Girlfriend. No girlfriend.

Caught In A Lie

"Hi, Hyuna!"

The sound of the new notification woke her up. A lot of ideas how to kill the person that woke her up came through her mind. Until she saw who it was.

"Hello, Jiyoon." She typed lazily. She had no power, no energy to do literally anything.

"You won't believe what Gayoon did today!"

"What did she do?"

"She gave me flowers! A bouquet of roses! And...

And...

She pulled off a serenade for me.

I think it was brave and sweet."

So she's still crazy about her. Normal life of Kim Hyuna. Falling in love with people who are already in love. Typical. She got used to it. But she couldn't show it. She couldn't be obvious.

"What happened after?"

"She's now my girlfriend. No one has ever done those things to me."

. . Girlfriend, huh?

Can this dat just end already? Even if it's just started.

"Aww. Thanks, Hyuna.

It's been amazing. She said she's got a surprise for me next week. I can't wait so I asked her sister what it is."

I can't wait. Sure you do.

"She told me Gayoon's gonna take me to the amusement park. Not too far from our place, so yeah, my mom let me go with her."

"That's cool." Was the only thing she was able to type. And then, she fell asleep.

 

Week passed. Jiyoon was supposed to go on a date with Gayoon. It was late evening already and there was no message from her. Hyuna got worried. When the girls talked in school, Jiyoon acted so excited, she acted like the happiest person in the world.

She was truly happy. But Hyuna was the opposite. For, at least, a month.

But she tried to derive some happiness from all the short moments spent with Jiyoon.

At the beginning she really thought it was just a crush. But when Hyuna got to know Jiyoon closer and learned about the girl a lot of new things, she started to feel something else.

And it scared her.

 

"Jiyoon?"

"Oh, hi, Hyuna."

"Is everything alright?" She had to ask.

"Nothing is alright. I just don't want to live anymore. It feels like the whole world has betrayed me.

you know about Gayoon's surprise, right? The thing that I asked to his sister? You know what I mean.

I got all dressed up for the 'surprise' earlier, then when I reached our rendezvous'...

I saw my bestfriend Jenny, and Gayoon holding hands... with my very own eyes."

"What did you do?"

"Since I didn't want to cry in public, I ran back home."

"Have you talked to Jenny?"

"No way. I'd never talk to her again. I don't trust her anymore.

She... she... oh god, please."

Hyuna felt like her blood is boiling withing her body, she was angry as hell. Jiyoon didn't deserve that kind of treatment. Hyuna felt bad because she couldn't do anything. Words won't fix this magically.

"I'll be here for you, Jiyoon."

"I can't get over it. How come my bestfriend didn't tell me... I mean, how? How?!

Thanks, Hyuna. I just... I just have to let all my feelings out."

"Just let them all out, Jiyoon. You'll eventually move on."

Hyuna didn't think about leaving her phone now. She should had been studying but she couldn't focus on simple things. As childish as it sounds, her heart ached.

"Thanks a lot Hyuna... for lighting up my day."

"That's what friends are for, Jiyoon."

"Hyuna... I forgot to tell you..."

The girl felt nervous for some reason, and read the next message:

"Jenny is also my classmate... I think I'm not ready to go to school tomorrow. What should I do?"

Hyuna recalled who Jenny is. It was a tall, slim girl who dressed plainly, yet looked stunning. For a split second she wasn't surprised why Gayoon was interesed in her.

"I'll take care of it for you."

"How?"

"I'll make an excuse." this was the only thing that came to Hyuna's mind.

"Oh, okay. Just please make it believable, ok?

Oops, I forgot I have chores to do. Thanks again. Goodbye."

"See you later, Jiyoon."

And with that, conversation ended.