Chapter Two

Star-Crossed

Ganddum ,Crystal Towers 

 

 

 

 

Jaebeom threw himself on his mother couch shortly after entering the family apartment home. Siwon had been on the phone the entire car ride. Talking with this person and that, trying to find out anything they could on the Mysterious Kim daughter that had returned to Korea. From what he could make out, because he was only half asleep in the car, the adopted daughter had lived in Korea pretty much her whole life. As influential as the KIS Entertainment group was, the name being the initials of Mr Kim’s wife; Kim In-Sook, not to mention.  Kim In-Sook, own polarizing star status as one of Korea’s beloved singer and adored actress. 

 

It was funny to Jay, that their girls were never really seen in public with either of their parents. That is until Kim Jung-ah or June as she went by. Came on the scene as a rising young KPOP talent. Her bubbly personality and angelic voice was so popular, every entertainment group wanted her to work with some of their artist. Including YG, who were know to keep collaborations strictly in house.

 

So what was the big secret? Not that Jay cared on way or the other. If it didn’t effect AMG records then he didn’t really bother worrying about it. Taking a piece of candy from the crystal dish on his mother table. He popped the sweet treat in his mother, resting his feet on the edge of the table. His brother glared at him from where he stood, but said nothing as he was still on the phone. Rolling his eyes, Jaebeom, towards his sunglass and lend his head back on the couch. He had stayed out later then he had wanted to and had crashed at the office when the boys had finished they night out. 

 

 

 

 It didn’t take long before his sister was hitting him again. his teeth, Jay glared at her from behind his glasses as she pushed his legs to the side so that she could take the seat next to him. Looking at him she snatched the sunglass off of his face. She was greeted by the dark circles and bags under his eyes. She tisked at him shacking her head a looked that could almost mirror a look of disapproval his mother often gave him.

 

“ What time did you end up going home?” she asked tossing his glasses on the coffee table. 

 

Jaebeom, his teeth again and deeper into the couch cushion.  “ Who said I went home.” he muttered.

 

“ That’s something to brag about?” his sister frowned

 

“ I’m not bragging, you asked I answered.” He said, throwing his arm over his face.

 

 

Jung- Rum scoffed and looked towards their older brother that had taken a seat in the chair centered on between the two couches that faced the room.  “ Do you hear you little brother?”

 

Siwon, still on his phone mutter something about “ Why are you surprised.”

 

Jung-Rum  grabbed the nearest thing to her- which happen to be a throw pilllow- chucking it towards her Oppa head. She didn’t know how, but he tucked gracefully out of the way. Eyes still on his phone. The pillow slide across the tile , coming to a stop right at her mother feet. Ye Jin tilted her head to the side as, her maid came to pick the pillow up off the floor. 

 

She glared at her daughter, as she came and took a seat on the opposite couch. “ Why, are we throwing things as if you have no home training.”

 

“ Sorry, Eommnia  it’s just Siwon was being rude. He hasn’t been off that phone since he walked in the house. And this one…” she said pushing Jay’s arm away from his face. His mouth hung open as soft snores escaped. “ Seems to be parting his life away.”

 

Ye Jin, looked towards her youngest child. Jaebeom was willful, there had been little persuading him to stay with the company. He had it in his head that he was a R&B Hip-Hop star. Ye Jin had never found a taste for the music. However, Jaebeom father indulged in his fantasy giving him just enough seed money to put out a couple of albums. Ye Jin thought that her youngest would grow tried of this idea once he realized that he would have to do it all on his on.

 

However, to her and his older brother surprise, Jaebeom had made quite a name for himself and his recorded label. What started of as a one artist company, now had at least ten. With five more in the works, Jaebeom, though he went by Jay Park and his “artist” in AMG Records traveled all over Asia, Europe as well as to the States, and Canada preforming. His, fans gave him the nickname of Romeo , apparently because of the girls her surrounds himself with. Not that he let those pictures get out.

 

His father would just laughed and told her she worried to much. Still, how could she not worry when she saw her son like this. He was living the american life style and it didn’t bother his father one bit. It wouldn’t bother her either, if they lived in America still. However, they didn’t. When the family decided to move back to Korea after the kids were born , Ye Jin knew what it would mean. Her husband would have to work late nights at the MAMA entertainment. A company passed down to him by his father. 

 

In his mind, he wanted the company to be passed downs to Jay. Out of all their children he had the musical gift to really push the company forwards. For a time it seemed as if Jaebeom was willing to take on that responsibility. Then their father died, and each of her children were change right along with her.

 

Jay wanted nothing to do with the company, Which caused him and Siwon to heads. Siwon had not wanted to take the company either. He was happy with working the financial side of things. When Jaebeom said give it all to Siwon he was hurt and lashed out at his younger brother. Promoting quite Jung Rum to come out of her shell and play piece keeper. The family was fractured and to Ye Jin’s dismay she was trying her best to keep the company going, with Siwon help. 

 

Looking  away from them she turned her attention towards Siwon, “ Well, have they posted any pictures of her?”

 

Siwon shook his head, as he combed through the gossip and news sites. “ Nothing, the Kim’s kept their daughters out of the spotlight while they grew up. Not even a school picture can be found.” He said with frown.

 

“ What do we know about the eldest child?” his mother asked as she leaned on her chin.

 

Siwon shrugged, “ She was adopted from the States. Brought her as toddler and then five years later they had their biological daughter.”

 

“Does it make sense that they would hand over a company to a foreigner.” Ye Jin scoffed as she took the tea the maid had just brought into for the group.

 

“ She is their daughter, they adopted her and gave her their name. “ Jung Rum said waving off the tea.

 

Ye Jin shrugged her shoulders, adopted or not. It felt wrong to her. “ Anything else?”

 

Siwon, had texted everyone he knew. An intern who is a fan of June, said the both girls had private tutors once they got into middle school. Which is why her english is so good. Most of his friends had now idea about the eldest child.  Himin-hyung even joked that maybe they sent her away because she was just to ugly to look at. Another said that she was probably some tall blonde blue eyed beauty that they kept hidden for their own selfishness. So far, what Siwon knew for sure was that he didn’t know anything at all.

 

“ She’s not blonde” Jaebeom groaned

 

Three pair of eyes fell on him, as he stretched. With all their yapping about who this mystery Kim daughter is. He started thinking about seeing June at the airport, it was clear that she was waiting for someone. He also distinctly heard her cry out Unnie, when she ran to greet the  girl with luminous brown skin and chestnut curls. Sara, did the same and they were all speaking in Korean.

 

Peeking through on eye, he looked around the room. Seating up he grabbed his tea cup that was in front of him and downed it in one go. He stood then and gave his sister a kiss on the cheek. Looking at his brother and mother he smiled “ She has dark curly hair.”

 

 

“How do you know that?” His brother interest was pecked. Mission accomplished.

 

With that, he waved and made his way out of the house. He cover his mouth with the back of his hand  to keep from laughing as he heard his mother and brother yelling for him to come back and tell them what he knew. Whoever she was he was thankful for her timely arrival. It looked as if she would be providing some much needed entertainment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Naegok-dong, Gyeongbu Expressway

 

As they made their way to the family villa. Julie watched as the scenery changed around her. She was vaguely aware of her Eomma and June arguing about her schedule. Mother insisted that she be in charge of her schedule while, June begged for Julie to be the one to be in charge. This caused her mother to yell and slap her sister leg…

 

“ Julie is a college graduate. She will be in charge of the whole A&R department she doesn’t have time to just babysit you. Stop being so foolish.”

 

June began to pout as he mother, kept yelling at her to shut-up. Julie was sure that their constant bickering was going to get on her nerves at some point but in the moment it was the best thing to listen at the moment.  As much as she wanted to get out of Korea and spend her college years in the States. The one thing she had missed was her family and friends. Well maybe not the one thing.

 

Julie had missed a lot of things she realized, missed the parks they would go to for picnics, missed watching the lanterns on the Cheonggyecheon Stream. Eating fish cakes after a long day of studying. The longer she was away the more she started to miss everything that she had left behind. When she had told people that she was Korean, they couldn’t believe it. She didn’t look it, and her english was so good. She had never bothered to tell them the whole story, with the exception being Danny and Tanisha. 

 

To Julie, she was Korean. It was the only place she had ever known or called home. Her mother and father never really talked to her about her biological mother and it never really bother Julie. She was two years old, and didn’t remember anything about her life prior to Appa and Eomma. In her eyes, they were her biological parents and they had made it clear to her more than once… thought out her life. That they loved her as they biological daughter. For Julie, that was all that would ever matter. 

 

“ Why didn’t Appa come with you?”  Julie said looking towards her mother, who was busy at work on her iPad.

 

“Hmm, “ she said only half listening “ Oh, yes. He had a last minute meeting, he’ll  be home once we get there. Once you get changed and set up in your room, you can visit with him a bit before dinner. “

 

Julie raised a brow, “ Is something wrong?”

 

She had never know he father to put the business over family, it was the thing they impressed with the artist. That family was important to them as it should be to them all. Julie could only imagine something urgent happening to keep him away from being one of the first people to see her. 

 

He mother shook her head, “ You worry to much, everything is fine. I’m sure he’ll talk business arrangements with you when you're settled”

 

“ She just got home, can’t all of that wait till-“

 

“Hush, I’m talking to your sister.”

 

June frowned crossing her arms and falling back into her seat. Shacking he head, In Sook , turned her attention back towards her eldest. “ It won’t take long then you and Sara and you sister can spend sometime together. Miss Ahn should have dinner done in a couple of hours.”

 

Julie nodded and took her mother arm in hers. Resting her head on her should Julie looked up with the best puppy dog look she could muster. From the corner of her eye In Sook looked at her, a  knowing looking that Julie  was going to ask for something.

 

“Wae?”

 

“ Eomma, can we go a get some Patbingsu? she asked cutely

 

“ Oh yeah, that sounds good.” June chimed in as she moved to take her mother other arm. In Sook looked between both of her daughters.  She tried to pull them off of her but both of them clung  to her too tightly. In sook couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous these two were being.

 

“ Are you too children or grown women? Isn’t it too cold for Patbingsu?”

 

“Aniii!” the girls both shook their head quickly.

 

“You're both much to old to be acting like this.” She said firmly but still had a smile on her face.

 

“ Please Eomma, It’s been so long since I’ve had real Patbingsu. The stuff in the states just don’t taste right.” Julie pleaded.

 

“ And I’m about to start my diet soon, This maybe the last time I can have any in a long time.” June said in a high pitch whine.

 

“ Omo, you too are too much. Fine, we will go after dinner. Though I’m sure your father won’t want to go.” In sook laughed as her girls cheered and hugged her from both side. 

 

“ I’ll persuade Appa to come with us. I’m sure he will.” Julie said

 

In Sook, kissed June on the head and then kissed Julie. Happy to have her whole family back under one roof. The rest of the car ride was filled with laughter as the car pulled into the Kim villa. Julie jumped out of the car and stared up at their home, she had the best memories in this house. Her eyes on the house  she felt he mother’s slender arm wrapped around her waist as she  pulled her close.

 

“ Welcome home my little girl.”

 

“Eomma,” she chuckled as he mom kissed her cheek and usher bother girl towards the front entrance. As they approached the door open and they were greeted by  the house staff. Julie was greeted by happy faces welcoming her home. Many of whom she didn’t recognize, her eyes looked around till they stopped on two heads of staff at the foot of the stairs.

 

“ Butler Choi, Miss Ahn.” she cried and she gave the couple a huge. Butler Choi chuckled as Miss Ahn placed a bunch of kisses on her cheeks. 

 

“ Omo,” Miss Ahn said as she pulled away a grip still on Julie hands. “ You are so skinny, oh this just wont do.”

 

Julie joined in on the laughter as her mother and sister came to stands next to her.

 

“ Ajumma, Don’t be like that. Do you know I have to work to keep this figure?”

 

Miss Ahn just waved her hand dismissively. “ Nonsense, you could eat a whole Korean cow and still be a stick. Tonight I will prepare your favorite food. Okay?”

 

Julie smiled and hugged the woman again “ Ne, Ajumma.”

 

Butler Choi cleared his throat to get the attention of the group.  He looked towards, In Sook then and smiled. “ Master Kim is in his office he would like to speak with you.” 

 

Nodding in her agreement, In Sook place another fast kiss on Julie’s cheek before heading towards  her husbands office. When she was gone, Butler Choi looked towards Julie. “ I’m sure your very tried young mistress. Why not go up and rest before dinner.”

 

Julie nodded, taking June’s hand they ran up the steps to her room. It hit her then that the house had been redecorated. There was lots of white and natural tones in the sitting room. While most of the door had been panted white. Two dark wooden door still stood as the entrance of her father office.  A crystal chandler hung over the stairs that the two girls climbed now. 

 

Picture, decorated the wall of the upstair hall of the family. A trophy case, held June’s awards that she had gotten for all the records she broke during her debut. In the case was a photo of her standing on stage of Melon. Tears in her eyes, confetti falling down all around as she clung the glass award in her arms. Julie smiled sadly and kept walking. There were so many picture of them a little girls. A family portrait that they took last year. And below it, the very first one they took when they moved into their new home. A five year old Julie started back at her as her mother held on to a newborn June and father had Julie in his arms. Where did all the time go?

 

When Julie finally caught up to June she walked into her room. While the bed was much bigger, and the light pink walls were white with lavender accents now. Little else had changed. Her wall over books with a reading nook was on the platform to the right.  Her desks still sat at the window that over looked the vast backyard. It had been the reason that Appa really wanted the house, he wanted for them a place to run and grow. We did a lot of both in this house. 

 

Flinging herself on to her bed, Julie let out a loud satisfied sigh. Though she missed her friends, Tanisha and  Danny. She was so glad to be home, with her family. June, bounced down next to her, taking her sister’s hand in her’s, she scooted closer. Cuddling in the nook of her arm; Julie ran a soft hand through her little sister’s hair. Closing her eyes as well, she smiled and let sleep come to them both.

 

 


AN:  For those of you  waiting for Jay and Julie to meet... It's going to happen lol. The next two chapters or so will have them getting more glimps of each other before the big reveal. Which is  going to be very big for both Jay and Siwon, so hang in ther the drama is coming I promise.

By the way aren't Julie and June so cute? lol. The scene in the car with their mom had me smiling. And did you the notice the diffrence between both families? It's only going to get more obvious as time goes on. It might even play a factor in Jay and his brother being drawn to the Kim's but more importantly Julie . 

 

Alright guys, I hope you liked the update. More soon promise.

 

T