Chapter 1

That Summer '16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's one hot summer day in Southern California. 

 

The sun is peaking out to grace the crowd with it's presence while a mass of people bask under it. 

 

It's a typical Sunday afternoon, with great number of people in the beach for it is a weekend. 

 

I was one of those people who are in the beach  that day. I'm with my friends-- Taeyeon and Yuri, they had been with me since as long as I can remember, and of course as our weekly routine every summer, we are at the beach; Taeyeon and I are under the umbrella beach, while Yuri is surfing-- now you know why she has a dark complexion, just saying.

 

Today is exemptionally crowded, 
 and as for a typical homebody like Taeyeon, she despise it. I would just laugh whenever she comment about something like;

 

"People here are such an eyesore, we should just get going," or, "It's so hot in here, I have AC in my dorm, wanna get out of here?"


She's just too precious. Really.

 

Well as for my other buddy Yuri, she's a surfing instructor, one of the reasons why were here with a grumpy Taeyeon who cannot do anything but just comply.

 

It's already past 4 in the afternoon and a little over 30 minutes for Yuri's shift to end and a little too happy Taeyeon who's packing her stuff. She doesn't really like being outside of her bedroom that sometimes we're really worried that she's going to die alone.

 

I'm serious. THAT is how grave her, being an anti-social. I should set her up. Yup! That will do. 

 

Yuri came back saying we should wait for her inside the building cause she's going to talk to her manager for the time being. I felt tired doing nothing so I stood up with Taeyeon following my action and proceeded to her company's building.

 

Average looking office is what I would describe the place. not too small working place, surfing boards everywhere, and too-plain-for-my-liking white walls. 

 

The two of us sat on the long couch provided near the entrance door and waited for Yuri's return.

 

She came back with two models? I'm not really sure about that though they really look like one. They are quite friendly with one another so I took that as a sign that Yuri is relatively close to them.

 

"These are my friends boss-- the doe eyed one is Im Yoona, and the shorty is Kim Taeyeon," This Kwon surely likes to .

 

The blonde one has this stoic facade. While the brunette is giving us her eyesmile. Pretty I may say, well the other one though-- not so much, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter