Fourth

A Blessing or A Lesson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourth.

Double update, Yeay!! Happy reading~ Especially for Pjykmy!!! Thanks for being sweet reader, dearest!

 

“I really, really am not in the mood for this,” Suga growled and glared at the large building where a steady stream of people were entering and exiting.

Jiyeon leant on her steering wheel, being careful not to press on the horn. “I know, but this is an important client, right?” She said with a faint smile.

"He can kiss my arse," The man informed her, heavily scowling.

Jiyeon chuckled and shook her head. The euphoria at having Suga come home early two days ago had been quickly doused yesterday when Yura had called them in the morning to inform her brother that his presence was required at another firm in the neighbouring country. Travelling with a plane would be quicker and the client had even offered to foot the bill.

Still it that Suga would be away for at least three days, depending on how long the negotiations took.

"You'll be back soon," Jiyeon soothed, reaching out with her hand to squeeze Suga's wrist softly.

"Not the point," Suga grumbled and turned out, his eyes softening a bit when he looked at his girlfriend. "I wanted to join you at your appointment."

Jiyeon took a deep breath and forced herself to smile. "I know."

Suga had indeed told her he wanted to join her at her next appointment with Taehyung, but Jiyeon couldn't help but wonder how much of that was desire to be more involved with their little problem and how much was a need to make certain that Taehyung wouldn't try anything suspicious. For some reason her boyfriend didn't seem to like his doctor.

They only met briefly when Suga picked her up a couple of days ago, but she swore ice had formed around the both of them when Jiyeon had introduced them to each other. That bothered her quite a bit, because she had no clue whatsoever why the two men couldn't get along. Suga hadn't even reacted that badly towards Myungsoo when he first met him and that particular encounter could have been described as frosty at best.

"Hey."

Jiyeon started out of her troubled thoughts when fingers caressed her cheek and she let her head be turned around to face Suga again.

"I know I haven't been as involved with this as I should have been and I'm sorry for that. I really am," Suga said softly, caressing Jiyeon's cheekbone with his thumb. "It will be all right, you'll see. We'll have a baby soon." He leant forwards to press their lips softly to each other.

Willingly, Jiyeon opened when a tongue at her lower lip and enjoyed the slow, deep kiss her boyfriend initiated; her arms slipping around strong shoulders. She knew it was ridiculous, but she felt better after hearing Suga's reassurance. It showed that the raven actually cared about their problem.

Suga retreated slowly after pressing a soft kiss on her lips, of which the impression seemed to linger long after he had withdrawn.

"I love you," He murmured and the back of his hand caressed Jiyeon's cheek.

Jiyeon smiled, a real smile this time, feeling a light blush staining her cheeks and turned her head to press a kiss on Suga's hand. "I love you too," She whispered.

Her nerves settled with Suga's proclamation; the raven man didn't say those three words often, so whenever he did say them, it made Jiyeon giddy beyond words.

"I'll see you in three days; I'm going to try and make it back in two," Suga promised and grabbed the handle of the door. "Call me when you know something, all right? I need something to get me through these upcoming hellish days."

"I promise," Jiyeon replied and after one last smile, Suga left the car and followed the stream of travellers inside the huge building.

Jiyeon sighed and put her car in reverse, manoeuvring herself out of the small space, and followed the line of cars leaving the airport. She would have liked to stay with Suga until he had to step on his airplane, but that was not possible unless she wanted to be late for her appointment with Taehyung.

The appointment which would tell him whether she was finally carrying a baby. Fingers clenched tighter around the steering wheel while nerves made her stomach feel heavy. They both wanted and didn't want to know the answer. After all those months of trying, would they finally have succeeded?

And what would happen if the hormone treatment hadn't worked? Was there another option they could try? Or would he need to accept that carrying her own baby would remain out of her reach forever?

Shaking her head roughly, she turned off the engine as soon as she was parked in front of the doctor's practice. There was no need for any doom mongering now.

Steeling herself, she stepped out of the car, braving the cold weather. She could hardly wait for spring to arrive again; she was sick of the cold.

The receptionist waved her through as soon as she noticed her, barely looking up from her work. The moment she walked into the waiting room, the door to Taehyung's office opened, revealing the older man in the door opening.

"Ah, you're right on time," Taehyung smiled and beckoned her closer. "You can come in now."

"Good morning," Jiyeon murmured and followed the man into his office; she removed her gloves and stuffed them in her pockets, trying to ignore how clammy her hands felt suddenly.

"All right, today we're going to find out whether the hormone treatment has worked or not," Taehyung said briskly and opened a drawer of a cabinet behind his desk. "Before I take your blood pressure and draw some blood again, you need to take this pregnancy test. Have you taken one recently?"

"Ah? Ah no, the last one I took was almost three weeks ago. Since then I haven't taken any," Jiyeon replied and she fiddled with her fingers.

Taehyung nodded and handed her a white packaging. "You can take this one; there's a small bathroom right behind you." He pointed at a door which was half hidden by the screen. "While we wait for the result, I'll take your blood pressure and draw some blood."

Jiyeon nodded and accepted the packaging with a trembling hand. "Thanks," She brought out with dry lips and marched over to the bathroom stiffly.

Taking a deep breath she closed the door behind her and stared at the white, too familiar package. Tearing her eyes from it, she took the time to look around in the small bathroom. The white sink gleamed in the bright T-light and a small stack of plastic cups was put on the right side of the sink; a soap dispenser placed on the other side. An equally gleaming white toilet was placed right across from the sink. The only other decoration that the small room was rich with, was a simple, small, black rug and a small trashcan.

Well, best not to let Taehyung wait too long.

Heart hammering in her chest, she discarded the test on the sink for the time being and grabbed a plastic cup to do her business in. As soon as she had filled the cup, she opened the package – cursing her fingers when the tremble going through them caused difficulties to open the test immediately – and carefully inserted the white stick into the cup for a few seconds. Placing the stick on the sink, she emptied the cup into the toilet, flushed and threw the cup into the trashcan. She washed her hands thoroughly, forcing herself to not keep staring at the – for now still – blank test and left the room after she had dried her hands.

"Take a seat; I'll take your blood pressure now," Taehyung informed her calmly and gathered the needed equipment.

"Have you heard what Jisoo did a couple of days ago?" He asked casually while his eyes were trained on his watch.

Jiyeon chuckled. "Yeah, he somehow managed to exchange his uncle shampoo for hair dye, right? I heard the big guy wasn't happy with that."

"Who would? He looks quite fabulous with the bright pink hair, though," Taehyung smirked and removed the blood pressure meter, uttering a satisfied sound. "Your blood pressure is normal. Let me take some blood now."

"Did his uncle piss off Jisoo or so?" Jiyeon questioned curiously and held out her arm so that the doctor could find a vein to draw blood from and fill three vials.

"No clue. Maybe he tried to steal some of his chocolate cookies. You know how protective the brat is of them," Taehyung replied dryly and pressed a cotton ball against the spot from where he had withdrawn the needle. "Keep pressure on this."

"Myungsoo apparently accused me of being a bad influence," Jiyeon commented amused, letting the man put a bandage on the puncture wound.

Jiyeon felt like she was starting to do a good job with ignoring the tantalizing scent hovering around the older man. The deep breath she took when Taehyung leant in towards her was merely to clear her head, she reassured herself, not because he wanted to smell him again.

"I heard that, yeah. I doubt he'll do much to you, though because he fears Krystal's wrath. Not to mention I would be quite annoyed if he tried to harm one of the very few people I can actually stand." Taehyung winked at her and turned around to put away the thin vials of blood.

Her cheeks filled with heat and she didn't know what flustered her more: the wink or Taehyung's comment. Damn that man for being so damn confusing.

"You can take a look at the test now. Let me know what the result is so that we can discuss what you need to do after this appointment," Taehyung murmured.

Her heart seemed to plummet to her stomach. "Right, I'll – I'll go check now," She stammered and returned to the bathroom on legs that seemed to be filled with rubber suddenly.

Please have two lines, please have two lines, she pleaded silently and reached out to pick up the test, her knees feeling quite wobbly.

Her brown eyes zeroed in on the small display of the test and her breath seemed to be knocked out of her.

Sounds were muted and she was only vaguely aware of her legs giving out on her and stumbling through the small room until she sank down on the toilet. Her eyes stayed fixated on the small stick; her entire body numb.

This couldn't be happening. This just wasn't true. It had to be a fluke or something. Maybe she needed a second test to verify it again, just to be certain.

Yet, she just knew that a second test wouldn't change the result.

A single line glared back at her, taunting her. Negative. It was negative again. Despite the hormone treatment, which she had taken every day at the exact same time just to maximize its effect; despite having with Suga every single day, sometimes even multiple times a day, the test still displayed a negative sign.

She wasn't carrying a baby. She wouldn't get to hold a baby in nine months.

The urge to scream rose up in her and she clenched her teeth together, her hand tightening around the damning stick. Why the wasn't she pregnant? What the was wrong with her that she still wasn't carrying a baby?

Why was this happening to her? Why wasn't she capable of conceiving?

Her sight became blurry and tremors shook her body violently. She wasn't going to cry, damn it! She wouldn't cry. She wasn't so pathetic that she would start crying because of a negative test. She was stronger than that!

What was she going to do now? If even the hormone treatment didn't work, did she have any other option left then?

What did she need to do to finally have a baby?

She jumped up, her heart thundering madly, when a hand landed on her shoulder and she looked up, straight into concerned, black eyes. Jiyeon hadn't even heard him come in.

"What's the result?" Taehyung asked softly.

Jiyeon opened her hand, displaying the negative symbol and smiled bitterly. "Negative again," She brought out in a choked voice. Taehyung took the test out of her hand and Jiyeon pressed her fists against her eyes, trying to hold back her tears. She would absolutely not start crying in front of Taehyung. She wasn't going to humiliate herself like that.

She just needed a couple of moments alone so that she could compose herself and keep it together long enough for her to reach her car. She knew she was on the verge of breaking down, but she didn't want to break down in front of the man. Breaking down about this result was already pathetic – there was no need to embarrass herself even more by crying in front of Taehyung.

She rose up on wobbly legs and she clasped her hands together, refusing to look at Taehyung. "Le – let's go back t-to your office. Is there may-maybe something else I can …"

She froze up when strong arms wrapped around her, bringing her flush against a warm, hard chest.

"No need to hold back; I'm not going to judge you," Taehyung told her softly. "You can cry if you need to."

"I – I'm not … I don't n-need to cry," Jiyeon spluttered, but was closing up and hot tears were building up behind her eyes, threatening to overflow while heat filled her face. She pressed her hands against Taehyung's chest, intent on pushing him away before this could turn incredibly humiliating, but the older man simply tightened his embrace slightly and rubbed over Jiyeon's back with one hand.

"Jiyeon, you don't need to keep up a façade. Just let it out," he murmured, warm breath washing over Jiyeon's cheek.

She tried to hold back, struggling a bit in a vain attempt to break free, but when Taehyung didn't loose up his embrace, Jiyeon broke down and started sobbing loudly, tears streaming down her face while her hands buried themselves into Taehyung's shirt, the formerly neat fabric bunched up between her fingers; her face buried into Taehyung's shoulder, her tears dampening the shirt.

"I – I don't kn-know what's wrong with me," She brought out between sobs; hurting from the force of them. "I – I th-thought I was pre-prepared for the result an-and told myself not to-to hope too much, bu-but I st-still thought the tr-treatment had worked. Wh-why can't I have a – a baby?"

"We'll figure something out, I promise," Taehyung whispered into her ear while his hand kept caressing Jiyeon's back. He started to rock them back and forth while Jiyeon continued to cry, letting out all her frustration, anger and sadness through the waterfall of hot tears.

When she finally stopped crying, her nose and head felt stuffed and she sniffled, wiping her – what now surely had become – red rimmed, swollen eyes.

Well, this had to be one of the most embarrassing moments in her life so far. How could she have let herself go like that?

She pulled back and released an embarrassed laugh. "I'm sorry," She said and looked up; a flush painting her cheeks. "I swear that I normally don't …"

Her breath hitched and she trailed off when she met Taehyung's eyes. She stood transfixed underneath the heavy look; the glittering black seemingly filling her entire vision. Something was stirring inside those alluring, mysterious, dark eyes and Jiyeon couldn't look away from them. Her heart started to beat madly and something was stirring inside her stomach. What was happening?

A large hand came to rest on her cheek, the warmth of it clashing with her own heated skin and she let her head be tilled back, not even thinking once of protesting or pulling away. The thumb caressing her cheekbone had an hypnotizing effect and she felt trapped, like a rabbit in front of a large predator when Taehyung bent his head.

The odd scent clinging to Taehyung intensified, making Jiyeon feel as if she was swimming in the heady smell; she had never done drugs, but she vaguely thought this must be how taking drugs felt like: this overpowering, heady feeling that filled her, that left her quite giddy and left a pleasant sensation behind.

"Jiyeon, I …" Taehyung whispered, bringing his face closer.

"Mr. Kim, I have a client here, waiting to pick up a prescription," The secretary called out suddenly, abruptly breaking the odd atmosphere that had been growing between them.

It was as if a bucket of ice water had been dumped on Jiyeon. She jumped backwards, alarmed, ripping herself free from Taehyung's hold while the man cursed underneath his breath.

"I – I'll be right back." Taehyung cleared his throat and – with his cheeks suspiciously smudged with a red flush – he walked briskly towards his desk, leaving a mortified Jiyeon behind.

Her knees gave out and she slumped down on the toilet, while she stared wide eyed at her trembling hands.

What had nearly happened just now? Had she really been about to kiss Taehyung?

No, she wouldn't have done that! She loved Suga, she would never cheat on him!

And yet, she had done nothing to pull back. If his secretary hadn't interrupted them, would they have kissed?

"," She whispered horrified. This was starting to become very dangerous. What was it about Taehyung that made her lose her mind when she was around him? Why was she reacting so strongly towards him? It couldn't be because Taehyung was incredibly attractive – both Myungsoo and Suga were very attractive people and yet Jiyeon had never felt drawn towards them in the same way that she was drawn towards Taehyung.

Oh, maybe only Suga had coaxed strong reactions in her and even those seemed to pale a bit in comparison to the sensations Taehyung managed to bring out in her.

What the hell was happening with her?

A throat clearing made her startle and she stared at Taehyung, who had appeared in the door opening.

"Sorry for that," Taehyung said and he looked uncomfortable, making Jiyeon wonder whether he was apologising for the near kiss or the fact that he had been called away. She didn't feel brave enough to ask for clarification. "Let's discuss what we are going to do about your predicament."

"All right," Jiyeon muttered and followed Taehyung back to his desk, desperately hoping that he wouldn't bring up the near kiss. She wasn't certain how she would react. She was still reeling from how it had nearly happened.

"All the tests we've done all conclude the same thing: you are fertile and thus should not have any problems conceiving," Taehyung spoke; his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. His tone had undergone a complete change; from soft, intimate to brisk, business like. His pen tapped on a paper. "Yet, the hormone treatment has not worked. There has to be something that we're overlooking."

Jiyeon kept quiet, shifting a bit on her chair. She honestly had no idea what else could cause her inability to get pregnant. She never had any surgery or got hurt in her stomach area, so she was baffled. If every test stated that she was able to get pregnant, why wasn't she carrying a baby then?

"How about your boyfriend, Suga?" Taehyung questioned abruptly.

Jiyeon blinked surprised. "What about Suga?" She inquired surprised. What did Suga has to do with this?

"Is he taking any medication that could prevent you from getting pregnant? Did he have an accident in the past that could cause him to have trouble impregnating you?" Taehyung explained his odd inquiry.

"What? No, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter