Second Attack (Boy II)

The Girl Meets... What?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

  
    

 

 

I woke up in pinkeye haze and a heavy hangover of sun-mottling fog poured through the window. I’m in a half-state of awake as I strained to recall that this dimly-lit room was indeed, my room and will now be my room for the next 4 years or so.

 

Rolling to my side, I grabbed my phone that was under my pillow to check the time. It was 4:45 in the afternoon, the realization that I had passed out half of the day hasn’t sunk in until a gentle knock on the door echoed through the pink-walled yet hollow and empty room.

 

I’ve always wondered why my uncle painted it pink, wondered what image he had of me when he heard his niece was going to be under his care, wondered what his reactions were after seeing me in real life and shattering the ideal image of a niece. A pretty, sweet and loving girl, which was totally far from how I am.

 

“Lisa? Are you awake now?” The voice that belonged to my uncle called.

 

“Yes, I just did.” I answered, getting up from the fluff of covers.

 

 

 I tried to recapture the events this morning and sure, embarrassment washed over my whole body, like a cold shower.

 

I bled and passed out again, I dug my face in my covers wanting to let out a scream, or a horrible cry but then again that would cause unnecessary worry from the man behind the door. So I don’t.

 

Instead, I bite my tongue and regretted after cutting it unintentionally.

 

“Owww…” I hissed.

 

“Oh, that’s a relief… You had us worried so uhm, I just finished preparing dinner… Come out and let’s eat, okay?”

 

Us?  I walked my way to the door, grabbing the knob but stopped when,

 

“Also, there’s people I’d like you to meet but don’t be too nervous, okay? I had a talk with noona and she said that you’d be fine as long as you don’t look at them in eye. She said you’ll get used to them in no time, and that if you wanted a change, you could make use of them while you’re here..” He added rapidly, in a clumsy voice stuttering just once or maybe twice.

 

Anyhow, it didn’t matter anymore when I finally understood the true meaning of his words. Suddenly, I wished I hadn’t come to Korea.

 

If I could just disappear to anywhere but here, I would. What kills me more is the fact that, that guy was probably the “Us” samcheon was talking about.

 

 

-

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter