But

But
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minho watched Taehyun by the corner of his eyes. Every freaking .03 seconds, the maknae’s phone will tinkle and Taehyun will either grin, stifle a laugh or make a puppy dog expression out of the blue.

What the is happening? Was what Minho thought at first, irritated at the continued chimes and the rapid fire reply of Taehyun to whoever he was sending messages to.

He wasn’t sure when but that question slowly escalated to: “Who the hell is he texting?” and then to: “What the hell are they talking about?” that eventually turned to: “What on earth is that expression he’s making now?”

 

 

But

“Don’t draw a line, or I’ll cross it entirely.”

 

And because the gods can no longer stand to see Minho glaring so intently at the innocent maknae, they let Seunghoon slap his back hard, waking him from the hundreds of questions he’s thinking about.

“Why are you staring at Taehyun like a freak? And you got that scowl, hmmm… did you fight?”

Minho turned to look at the laptop he’s been hearing in the background as he unconsciously (at some point) broke his neck as he watched Taehyun sitting on top of their kitchen counter. They are going to film the parody of The Heirs and he’s trying to watch how his character acts when Taehyun suddenly appeared in the kitchen, trying to get something but eventually forgot to as he did not close their refrigerator since he’s been too busy texting someone.

“We did not hyung,” He finally answered, too defensive in tone than what he intended it to be.

Seunghoon looked at Taehyun from where they are sitting and then gave Minho a knowing look. “Our maknae seems to be enjoying texting for the first time!” He half-shouted, trying to get Taehyun’s attention as well but failed to anyway.

“Yeah he is.” Minho clicked his tongue, the pad of his index finger landing forcefully on the left tracking pad of the laptop.

“What is this?” Seunghoon did not miss that, so his hand landed on the younger’s shoulder and made him turn to him. “Are you jealous!?” He started, amused at Minho’s mood.

Minho’s brows met and Seunghoon laughed out loud at the pout that followed. So in return Minho’s fingers found its way to the back of the older’s neck, then down his sides as he started tickling Seunghoon with an annoyed fold still creasing between his brows.

“Where did that came from huh!?”

“I am your hyung! Hyung! Me! Stop!”

 

Taehyun looked up from his phone to be greeted by Minho climbing over Seunghoon as he tickled the other, making them almost fall from their sofa. He discretely took a photo of the scene before him and sent it to Danah.

 

To: Song Danah

Your brother’s playing with another dog. They look like puppies.

 

 From: Song Danah

Isn’t he cute!? I bet you’re falling for him even harder!

 

Taehyun looked over at the duo, his eyes focusing on Minho and thinking to himself that Danah hit the mark.

It has been weeks when he accidently met Danah while he was out shopping for another guitar. They met by the standees and the younger Song asked how his brother was doing.

“It’s not like we don’t talk.” Danah smiled brightly up at him. “It’s just… he can be secretive sometimes especially if he’s convinced that he’ll just be worrying us.”

Taehyun understood this well. Minho can be too selfless at times and it bothers him as well because even if the rapper’s actually feeling the world crushing him down he’ll try his best to mask that with his usual grins. “He’s okay. Still a dork. But he’s still the most caring man I’ve ever known.”

Her smiled stretched broader and she started to ask Taehyun about his guitar collection. Taehyun answered her interested questions with pleasant and easy replies.

Just like Minho, his sister was someone who can easily start a conversation and keep it going. She has this innocent curiosity and go-with-the-flow vibe that it was not a burden when she asked Taehyun if she can come along with him.

At some point though, Taehyun did not notice how their casual conversation slowly turned to be Minho-focused.

“He’s so nice right?”

“Yes he is. We often drink together back at the dorms and whenever I pass out I always wake up on my bed. He’s kind enough to bring me back to my room and pull the covers for me.”

“Whoa! He’ll kill me if he knows I’m drinking! He’ll never let me drink!”

“That’s because he’s just worried about you.”

“Aigoo, my brother is so lovely! A lot of girls I know wants him to be their boyfriend!”

“Well that is… understandable. He can easily take his pick if he wanted to.”

“But he’s still single, I wonder why?”

“Maybe because he’s waiting for someone? Or maybe he’s just not ready for now?”

“Ayo, but I think you’ll be perfect for him!”

“I’m not his type though.”

“Hmm? Why’d you say that?”

“Well he said once that he prefers someone with the same personality as him and I’m… although I am trying, it’ll be nice if he… likes me you know?”

“Of course it’s nice! I really want you to be my brother-in-law!”

Taehyun chuckled in response and they walked along the mall for a few more minutes in silence.

“So you like my brother?”

“Yeah I do.”

“Figured.”

Silence again.

“So when do you plan to tell him?”

“Tell him what?”

“Tell him that you like him.”

Taehyun stopped his tracks, the wrapped guitar suddenly felt heavier on his back. “Did I just..?”

Danah was smirking at him now, a very close resemblance to his brother’s. “Yah, you just did.”

And Taehyun heaved a crooked groan.

Ahhh this Song siblings!

 

From: Song Danah

So when will you tell him?

 

Taehyun glanced back at their living room, Minho’s arm is now hooked under Seunghoon’s neck in a lock, Jinwoo already by their side and tapping the muscled arm, asking Minho to let go of his boyfriend’s neck.

“Listen to Jinwoo!!” Seunghoon choked, his own arms stretching to reach Jinwoo’s hands. “Save me baby!!”

“Minho-yah let go!”

Taehyun closed the message and kicked their ajar refrigerator open to finally get that apple he’d been aiming at, he can now hear Jinwoo shouting Seungyoon’s name, asking for help.

When will I tell him?

 

 

From: Lil Sis >-<

Yes oppa, we met last Thursday and he’s fun to be with! You’re so lucky to be dorming with him!

 

To: Lil Sis >-<

And you’re meeting again?

 

From: Lil Sis >-<

I hope so!

 

To: Lil Sis >-<

Is it a date?

 

From: Lil Sis >-<

What does big brother thinks of it as??

 

Minho sighed long enough as he read the latest text his sister sent him again. She had told him she was the one who had been texting with Taehyun since the day they met by the guitar store, and it doesn’t take a genius to know that it only means one thing –

They are interested in each other.

The rapper looked at Taehyun who’s now currently being transformed into the most beautiful woman he could imagine. He broke into a sad smile as he pocketed his phone.

Guess he needs to give up now, huh?

“Minho-yah! Am I pretty?” Jinwoo suddenly appeared in front of him, and he let out a surprised yelp.

“You really look like a lady hyung! What magic!”

“Thank you!” The deer-eyed vocal showed him an aigyo and Minho clapped for him.

“Go show yourself to Seunghoon-hyung, his jaw will crash for sure!”

Jinwoo immediately dropped his well-acted lady modesty. “Can you help me Minho-yah?”

“With what hyung?”

“Let’s make Seunghoon jealous.”

Minho shot him a curious stare. “Why hyung, what happened?”

“I just saw him exchanging numbers with a girl and it did not make me happy.” Jinwoo is now st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter