Farewell My Love

Farewell My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky looked dark. I couldn't see the sun and there was a cold breeze blowing. To cut it short, this day seemed gloomy. I think its trying to match my current situation.

I'm at the airport, sitting on a waiting bench all alone. A few people were around. I was waiting for someone to arrive. I've been waiting for hours. But I won't lose hope. I'll still wait for him becaue he promised me that he will go with me and I trust him. I still trust him no matter what he did.

[FLASHBACK]
There is still a week left before the wedding. I still couldn't believe that he's going to get maried already. The one person that I love with all my heart is alreadh getting married. Not to me though but with someone else.

I still love him. More than I have loved him for the past 8 years. I tried begging him to not continue the wedding but he refused. I'm not going to give up though. Not yet. So, here I am at our dorm waiting for him to arrive from some meeting with their wedding planner.

I heard the door open and his voice filling our empty dorm. The others were out due to their schedule so only the two of us were left.

"Kyu?" I heard him call me. I turned around to look at him and noticed that he looked really tired. Must've been from all the stuff he's busying himself with lately.

"H-hey, Min," I stuttered out, "How was the meeting?"

He looked down at his feet and cleared his throat, "It-it was fine. Everything is almost ready," he said then looked up to give me a small smile.

I nodded and looked away. I don't know what to say next. I was too nervous to think of the next thing that I was suppose to say. Luckily, Sungmin spoke again.

"Where are the others?"

"They all have schedule," I said.

He made an ah sound and said, "I will be at my room. If you need anything just call for me."

He then walked towards his room but before he could even walk farther away from me, I stood up from the couch and grabbed his wrist making him stop and look at my hand.

"I–uh..I need to talk to you about...about something," I said and mentally kicked myself for my voice cracking. I shouldn't be so nervous about this.

"I'm really tired, Kyu. Couldn't that wait?"

I shook my head, "No. Please, Min. It's..it"s really important," I pleaded.

Sungmin sighed then looked at me. I let go of his wrist and took a deep breath. I swallowed the lump on my throat and spoke, "Run away with me."

He blinked and didn't spoke a word. He must've been taking in what I just said. It was really sudden after all.

"What?" he said in disbelief.

"I said, I want you to run away with me," I spoke, this time with much more confidence.

"Run away...with you? You want me to run away with you and–and ditch my wedding?" he asked.

I clenched my jaw and nodded. That is exactly what I want.

"Are you insane, Kyuhyun? You're basically asking me to leave my bride. You're asking me to leave the girl that I love!" he said. His voice rising a little.

I scoffed and this time, it was my chance to look at him like he's a mad man.

"Love? I think I should be the one asking you if you're insane, Sungmin. You don't love her. You just like the idea of her. You like the idea of having someone who will take care of you. You like the idea of having a normal life. You don't love her. You never did. Stop fooling yourself," I said while staring at him intensely.

"You're out of your mind, Kyuhyun. Stop this right now. We've talked about this already. I told you, I love her. Can't you just move on and let me be?!"

I laughed bitterly at what he said. Move on huh? Why is it so easy for him to say that. It's like...it's like nothing special happened between us. Like he already forgot those memories that we made together.

"Why are you like this, Min? Why do you act like you never even loved me? Why is it so easy for you to throw everything out just like that? Say, Sungmin, have you ever loved me? Or was those years we've been together just a lie?" I asked. I was trying all my best to not cry in front of him.

He looked at me with an expression that I couldn't read. I waited for his answer but nothing came.

"Sungmin..."

"I'm doing this for the both of us, Kyu. We both know that our relationship won't work out. You deserve someone better and as much as I want to be that someone, it could never be me. It would never be me," He said looking away from me.

"You don't understand, Min. I only want you. No one else. No girl could ever replace you. If I couldn't spend the rest of my life with you then I'd rather die alone."

Sungmin shook his head and finally looked at me, "I thought you've matured already. But I was wrong. You're still the young and foolish Kyuhyun that I first met. This isn't a fairytale, Kyu. We have to be realistic. We cannot be together. Those years that we had? They were...amazing. But we were young back then. We thought that everything would be fine as long as we're together but we were wrong, aren't we?"

I looked down at my feet and closed my eyes. Wishing that the tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter