The End

10.5

 

 

 

The smell of Kyungsoo's favourite stew lingered in the kitchen. You smile to yourself as you dipped the spoon in the jjigae broth. Blow slowly and taste it before turn off the gas. Perfect. Just how he likes it. Not too spicy, not to salty. Just perfect. Taking off your apron, you started prepared the table. Today is your wedding anniversary. Your second anniversary to be exact. Therefore you make an effort to get back early and cook all his favourite meals. Roaming through the kitchen, you were looking for the new plates. There it is on the top shelves.

 

"But why all these plates place on the top?" Kyungsoo said while he hold you up. Hands safely wrap on your thin waist. You try to reach the cabinet ignoring his remark.

"I thought you did it on purpose since you like skinship." You scoff to your husband but he just let out a soft laughter. "It must be Chanyeol. The prick said I am not strong enough to lift you up but here I am."

You giggled. Remember Chanyeol and Baekhyun came here to help both of you arranging the furniture last time. Put down the plates, you kissed him on the lips. "Thank you. Now you can let go."

"No.. Kiss me more."

You shook your head watching Kyungsoo puckered his lips. Pinched his cheeks, you showered his with more kisses. You both laughed happily.

 

Wiping the last plate, you sort everything prettily on the table. Not to forget you bought the purple lilac from flower shop near your house. Fill it in the glass vase and fit in the center. Your are not much of flower person but Kyungsoo is. He said something about purple lilac symbolic a first love. Which why he gave it to you on the first date. You are not taking account about the flower but your husband effort is endearing.

Sometime when you are not busy with work, you like to do something like this. A dinner for two. It is not easy to go eating out since he is celebrity. Marrying well known person is tough but you used to it. In fact, he prefers homemade foods. He once jokingly said the restaurant near SM can adopt him because he eats so much there than his own house.

If both of you have free time, Kyungsoo will join you to cook. More like he the head chef while you play the assistant. Wearing the couple apron, you accompany him in the kitchen.

 

"How is it? Is it too bland?" He wipes your corner lips after gave you try his infamous Kimchi Spaghetti. His expression worried.

"Not bad..." You try to . Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. Checking his thick gravy. Beside his works, he always serious when it comes to cook. The taste must be delicious because good food make people happy.

"Baby.. Not bad is invalid. How can you measured it. Not bad can either be good or it can be bad as well. Use scale. From 1 to 10. So which are you?"

You sneak your arms around his neck. Pretend to think hard. He is so cute looking all impatient with his pink apron while waiting for your answer.

"Hmm.. You need to clarify clearly from scale 1 to 10.. which number is good, very good, or bad, very bad, very very very bad."

He gulped. "Is that bad?"

Sighed he put the spatula down. "0.5 is very very very bad, I am not accepting negative number." You almost burst into laughing but you ned to put an act. His seriousness is adorable. This cutie.

"So.. I guess 10.5 is very very very good one, I am going with 10.5 then." His face lit up in sudden. He flashed you with bright smile. "Really? You are not kidding? Are you?"

"No way. This is the best Kimchi Spaghetti I ever taste in the world." He satisfied with your comment. "But, this is the first Kimchi Spaghetti I taste in my life." You laughed loudly quickly run because Kyungsoo is ready to catch you.

 

You smile. Those time is good to reminisce. Look out on the window, dark cloud cover your sight. It's going to be rain soon.

 

That night thunder and lightning disturb your sleep. It was heavy rain outside. At first, you were ok but it getting so loud making you creep out. You were sweating in air conditioning room. Mouth praying Kyungsoo will wake up and hugs you. But he just fall asleep and looks so tired. You try to shift closer slowly not wanting to wake him up.

"Baby??" His eyes half open. Looking all sleepy. You want to explain yourself. But--

"Come here.." He drag your body closer. Pulling you in tight embrace. Closing his eyes, he sang a lullaby to calm your down while pat your back.

Opening his eyes, he looks down to you. Knowing all the time you were watching him singing. He kissed you forehead. "Bad dream.. Bad dream.. Go away."

"Is that even legit?" You tighten the embrace. Internally scream because Kyungsoo always make you feel like a child sometime. You burried your face in his neck. He smell wonderful. Mixed of vanilla scent and his natural smell. It just so good and make you feel protected.

"Sleep or my chant will not work." He sternly said. "Nae..."

 

You untie the ribbon and tie it back two times. Feeling quite uneasy. Stare at the wall clock. It shows 11.45pm. Usually Kyungsoo will show up at 12pm after finish his work. If not, he will call or simply call you in advanced.

The last time he arrived home late at mignight, you were nagging but he usual respond was smile and kissing your forehead for upteenth times. His kiss works like magic. Whenever you get really angry, one simple touch make you lost the urge to do so.

 

Kyungsoo give you back hugs, acknowledge you were mad.

He softly whispered, "Science said if you get mad easily, you will stress and accumulate fat more than normal people do."

"Wow so informative. Did science told you to sleep outside tonight?"

"Well. Get fat is not a bad thing." He winked at you. "Beside, you are easily recognised because you are cute and round, don't you think?"

"I am still mad over here."

"Ok. Ok. I am sorry. Next time I'll be sharp." You nodded denying his existance by doing your chores.

"But baby, even if you have a loooooooot of fat, I still love you regardless. Because you y in whatever conditions." You can't help but cracked up. This man never fail to make you feel happy. "You better love me."

 

You were switching place. Trying to brush any bad feeling. It so cold because outside was pouring. Flip boringly through channels you saw the clock almost at 2am. Nervously you bit your nail. The habit that both of u have whenever u feel tense. Reaching out for your phone, you dialling his number again but it direct to voice mail. You try to despise any negative thought by focusing on TV.  You want to call Chanyeol or Sehun so bad but perhaps they have sudden change schedule tonight.

"Honey.. Not sleeping yet?"

Your mother in law sit down in one of the couch. You took the remote control. Slowing down the volume.

"Did I wake you up mom? I am sorry.. I am waiting for oppa. He no--"

"He will not come back again tonight.." She scooted closer. You confused. She smiles but her expression is hurt. She touch your hand bring closer to her. Sharing the warmess. It feels like him. You sat like that for almost 10 minutes.

She stared into your eyes. You saw sudden tears filling her eyes. Making you own fill with tears as well. Why did you feel so hurt and sad? What just happened? Your heart unknowingly ache suddenly.

"My son left us.. Your husband died last year in car accident. Do you remember?"

The sudden news hit you back in reality. You can't stop tears that keep streaming down in your cheeks. You bawling hard in her embraces. Trying to think it just bad dream. No.. It can't be real. You still feel the kiss he give you in the morning before he went to the company. No way.. It.. All those kisses you felt are last year???

"It's ok.. it's ok.. mummy is here. He is in God care."

Remember something, you fishing out for your phone. Look out through all messages until one message with red heart emoji from Kyungsoo pop out.

"I'll meet you later baby.. Will miss you.. hearteu."

 

"But.. mom.. he promised...." Your voice is trembled. All of your confident from the evening is drained. You felt so weak. You unable to differentiate between dream and reality anymore. This is so harsh. Mother took your phone. Her voice hoarsed, "Look at the date.." 

You look again at the date wishing is not true. It is from last year. It was his last message to you. All the memory instantly gathered in your mind. Like a puzzle piece. All the reality. The day on your wedding anniversary. That night in the rain. He involved in accident. Some drunk driver hit his car. He died with crushed lilac purple found in his side. 

You cried. Even harder this time. Mother hugs you. Caress you back lovingly. She cries too.

"He tought me so many things but he never teach me.. how to life without him.."

 

The windy breeze blew your hair. The cloud is so blue and pretty. You feel the chill of sea water washed your feets. Sitting on the beach with your head laying on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"I want time to stop like this." You said.

"You can't." He pinch your nose bridge. You look into his eyes lovingly. Touching his face.

"I am the happiest woman in this world to marry to Do Kyungsoo. For that, I am so thankful. I love you.." He smiles and cup your face. "I love you more baby.."

"We choose to be this happy therefore as human we can't help to get hurt sometime ok?" He leaned and plant a sweet kiss. "I hope.. My baby always be a strong person.."

 

You eyes open, immedietly sit up. You in your room. You realized it just another dream. Your husband indeed left. looking at the empty side, you touch it feel cold without him.

"I miss you.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I feel angsty so here I am. This is so random because I feel so sad last night I wrote this down on phone real quick. Anyway it just a story. I don't intent to kill anyone. Yes too much kisses and hugs. I used Kyungsoo well. haha, As much as I love angst, I love fluffy more. LOL. I don't expect anyone read this bull. but if you do. Drop your comments and say hi. Till then.

Oh wait. Vote EXO on MAMA. They deserved 4th win. Baek must be happy. He wants to win so bad. Much love, Nana.