

 

That was all Jieqiong said and then Chaeyeon noticed the coat that was hung over Jieqiong's shoulder. 

 

"Are you going somewhere?"

 

Jieqiong nodded curtly and then walked out of the house without giving Chaeyeon a chance to ask anything further.

 

Chaeyeon sighed and plopped herself down on the couch and shut her eyes tightly. She hated herself for hurting Jieqiong and she also blamed herself for everything that has happened. Looking around the house, she realised how empty it feels without Jieqiong's presence.

 

"Is this how you feel everyday while waiting for me, Jieqiong?" Chaeyeon asked to herself with a bitter smile. 

 

Just that Chaeyeon thought she couldn't feel worser, her mom had to call her.

 

"What is it mom? I'm very tired today... Please don't bother me."

 

"PLEASE TELL JIEQIONG IM SORRY FOR WISHING HER LATE FOR HER BIRTHDAY. BUT YEAH HELP ME SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!"

 

"What? Birthday? What are   "

 

Chaeyeon sat up abruptly as she pressed her phone closer to her ear, "w-what you just say, mom?"

 

"I said to help me wish your gorgeous wife happy birthday! Its her birthday today! Don't tell me you forget about it. If you did, you are really the worst wife ever."

 

Chaeyeon ended the call after that and ran out of the house, searching desperately for her wife who was still roaming around the dark streets alone. 

 

Jieqiong had been nothing but the best wife material she could ask for and yet in return, she could only give a divorce as a birthday gift for her. 

 

No wonder Jieqiong had this disappointed look on her when she didnt say anything to her earlier on. Chaeyeon hated herself more then ever when she realised she had broken Jieqiong's heart on her special day.

 

"Ahhh where are you?" Chaeyeon felt her eyes swell up in tears as she couldnt find the younger anywhere down the streets. She was worried as hell, but she couldn't do anything when Jieqiong doesn't even bother to pick up her phone. 

 

"Jieqiong...." 

 

Chaeyeom could only mutter the younger's name as she walked herself back home dejectedly. 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Jieqiong was still clothed in her squirtle costume while wearing a black coat. She had no idea it had passed midnight and that her birthday was long over already without having any celebration. 

 

Perhaps it was because of the fact Chaeyeon had possibly forgot about her birthday that had gotten her pissed and disappointed but she knew also that the sudden wish of divorcing played a major part to her broken heart. 

 

She hated how the word came out of Chaeyeon's mouth and she hated her older's apologies even more. She just wanted to enjoy the cold wind blowing against her face right now and wants to empty her mind out without thinking about anything. 

 

She was honestly drained and tired of these dramas. 

 

"Right..Zhou Jieqiong, you guys arent just meant to be. Give up and move on..." Jieqiong told herself as she looked up to the sky when all of a sudden, she heard a scream.

 

She lets her curiosity eat her up as she followed to where the source of screams were and was shocked to see a blond haired girl being cornered up by two men. 

 

They were grabbing onto the girl's hands and pinning her up against the wall while the girl was desperately screaming for help. Jieqiong felt her heart thumping in nervousness when the girl met her eyes and was desperately begging her for help. 

 

"HEY!" Jieqiong braved herself up and stormed towards the two guys, hitting them with her small hands. 

 

"Kick him below!" The stranger said and Jieqiong immediately kicked on the guys bottom, causing him to shierk and roll over the ground. She turned and saw the blond doing the same thing to the other guy.

 

"Heh! Mission success!" Jieqiong grinned but was short-lived when she felt herself beung chocked by a strong arm. She eas gasping for air when she saw the blond frantically telling the person strangling her to let go. 

 

"Doyeon! Let her go, she saved me!"  

 

Immediately, Jieqiong felt the grip around her lossen and was pushed away gently.

 

"I'm sorry, Sejeong unnie. I shouldn't have left you alone. Please don't tell Chungha unnie about it?"

 

While still gasping for air, Jieqiong managed to glare at the dark-haired girl who had just chocked her and then back to the blond who flashed her a charming eye-smile. 

 

"What the hell is with you? Do you go around strangling people?" Jieqiong questioned as she held her neck and caressed it. 

 

"I'm very sorry for my action. I thought you were hurting my friend. " Doyeon bowed deeply to Jieqiong who then shrugged it off since she wasnt in the mood to fight with anyone.

 

"Just becareful next time, geez." Jieqiong looked at Sejeong who bowed to her and thanked her. 

 

When she wanted to walk away, she felt a sting on her left ankle and she let out a small scream of pain. 

 

"What happen? Did you hurt yourself?" Sejeong questioned worriedly as she held onto Jieqiong's hand. The younger nodded sheepishly, "i think i accidentally sprained my ankle while dealing with the guy." 

 

"Aw." Sejeong cringe her nose as if she could feel Jieqiong's injury and then looked at Doyeon. 

 

"Send her home."

 

"But   "

 

"   dont worry about me, i will ask Chungha to fetch me." Jieqiong could notice the little wink Sejeong had sent to Doyeon. 

 

Doyeon then nodded and took Jieqiong's hand with a huge grin which Jieqiong found it pretty creepy.

 

"Its okay. I dont feel like going home yet. I'll just settle it myself. Thanks for the offer though." 

 

Doyeon stared at Jieqiong weirdly with a smile tug, "why don't you wanna go home? Something bad happened at your household?

 

Jieqiong quirked a brow curiously at the stranger who chocked her earlier on, "i don't think we are close enough for me to tell you about my personal matters." 

 

"What about i bring you for a ride? When I'm stressed or unhappy about stuffs, i always go out for a ride. I mean im not going to harm you and since you dont wanna go home and i kinda find you hot so why not?" 

 

Was she being hit on right now? Before Jieqiong could protest or process anything, she found herself infront of a maroon-coloured motorcycle and a helmat held out infront of her.

 

"C'mon, are you hesitating? don't think about it anymore." Doyeon gave her a smile before helping her to put on the helmat.

 

Jieqiong scoffed, "why are you asking me that when you are already putting on the helmat for me?" 

 

"Well, i dont think i asked you a question." Doyeon replied cheekily before hoping up the vehicle and signalled the latter to do so as well.

 

"Guess it wont be so bad." Jieqiong told herself before stepping up and plopped herself down behind Doyeon while her hands are wandering around to see where she could hold on.

 

"Is it the first time your riding a motorcycle?" Doyeon questioned while Jieqiong nodded. 

 

"Thought so." Doyeon smirked and grabbed Jieqiong's hand out of no where and wrapped them about her waist, causing Jieqiong to blush.

 

"Here we go!" 

 

Never did Jieqiong knew how great it feels to ride a motorcycle and feel the air brush over you as if the air also carries her burden away from her. She found herself laugh out of nowhere as the air starts tickling her.

 

She felt freedom.

 

"Are you that happy?" Jieqiong heard the girl shouting over the loud noises of the gears. She didnt bother replying her but continued to enjoy the cold breeze hitting her.

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong frowned when she felt someone touching her brows and she shifted slightly as she felt her neck and shoulder aching.

 

"You're finally awake, pig." 

 

Jieqiong shut her eyes tightly as she felt the sunlight hitting her. She then open her eyes slowly again to see a hand with long slender fingers covering over her eyes to block the sunlight.

 

What a sweet action.

 

She turned to her side and saw a dark haried girl face close to her, staring at her intensely with a grin. Jieqiong widen her eyes and stood up abruptly, completely forgotten about her injury. If its not for Doyeon's fast reaction, Jieqiong might have her injury worsen.

 

"Gotcha." Doyeon giggled while Jieqiong was flabbergasted at how she had spend her 'night' with a stranger who strangled her. 

 

"You're a heavy sleeper. My shoulder aches now." Doyeon friegned her shoulder aching, hoping to see a reaction from Jieqiong but she should have knew that the latter was different. 

 

"I didnt asked you to let me sleep on your shoulder."

 

"Oh wow, i thought i deserved a thank you."

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes when Doyeon smiled mischievously at her, "how about you give me your number in exhange for a thank you? I will give you a ride home as well."

 

Jieqiong sighed and leaned her face dangerously close to Doyeon, causing the taller's heart to skip a beat.

 

"Do you go around flirting and strangling with people you see?"

 

Doyeon shook her head, "nope. You're the only person i flirted with."

 

Jieqiong blinked, completely caught off guard with how blunt the girl was. 

 

"Aw you are as cute as the squirtle costume you're wearing now, Jieqiong." Doyeon complimented and reached forth to pinch Jieqiong's cheeks. 

 

"How did you know my name?"

 

Doyeon frowned as Jieqiong's cheeks were still between her thumb and pointer, "You don't remember anything? Like you basically rant out your problems to me." 

 

Jieqiong's eyes widen twice its size as she looked away, embarrased and attempted to ran away but Doyeon caught her wrist fast.

 

"Although i'm pissed off with your so called wife, i'll still have to take you back to her." Doyeon flash a soft smile at her, "I'm pretty sure she has feelings for you, you know?" 

 

She was getting onto Jieqiong's nerve. She dislike how Doyeon seemed to act like she understand her feelings and how she make her comfortable.

 

And yet again, Jieqiong thought that Doyeon may make a good friend. 

 

"Afterall, who would not like a gorgeous girl like you?" Doyeon had this sly and devious look on her that creeps Jieqiong out of her wits.

 

"I better stay away from her" was what Jieqiong thought.

 

 

 

 

Being greeted by a tight hug wasn't exactly what Jieqiong had expected when she stepped into the house in the late morning. 

 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I WAS WORRIED ALL NIGHT LONG!" Chaeyeon screamed in her ears while Jieqiong just let her hug her tightly without any words. 

 

The younger just sighed and wait for Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter