Fifth

A Blessing or A Lesson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifth.

Updated! Happy reading, especially for other dearest gummysmilesunhwa and syizz07!!

 

Mouths opened in a surprised gasp and they started kissing each other hungrily; the first taste of Jiyeon's lips was addicting and hands clutched at each other's body to drag them closer. Their tongues sneaked between reddening, bruising lips to start a hesitant dance with the other one. Jiyeon tasted like the chocolate milk she had been drinking and something completely unique; her own taste. It made Taehyung want to taste her even more.

The first touch of their tongues together felt electrifying, overwhelming and Taehyung felt Jiyeon pressing closer to him, almost in desperation, and her lips returned the kiss hungrily. Teeth clacked together in their rush to feel more and Taehyung closed his hands around slender hips, pulling her closer until they were flush against each other; no space left between their bodies that were quickly heating up.

, never before had a kiss made him feel so out of control. Breathing became difficult and yet he didn't want to pull away from those soft, plump lips. He wanted to feel more of the slender woman, he needed more. His thirst couldn't be quenched by a kiss only; a kiss would never be enough to douse the fire raging within him. His abdominal muscles clenched underneath the touch of warm hands sliding underneath his sweater.

Jiyeon let out a strangled moan when Taehyung curled his tongue around her, on it greedily. Not able to hold himself back, he slipped one hand underneath Jiyeon's shirt, curling his fingers around Jiyeon's side while his other hand slipped down over her back to her arse, squeezing the supple buttocks firmly.

Another breathy moan was torn out of Jiyeon's mouth when he squeezed her arse again and excitement filled him.

"Tardiness is not becoming of a Kims, Taehyung-ah. Do I still need to remind you that …"

Black eyes shot open and Taehyung cursed himself. . His brother. He was there to pick him up. , !

Jiyeon's eyes shot open in shock as soon as she registered the casual voice and she ripped herself out of Taehyung's firm grip, in an attempt to look casual.

Of course it was far too late for that.

Reluctantly Taehyung turned around, silently mourning the absence of Jiyeon in his arms, and saw Myungsoo and Krystal standing in the threshold. Krystal's mouth hung open in shock, her eyes wide. Myungsoo's face was schooled in a blank mask, but after growing up with him Taehyung could detect the slight widening of his eyes, conveying the fact that he clearly hadn't expected to walk in on this particular scene.

, this was not good. Not good at all.

"Hyung," Taehyung said breathlessly and he made an attempt to brush his shirt back down; it had ridden up when Jiyeon put her hands underneath it.

Jiyeon had been touching him. She had returned the kiss. If Myungsoo wasn't currently glaring daggers at him and if it was in his nature to do so, he would have whooped in joy. Jiyeon hadn't rejected him. She had returned the kiss with equal force – there was no way she could deny she had feelings for Taehyung now.

"I – I can explain," Jiyeon mumbled weakly, but it was clear she had no idea how to go on about it. Her face was a curious mixture of the last remnants of desire and growing shock. Her cheeks were flushed and she fidgeted with her fingers.

"I'm sure you can," Myungsoo answered sardonically and Taehyung bristled in return, not appreciating the tone his brother used towards Jiyeon. Myungsoo raised a slim eyebrow; apparently intent on ignoring his brother for now. "Krys, take Jiyeon home. My brother and I need to talk."

Dread filled him and he stiffened. God, why couldn't Myungsoo just let him be? Why the hell did he think he needed a scolding? He was twenty-six years old, damn it. He could make his own choices.

Krystal grimaced at the order, but approached Jiyeon, taking her by hand. "Come on, Jiyeon. I'll take you back home," She said softly; her brown eyes troubled.

"Wait, my clothes, they are still in the dryer …" Jiyeon fumbled, shuffling awkwardly next to Taehyung, who tensed up and glared at his brother.

"I'll take them with me once they are done," Myungsoo answered coolly; his dark, piercing eyes returned the glare.

Krystal tugged at Jiyeon's hand again and now she followed her subdued, flinching when she passed Myungsoo, whose aura practically screamed anger.

 

Heavy, oppressing silence followed the two women into the outside until Krystal started Myungsoo's car.

"What happened?" Krystal asked softly, throwing Jiyeon a worried look. "Why were you at Taehyung's place?"

Jiyeon stared at her fists, too ashamed to look at the blond in the eyes. "I had a fight with Suga and I left the house. Taehyung found me and offered to bring me to his place, because it was raining," She muttered.

"So how did that lead to the scene Myungsoo and I walked into? Because that went a bit far for lending shelter," Krystal inquired and she was obviously attempting to be lighthearted.

"I don't know," Jiyeon whispered and bit her lower lip hard. She released it as soon as the bitter taste of iron flooded over her tongue. "It wasn't … I didn't mean …" She didn't know what to say. What on earth could she say to explain herself? She had cheated on her boyfriend by kissing her doctor. , how was she supposed to explain this to Suga?

And what was things she imagined when she and Taehyung was kissing? seemed like they were both in different era because they wear traditional clothes, there is palace, crown, and all. But why was she dead and Taehyung was there as well?

"Why were you and Suga fighting?" Hearing it, Jiyeon snap out her thought.

"I asked him to get an examination, because all tests concluded that I'm fertile. He refuses to take one and I got mad at him," Jiyeon answered with bitterness tainting her voice.

"Why is he refusing to undergo one?" Krystal asked with a frown marring her face.

"He says there's no need to because he doesn't have any problems and I should just be patient," Jiyeon snorted and her nails bit into the sensitive skin of her palms.

Krystal hesitated visibly. "Did you kiss Taehyung as some sort of revenge?" She asked carefully.

Jiyeon whipped her head around to look at her in shock. "What? No, of course not! I didn't kiss Taehyung in revenge. You know I'm not like that!"

"You also wouldn't normally kiss another man than Suga," The blond pointed out delicately.

Jiyeon clenched her teeth and looked out of the window, knowing she had no rebuttal to that remark.

It was silent for a while; they left the richer part of the town and entered the part with the moderate sized houses again. It wouldn't be long anymore before Jiyeon was back home.

"Look, Jiyeon, I know you're not the type to just kiss another man like that," Krystal spoke up finally and she squeezed Jiyeon's knee quickly in reassurance. "Do you like Taehyung like that?"

"I don't know, maybe. I know I'm attracted to him," Jiyeon admitted, ashamed. It sounded even worse when spoken aloud. What she had been denying for weeks now was finally in the open: yes, she was attracted to Taehyung. Had been for a long time now. But that didn't mean she was about to leave Suga for him!

"You know, there's no shame in being attracted to another person," Krystal said slowly. "Hell, I've felt attraction to other people as well, even though I'm together with Myungsoo."

"Yeah, but you probably never kissed one of those people," Jiyeon muttered bitterly.

"No, I didn't," Krysral admitted wryly. "Because I love Myungsoo more than an anonymous attractive face."

"I do love Suga," Jiyeon retorted sharply, clenching her fingers in the soft cloth of her sweatpants. At least that wasn't a lie. She did love the man.

"Maybe you just don't love him enough anymore?" Krystal suggested softly. "Just think carefully of what you're going to do now, Jiyeon. Suga can act quite difficult at times, but he doesn't deserve you cheating on him. If you are more attracted to Taehyung, then maybe it's time that you and Suga get separated. Both of you deserve a person who loves you completely, not partly."

Jiyeon kept quiet; a maelstrom of thoughts whirling inside her mind. Most of those thoughts revolved around one troubling question: should she confess to Suga about the kiss or not?

Far too soon for Jiyeon's liking, Krystal halted in front of her house and the long haired blond turned towards her, surprising her with a firm hug.

"I'm always here for you, okay, Jiyeon?" She whispered in her ear. "I'm not going to judge you, whatever you decide. If you need someone to talk to, you can come to me anytime you want, okay?" She pressed a fleeting kiss against Jiyeon's temple.

"I know," Jiyeon mumbled and hugged her back. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. "I'll see you soon."

"Bye, Jiyeon."

.

*******

.

Taehyung grimaced and clenched his fists next to his sides. The sound of his front door clicking shut seemed to resemble the sound of thunder.

Myungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a strained sigh. "Why on earth … I can't believe you! You were kissing Jiyeon? You know she has a boyfriend, Tae! Damn it, why are you screwing up her …"

"She kissed me back," Taehyung interrupted him rudely. He didn't appreciate the implication that he had been forcing himself on Jiyeon. Yes, he had started the kiss, he wouldn't deny that. However, he had given Jiyeon a chance to retreat, to pull back, and instead of taking it, she had returned the kiss with the same level of desire that had been driving Taehyung mad.

Myungsoo shook his head slowly; disappointment filling his eyes and Taehyung flinched involuntarily. He ing hated when his brother looked at him like that. He couldn't stand the thought of disappointing his brother and the bastard knew that.

"You should never have continued the kiss. For that matter, you shouldn't have brought her into your house," The older man said forcefully. "Why was she here in the first place?"

"She had a fight with Suga," Taehyung admitted reluctantly. He didn't want to gossip about Jiyeon's problems, but Myungsoo wouldn't stop until he knew everything. "She left their house and I found her on the streets. She didn't have her jacket with her and didn't know where she was. When I offered to drive her back, she said she didn't want to go back for a while. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't leave her there!"

"You should have brought her to us!" Myungsoo bit out. "Any place was better than here! You took advantage of the fact that she …"

"I WOULD NEVER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER!" Taehyung shouted and took a step forwards. "I didn't ing force her! Yes, I kissed her first – but she returned the kiss! She kissed me back! You saw that with your own eyes! Did she look like she was being forced?" He sneered and glared at his brother. If Myungsoo kept insinuating that he had taken advantage of Jiyeon, that he had forced her, he would make his brother feel sorry that those words had ever left his mouth. He didn't give one that he was his older brother – he wouldn't let himself be called a or be told that he was harassing Jiyeon.

All the fight left the older man suddenly and he practically collapsed into the leather armchair, leaving Taehyung awkwardly hovering behind the table. The silence hung heavily between them, oppressive, making it hard for the younger man to breathe properly.

Slowly he unclenched his fists and glanced away. "I know she has a boyfriend," he said quietly and took a shuddering breath. "I know I shouldn't have kissed her. But I did it anyway and there is no going back. And you know what? I don't regret it at all. That kiss made it clear to me that she's the one. She is it, hyung. I've never felt like that before when I kissed her. She's the only one for me, I'm sure of that."

Dark eyes stared at him tiredly. "She is trying to conceive with Suga, Tae. She wants a child with him. She's not yours."

Did Myungsoo think he was an idiot? He knew what Jiyeon was trying to do, for 's sake. But just because she was trying now, didn't mean she would continue to try. The first cracks were showing in Jiyeon's relationship with Suga and the fact that Jiyeon had kissed him back, only stopping when they were interrupted, gave the dark haired man hope.

For weeks he had despaired that he would never have a chance with the beautiful woman, but their kiss today had given him renewed hope. Their kiss just now had proven that Jiyeon returned his feelings for at least a bit.

"I know that," Taehyung retorted and his dry lips. "I know that she isn't mine. Yet. But she will be. I'm sure of it. She's not happy with Suga, hyung. Suga is refusing to undergo treatment and he's hurting Jiyeon through that. I know I can make her happy. And I know she must have felt the difference in our kiss today." 

"You're taking a gamble, Tae," Myungsoo murmured and placed a hand on his forehead. He looked frustrated. "I don't want you to get hurt. You have no absolute certainty that Jiyeon will be yours. I don't want to see you wasting away in the hope that Jiyeon will ever give you a chance."

"She's the one for me, hyung," Taehyung said resolutely and gazed at him confidently. "I know she is."

"Maybe you're just confusing it with something else. Maybe you think she's the one because you haven't …"

"No, I know she is for me." Taehyung shook his head stubbornly. "I won't want anyone else. She is the one for me, I'm certain of that."

He had never really believed in the concept of soulmates. His mother of course had told him how it would feel if he met his soulmate: how he would feel overwhelmed from the start, how he would feel a weird tug towards the other person. The feelings between soulmates would be intensified and the love they shared with each other was one of the purest, most precious love that existed in the world. Everyone wanted to find their soulmate – but most people never did. A soulmate was something rare, something incredibly hard to find. One could spend their whole life searching for their soulmate, but never find them. The chances of finding your soulmate were slim to none and so for most people it remained nothing but a romantic fairy tale. Something that could make them sigh wistfully once in a while, but it would remain a mere dream.

Taehyung had never put much thought in the idea of a soulmate. Certainly, the thought of someone that was created especially for him, both of them forming two pieces of a whole, was a nice one and occasionally he had wondered whether his soulmate was out there, somewhere. He was realistic, though, and had never expected to find his soulmate. If he could find someone who could love him like Krystal loved Myungsoo, with whom he could share his love, he would have been content.

But his feelings for Jiyeon went beyond that of a mere mate, he was nearly certain of it. Their kiss was too explosive, too addictive, for them to be just mere people attracted to each other. The tug he felt towards Jiyeon was not normal; not a consequence of mere attraction.

The pieces of the dream he has every night completed by the insight just now. It may be hard to believe but Taehyung is absolutely sure now, those were not just usual dream. They were lover back then but did not end well.

Jiyeon died right before his eyes.

And that only made him more determined to not let Jiyeon slip through his fingers this time.

"Fine, if you say so," Myungsoo sighed and stood up. "If she really is the one for you, she will feel the same thing. Let her come to you next time."

"What?" Taehyung stared at him bemused. The sudden turn their conversation had taken, befuddled him. He knew Myungsoo could switch from one mood to the next one in a blink, but the contrast between him angry at Taehyung's audacity to kiss Jiyeon and this resigned tiredness was quite jarring.

"If she is really the one, like you think she is, she won't be able to stay away from you forever. Don't instigate anything else. Jiyeon has to be the one to make the next move," Myungsoo explained and gazed at him sternly. "It is time for her to show that she can return your feelings without you starting anything."

Taehyung wanted to protest, but deep inside he knew Myungsoo was right. Jiyeon had returned the kiss now, but she hadn't started it. He was not fairly certain that Jiyeon had the same dreams and strange insight he had when they were kissing. So he would wait for Jiyeon to make the next move. Whether that would be kissing him or visiting him at his house, he would wait. He could play the waiting game. He had been waiting ever since for God know when after all. What was a bit more time?

He just hoped Jiyeon wouldn't take too long anymore. Now that he had got a real taste of her, he was on a fast track to becoming addicted and he couldn't wait to reunite with Jiyeon.

.

*****

.

The following weeks went by with a strained atmosphere hanging in their house. Guilt ate at her and her desire to not keep any secrets from her boyfriend had made Jiyeon confess about the kiss to Suga. Understandably Suga had been incredibly pissed off, but mostly hurt. And that had made Jiyeon feel even worse. She had never wanted to hurt Suga and yet she had done it, purely because she couldn't keep her attraction to herself. If only she hadn't accepted Taehyung's offer to stay at his house for a while; if only she hadn't kissed him back; if only she had pushed him away; if only she had searched another doctor when it became clear that she was becoming too overwhelmed by Taehyung's presence …

So many 'if only' events that could have been prevented if she hadn't acted like an idiot.

After their conversation, Jiyeon had offered to stay at a friend's house to give Suga some space to think, but the man had refused that, stating that he didn't want Jiyeon to leave as this was her house as well.

Still, Jiyeon tried to keep out of his way, to give him space to think about what he wanted to do next. Of course, she wanted Suga's forgiveness, but she was also smart enough to realise that she had screwed up badly. She hadn't actually slept with Taehyung, but kissing him back was already bad enough.

Suga sat down next to gloomy Jiyeon, "I don't want to break up with you," Suga announced abruptly and gazed at Jiyeon with unreadable eyes.

"I don't want to break up either," Jiyeon admitted warily and closed her book, placing it on the table. This conversation needed her complete attention.

"I'm still a bit pissed off," He continued and reached out to grab Jiyeon's hand, entwining their fingers. "And I sort of want to punch that in the face for daring to put a move on you when he knows that you're taken."

Jiyeon stayed quiet, thinking it would be be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter