Jenga game

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been 3 weeks since my accident. Everything was going great. I made Seung Hyun go back to work after a week and I regretted it later. It made me feel more lonely but thankfully Mrs.Hwang was there to cheer me up. I got used to doing more things with my left right now like changing clothes or doing my hair and all. However, my husband insisted on feeding me himself every time we would eat together. 

 

We had our families coming over one night and we did our best to act so real. But for me it wasn't acting, it felt so... real. I thought maybe after all this time, I got used to pretending but I knew I was only fooling myself. 

 

Our relationship had been better since we started to sleep in the same room. Every night before we would sleep we would find ourselves talking about everything and anything. I got so used to him that I was afraid he'll move away when Mrs.Hwang leave us. And that's how I started to think in making her stay longer. 

 

We've become more of friends after these weeks but still I didn't tell him that I forgave him. I loved it when he'd do his best to please me. He would look so adorable. Even though we were friends, it didn't mean we didn't have a few moments that normal friends would share. Just like the first time we kissed a week ago. 

 

 

Flashback:

 

It was the last week of August, Seung Hyun had to go to a company party and since I was feeling tired, I stayed at home. It was getting late, almost 10 pm when he came. I was in the living room watching TV and he came and sat next to me, it was obvious he was slightly drunk.

'' How was the party?  '' I asked

'' Boring '' he answered removing his suit jacket 

'' That's why you're drunk huh? '' 

'' Are you mad? '' he asked back and we had a staring competition before I quickly look away

'' No why would I be? '' 

He stood and went to the kitchen and a few minutes after, he came back holding a bottle of Pinot Noir and two glasses. 

'' What is this? '' 

'' We're gonna have our own party, right now '' he replied with a charming and goofy smile, how much I love his silly moments... 

'' You're crazy, you're already drunk '' 

'' Come on, just one drink '' he pleaded handing me a glass of wine

 

I knew it wasn't the right choice because one glass turned to two and after a few minutes the bottle was almost done. I stopped drinking after the first glass because the doctor told me before it will delay my healing period. When I saw he wasn't planning on stopping, I took it away from him

'' Why? I was really enjoying it '' he whined like children, his cheeks were already pink

'' But you're already drunk  '' 

'' Have I ever told you that you are so beautiful '' he said turning his body in way he was looking directly at me 

I was blushing a deep shade of red. A part of me wished that he would say that while he was sober and another part was happy because it would be so awkward if he was able to remember it. 

'' I am going to sleep '' I said standing up to go but he swiftly held my wrist and ended up staying on his lap.

 

I was paralyzed, I didn't know what to do right then and all I was able to do was gulping and thinking about balancing my breath. His put one of his hands around my waist and the other one was on my right cheek. My eyes were wide open because I knew exactly what was coming next. 

'' W-what a-are y-you d-doin-ng  '' I stuttered and he put his finger on my lips, is he keep this my heart is gonna stop and I would suffer from a hyperventilation...

'' Don't move '' he said in low and husky voice.

His face was getting closer to mine and both of his hands were securing my waist and my face. I wouldn't move even if I wanted to. It was like he cast a spell on me. And if just seconds, his lips were on mine. They felt so soft and warm. At first, I was like a dead body but then I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. 

 

It was a soft and sweet kiss like the kind of kiss anyone would ever want to have. It felt like time stopped at that moment. After was seemed like a decade which in fact was only a few seconds he pulled away. He put his forehead on my mine and in what was like a whisper he said

'' Now, I can call it a night '' 

 

His words were a wake-up call for me, I immediately removed myself from him and made my way to the room. I couldn't say anything and practically run to the bedroom. I could hear him laugh at me but I didn't care. My mind was blank and there were butterflies in my stomach and heart was about to jump out of my body. If just a kiss made me feel like then, then what will... No, Ji Hyun, no, don't think about this stuff... I shook my head as a way to remove these thoughts and sat on the bed trying to turn my breath back to normal again. 

 

I put my fingers on my lips and I was sure there was a stupid grin on my face back then. I heard him coming up the stairs so I quickly made my way under the blankets and as soon as he entered the room, I pretended I was asleep. I was sure he knew I wasn't because after he changed he came next to me and I could feel his breath near my ear then he said

'' Good night, I can't wait to repeat it again '' I can feel him smiling and then he planted a quick and light kiss on my cheek. 

 

I didn't know how I was able to sleep that night, it was like I had my first kiss all over again. Well, it was our first kiss. Somehow I was able to sleep but when the morning came, I woke up but I didn't find Seung Hyun next to me. When I went to the kitchen,  hoped I would see him there but instead, I only found Mrs.Hwang there. She told me that he left earlier for work. I was slightly disappointed because in some way I hoped I would find him and see his reaction. 

 

When he came at night, he was acting as if nothing ever happened. I told Chaerin an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter