The Truth is

Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I walk straight to their table. Don’t care if it will make a scene there. I walk closer and see Sunghwa’s expression when notices my presence. He looks pale as if seeing ghost.

“Lee Sunghwa-ssi, Can we talk for a moment?” He stand up immediately after hear my words. His friends looking at our direction frightened while the girls ask here and there who I am.

“It’s not like what you’re thinking!” Sunghwa said as we go out from the club. I keep walking to where my car parked, looking for a quiet spot to talk. He grabs my hand and stop me.

“Listen to me! It’s not really like that!” Now he’s the one that yell at me.

“Not here Lee Sunghwa. Everybody’s watching. Let’s talk in car.” Not even a single tear drop from my eyes. He just sighs and follows me to my car. 

“You know I have thousands questions for you.” I said after he close the car’s door.

“I know.” He sounds calm now. Maybe he already gives up on me. 

 

 

“Who’s the guardian of this patient?” The doctor announces. I stand up and approach the doctor.

“You’re her guardian? Her family?” He looks at me from head to toe because I dress too fancy. Well who knows that I’ll end at hospital and not in the club?

 “Uhm… I’m not her family. I’m the one that found her. But I’m her high school friend” I try explain the truth to the doctor.

“Have you contact her family?” He asks me again doesn’t believe.

“I don’t know her family. She doesn’t have phone or wallet with her. But I already call the police.” He nodded and guides me to his room. He offers me to sit on the sofa.

“Since you’re the only person that knows her identity, I’ll explain her general condition to you. But when you could reach her family, please tell them to meet me okay?” I nod to him as a ‘yes’.

“Well this girl has bruises on her head, hands, and thigh. If I see from the bruise maybe she just got harassment attempt. But you just say that she doesn’t have her phone and wallet with her right? Maybe she got robbed too. I’ll explain this to the police as well.” 

“She’s not got right?” How can this happen? Who’s the hell is that bastard?!

“No, fortunately she’s not . There’s no harassment attempt around her intimate part. But we have to see until she’s conscious. I have to check again whether she has trauma or no. Most of the patient will have short of trauma after accident. And please wait until the police come. We need your witness. You can wait in her room.” I thank the doctor and heading to her room.

She’s still sleeping but her face so pale. I take steps closer and now I can see her face clearly. She’s really her. How can we meet again in such unfortunate situation like this? I caressed her cheek softly.

“Help…” She said in her sleep with frown on her brows. She must be really scared. If I come faster maybe… maybe she doesn’t have to experience this horrible thing.

I wait until the police come and give all the detail explanations to them. They said that they’ll check the CCTV of parking lot to look deeper on the situation. It’s already dawn and when I checked my phone there’re 5 missed calls and 26 unread messages. Some of my friends that already wait on the club ask whether I’ll come or no. Kiseok hyung also call me because I don’t reply his messages, tell me to be careful and don’t do stupid things before my album promotion. I take a seat on the chair beside her bed and reply the messages one by one until I fall asleep.

Someone shake my shoulder lightly to wake me up. I look up and see her confused face.

“Sunghwa?” She seems surprise to see me here. 

“Hi? How was your body? Is it still hurt?” 

“Why are you here?” She pulls her legs close to her chest try to protect herself.

“I… I found you lay unconscious near a club last night.” I say carefully. Afraid say wrong thing. 

“Ah, you are the one that help me? Uhm, thank you.” She still doesn’t have much energy to talk because her voice sounds so weak to me.

“Yes. It’s okay. The doctor said you don’t have any serious injury.” She only smiles hear my explanation. I offer her breakfast that already provides by hospital but she just shakes her head to say no. I insisted and try to feed her.

“I’m sorry.” Suddenly she apologizes to me. I don’t get why she say sorry to me. She doesn’t do anything wrong.

“I’m sorry to show up on the worst situation. I must be a burden. You can leave if you want. I can handle this by myself.”  She hangs her head low. I reach her hand.

“No, you don’t have to feel sorry to me. It’s me that should say sorry to you. Maybe if I come faster to parking lot, this… this won’t happen to you. Didn’t you remember? You always help me too back then when those friends try to bully me!” She chuckles seeing my expression when reminiscence those past memories.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter