Packed Schedule

Fifteen Minutes of Faith
I switch the TV off and toss the remote across the couch. It lands two feet away with a bump muted by the plush fabric.
Sighing, I run my hand through my bangs as I wonder if today's dinner plan with my boyfriend will also be a busy, like last weekend. And the one before that.
 
Our relationship seems to have fallen into a rut. Every date night gets postponed or just simply cancelled, because the boys have a crazier-than-usual schedule; what with the release of their brand new album and their never-ending promotions all over the schedule.
 
As much as I love seeing Sehun follow the path of his dreams, I also notice the hesitation in his texts saying something's come up. I realize how tired he sounds over the phone recently. And I worry about him passing out from the exhaustion he's subjected to. And it kills me because there's nothing either of us can do to make it easier. He laughs it off when I tell him it's okay to sneak in a couple of hours of sleep in the car, just like Jongin.
 
Just as I'm thinking of all this, 'Call Me Baby' starts playing on my phone. Recognizing the familiar ringtone I've set for him, I clear my mind of bleak thoughts and pick it up.
 
"Hey babe," his tired yet happy voice greets me, "what you doing?"
 
"Speak of the devil and the devil appears." I smile into the phone
 
"A little obsessed with me, aren't you," said devil remarks
 
"I'd say, probably more than a little bit"
 
"Not one to play hard to get, eh?"
 
"Still not as easy as you were" I quip
 
That makes him burst out laughing as do I, remembering just how easy going out with him was.
 
"I miss you," he says in a more serious tone "more than a little bit baby"
 
"I miss you too. Let's go see a movie this Sunday?"
 
"Sure. I'll pick you up by 7 and we'll get dinner later."
 
"I'm holding you down to that!"
 
"Wanna watch a movie right now?"
 
"It's like 1 am" I say, pretty sure most theatres are closed by now.
 
"On Netflix"
 
"I'd rather we sleep"
 
"I'd rather we sleep, too", he yawns "I'm wiped"
 
"Then I'll let you go"
 
"But I wanna talk with you" he whines through the phone
 
"Night, Sehun" I reluctantly said to make sure he was well-rested
 
"Night babe, I'll call you in the morning" he says as I disconnect.