First Attack (Boy I)

The Girl Meets... What?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wiped the condensation off the foggy window with my pajama sleeve. This time it’s Seoul huh. I thought to myself. It was still dim outside, but I had an unbroken view of the tiny puddles forming on the ground. From how the sky looked, it should have been rather cold, but my body was warm.

It was still early morning, so there wasn’t anyone outside, nor was there a sound. All that was even moving out there was rain, drifting down at a fixed rhythm.

It made my breathing and the rustling of my clothes seem unusually louder.

Today was my 5th day since I moved in, in Korea with my uncle who was the younger brother of my mother. My parents sent me off from Thailand on the premise that I should take a break from home and try out something new. Although I already know that they were secretly working on their divorce papers. My parents never knew that I already realized that.

I’m not really sad about it; in fact, if it’s a decision that would make the both of them happier then I will support them. My parents have showered me enough love as it is and I also know they loved each other even though at some point they realized their differences. You see, they were very young when they had me.

The first time I saw my mom cry was when our dog Bada gave birth to three pups and the second time was when she told me at the airport before sending me off that I wasn’t a mistake, and that being born in this world has given her so much joy. My dad, was the same, he told me that I was the greatest gift my mother gave to him. Although he was rather a tough looking guy from the eyes of others, he was the gentlest person I have ever known.

I’ll miss them. I’ll miss the times we had together too.

But no one’s to blame.

 

 

Thinking about home while looking through the monochromatic skies sounded gloomy so I shot up from the window sill where I sat and tiptoed my way out my bedroom door as gentle as I can be to get a mug of hot chocolate. Or something else.

Should I cook? I thought. I only have a few tricks on my sleeves but I have never cooked a Korean dish before so I went with pancakes instead. It’s simple. Easy. Safe. Yum.

I smiled at the thought.

In a matter of seconds, I prepared the batter and warmed up the pan. Bacon might be a good addition to my breakfast menu.

Whistling my way through the fridge, looking for ingredients I can find, an unfamiliar voice scared me to my wits when it suddenly sang.

“Ah-woo~”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter