Everytime

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"THERE! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!"

 

"...can't the love of your life be worried about you?"

 

 

Chaeyeon didn't believe it back then when she was just twelve years old and her dad told her how she should choose her future partner. She was told to only choose someone who would make her heart feel warm and flattered just by smiling at her. 

The twelve years old her then had laughed at the older man and ridiculed her father. Innocently thinking that the only time that her heart would stop beating would be when she's at the brim of death. 

 

Eventhough she had been in the entertainment industry for a good two years, cross path with a few good-looking idols and actors, she still haven't had the experience like she was going to die when she receives beautiful and handsome smiles or even kisses for acting. 

 

Sure, Chaeyeon had some admirers hitting on her. Even some top stars that she used to like and admire when she was a trainee. Not that she's being arrogant or anything just because she debuted. She was also very excited when she heard that her idol was interested in her. Some even get to go on a date or two with the young idol but all of them didn't work out because her father's words would linger around.

Her groupmates would look at her weirdly as if they just saw pigs flying when she came back to the dorm and told them that she had rejected her admirers' confessions. The members shook their head and questioned Chaeyeon if she had left her heart in the fridge or something. 

Sometimes Chaeyeon thought that they were right. 

Maybe, she's just cold-hearted. 

 

 

-

 

"H-hello..." 

 

A timid, shy yet bubbly voice broke her train of thoughts. She looked up and saw a girl     a very beautiful girl glancing at her with suspicious. Chaeyeon was almost captivated by the pair of sparkling deer eyes but her reflexes saves her as she immediately pull her cap down lower to cover her face and looked down. Sliently cussing and wondering how would she be caught in such hideous black outfit at twelve midnight. Albeit being surprised that she was recognized, Chaeyeon was going to walk off until the stranger tugged her jumper.

 

"H-Hey. I'm lost...can you help me?" 

 

It wasn't Chaeyeon's intention to not respond to the pretty stranger but that was covered by a black mask, just stopped functioning it's purpose just like her heart. Her father's words chanting at the back of her mind when she saw the bashful adorable smile from the girl infront of her. 

It was true after all. 

Chaeyeon thought she was lying on her death bed for a moment when she lost feelings on her limps and heart. They literally just went numb that Chaeyeon frozed up in her spot, just blankly staring at the latter.

 

"...Um, I'm sorry for bothering you."

Seeing how Chaeyeon didn't respond to her, the stranger then pulls her hand back with a pout and turned her heels, pulling her pink luggage with her with her shoulder slumped down in despair. 

 

The idol would like to think its the wave of guilt washing over her that made her grab the stranger's hand and not because she wants to see the smile again. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, I was zoning out for a moment. I'll help you."

 

The black-haired once again stopped breathing when the stranger returned her a silly sincere smile. She thought she would melt into puddles when the brunette jumped up and down excitedly. 

 

"Finally! I've been walking around since eight and I have no idea how to get to my apartment." Chaeyeon opened the paper that contained the address and her heart almost jumped out at the familiar words. 

 

"That person who has such effects on you, is your destiny." 

Her father's words resurfaced again. 

And it's true.

Because, they are freaking neighbours. 

 

"Do you know how to get there?"

A scream almost rolled out of Chaeyeon's tongue when she felt the stranger's hot breathe fanning against her cheeks. Not knowing how she was affecting the idol, the brunette continued having the annoyingly silly charming smile plastered on her face.

Chaeyeon concluded that the brunette isn't good for her health. 

 

-

 

The walk from the streets to their apartment was silent. The black-haired idol was regretting for choosing the longer route back to their apartment when she saw the brunette stopping once awhile to message her leg. It was only then Chaeyeon remembered how long the latter had been roaming around. 

 

"Does your feet hurts?" 

 

The brunette shrugged her shoulders and continued their night walk with a small smile.

 

"Well, I did walked for quite a while after landing in Korea." 

 

Chaeyeon quirked her brow, "You're not Korean?"

 

"Do I sound like a Korean?"

 

Scratching her nape, Chaeyeon nodded slowly. Thought she wasn't expecting a huge outburst from the stranger who cheered and beamed happily. It was the brightest smile Chaeyeon had seen and of course it made her poor heart skipped a few beats. 

 

Ugh, heart. What's wrong with you?

 

"Seems like my one year of learning Korean paid off! I'm from China!"

 

Chaeyeon widen her eyes, appalled at the flawless korean that rolled off the pretty brunette mouth. Never did Chaeyeon thought that she was a foreigner with how fluent her Korean language was. There wasn't even a hint of accent that Chaeyeon thought she was from Seoul instead. 

 

Oh my, she's not only gorgeous but smart as well. 

 

"Wow, I totally thought you were from Seoul. Why did you come here for? Holiday?"

 

It was another sight that night Chaeyeon wanted to melt at. The stranger was looking at her bashfully with crimson cheeks at her question. She watch carefully as the latter brings her pinkish-hand up and tuck her hand behind which revealed her blushing ears. 

Chaeyeon was amused at how the girl was turning pink all of a sudden.

 

She's so pink-ish. Gosh, so adorable. 

 

"Actually, I came here to meet someone I really like and had learnt Korean just for her..." 

Her heart instantly dropped. An uncomfortable feeling settled down at the pit of her stomach as she felt her fist clenched together and her shoulder became heavier. There was some sort of a fire lighting up in her chest at the thought of her pretty stranger liking someone.

 

"I first saw her on a survival programme and I fell in love. She look so gorgeous and I thought I need to learn Korean and come here to find her as soon as possible to tell her how much I love her." 

The brunette was getting so giddy, thinking about her crush while Chaeyeon could only swallow down her jealousy and smile bitterly behind her mask. 

 

"Ahh...survival programme..wait." Chaeyeon blinked as she slow down her pace, "she's an idol?" 

The brunette nodded and her eyes instantly lighted up as she points to the poster pasted on the board near a bus stop stand. 

 

"THERE! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!" 

Turning her head, Chaeyeon almost fainted when she saw the poster for her upcoming drama being publicised on the board. 

 

"You mean..."

"Yes, Chaeyeon unnie! I won the ticket for DIA's fansign in Myeongdong, lucky right?" 

Chaeyeon was glad she had half of her face covered if not it would have been difficult to hide her blush and grin from the stranger. 

"Yeah."

Chaeyeon could feel her heart soaring up to the sky. It was a new feeling and she absolutely doesn't know how the stranger she had met less than an hour could make her feel so many emotions just by a fifteen minutes walk.

 

-

 

"Finally I found it!!" The foreigner cheered when she slipped in the key into the lock with a groan while Chaeyeon watched her with amusement.

"Thanks for your help! Can I do anything to return you the favour?" The brunette questioned, "Maybe a ticket to DIA's fansign? Are you a fan?" 

Chaeyeon chortled at the innocent question and shook her head, grinning behind her mask. It's hilarious how she's being offered a ticket to go for her own fansign by a fan who do not have a single clue of who she's currently talking to. 

 

A disgusted face was then flashed across the younge's face, "You're not a fan?! How could you not like them!" 

"I didn't say I wasn't a fan of theirs." 

"You are?"

 

Chaeyeon shrugged, "I'm pretty sure I'm the first few fans of theirs. I even have their signed albums."

"Really?" The way her orbs sparkled with so much admirations and excitement was making Chaeyeon grin so widely. 

 

"So you're going to their fansign too?" 

"I'll be there." 

 

The pretty stranger was so delighted that her first korean friend is a DIA fan and held out her hand for Chaeyeon to take.

 "I'm Jieqiong!"

 

Jieqiong.

 

Chaeyeon made sure she had took a picture of the gorgeous face in her mind and remember the beautiful name. Though she's sure she won't be able to forget such drop-dead gorgeous human. 

 

"What's yours?"

 

With her hand pulling the mask that was covering half of her face down, Chaeyeon grinned widely at her fan who was momentarily stunned by the sight infront of her. 

 

"I'm Jung Chaeyeon."

 

"The love of your life."

 

 

-

 

She wasn't that oblivious to the stares she had recieved from the members, especially Heeyeon who had been staring at her from time to time with confusion throughout the car ride. Chaeyeon wouldn't blame Heeyeon for looking at her as if she had gone mad. Because Chaeyeon thinks she's indeed mad as well. 

"Why are you smiling so creepily?" 

The grin on Chaeyeon's lips grew even wider at the question as she started chanting their songs, feeling so pumped up for their fansign in Myungdon. 

 

"Unnie, she had been like this since she came back for her walk last night." Eunchae says, wriggling her brows teasingly, "she must have had a date with someone." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter