One.

Physics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy could clearly recall when it had begun.

It was a placid Wednesday evening and a gentle sprinkle buzzed against the fog on her window.  With her Physics tests out of the way, she decided to treat herself to a day of relaxation on her laptop, chatting with Luhan absentmindedly.  A bubbly chime broke the silence and Joy’s gaze naturally flickered to the notification that had appeared in the corner of her screen.

1 new friend request: Yeri Kim.

Perhaps the request was completely robotic? or out of curiosity?  Because Joy couldn’t quite bring herself to believe that Yeri Kim had added her on Facebook with the intention of being friends.

She quirked an eyebrow at the request. She had nothing against the kid, no, in fact, she knew little to nothing about her.  Famous for her dedication to the Japanese culture and addiction to Hello Kitty, Yeri had also created some kind of reputation that contrasted the image she had for lingering around the campus’s pair of heartthrobs: Seulgi Kang and Irene Bae.

Luhan was off of his medication and refused to stop spamming her, so with an annoyed grunt, she muted the conversation and slapped her alternate friend, Wendy, who laid still in a deep sleep.

“Wendy.”

           “Ouch—what?”

           “I got a friend request.”

           “…so?  Ugh, I’m going back to sleep.”

           “It’s from Yeri Kim.”

           Wendy sat up from her position on Joy’s bed, gripping the edges with a newfound interest, “The underclassman who hangs out with the Seulgi and the Irene?”

           Joy nodded, eyes still glued to the screen, “Ye—”

           “ACCEPT IT.”

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter