Chapter One

Star-Crossed

Part One: Coming Home

 

 

 

 

"I can’t believe that you are leaving me.” Tanisha cried as she sat on her bed. 

 

Julie just chuckles as she place the last of her items in her suitcase. She was finally done with college. Though she would not be walking down to collet her diploma with the rest of her friends. She couldn’t help but be proud of her accomplishments. She, Julie Kim had graduated from College as Magna Laude. A huge accomplishment in a life full of them with, hopefully, more to come. As she would be saying goodbye to the US and returning to her family’s home in Seoul South Korea.

 

“ It’s not like you didn't know that this day was come. I mean we’ve been prepped for this day since freshman year of college.” Julie said as she place her packed suitcase at the foot of her bet. Slapped Tanisha on the bum, she signaled her to move over. When she did, she fell down next to her buddy on the bed.

 

“I know I just thought, I would have a few more days with you before you up and left me.” She pouted.

 

Julie turned her head and smiled “ You can always come and visit me in Korea. I’ll be so busy with scouting new talent for our A&R devision but you know. I’ll take you to meet all the very good looking Oppas.”

 

Tanisha rolled her eyes “ If I come to Korea it better be as you assistant hoe. I’ll leave the little boys for you.” 

 

Julie scoffed and nugged her friends. Truth was Julie had gotten Tanisha hooked on Kpop with little to no effort. Tanisha was Kpop and more recently Khip-hop trash and she knew it  

 

“ I’ll talk to my dad about it but… you sure that’s what you want to do, be my assistant?”

 

Tanisha shrugged “ As long as there is a chance for me to grow in the company.”

 

“You’ll have to learn Korean for that to happen.”

 

Tanisha rolled her eyes “ Girl please, the moment I’m have surrounded myself in the Korean lifestyle all those class I took will finally click…maybe” she chuckled.

 

It was then that Julie’s phone started to buzz .They’re laughter died down and she knew it was time to go. Sending a quick text. She sat up with Tanisha following after her. Quietly the two girls grabbed her pages and made there way down to New Haven entrance; a black BMW  was parked aright out front of her former dorm A tall make with, toffee skin stood leaning against the care arms crossed over his chest. His muscles flexed against the black tee . Julie smile as Tanisha walked towards the open trunk. Julie let go of her suit case; wrapped her arms around Danny’s neck they kissed for the last time. She could feel the warm tears running down her cheek. As they pulled away, Danny took the pad of his thumb and wiped away the tears.  Resting his forehead on her’s they breathed deeply just holding each other for a few more minutes.

 

“ You could always stay.” he said

 

Julie chuckled lightly as she pulled away to look into he grey blue eyes. God she was going to miss those eyes.  “ My mother would kill me.”

 

“ I can talk to Eomeoni and Abeoji . This doesn’t have to be it for us, I can come visit.”

 

“When?”

 

Danny looked down to the ground now defeated. She hadn’t wanted this to end, she had been with him for four years. She was 23 now and she couldn't imagine a life without him. Julie, with her about to take on major responsibilities for her parents company;  Danny stepping in for his father firm on the West coast. It just didn't seem to make sense to try and make a long distant relationship work. Neither would have time for the other, and for long distant relationship to work you have to talk often, Visit frequently and that just wasn’t something either of them would be able to do. It wouldn’t be fair to Danny and she didn’t want to ask him to wait for her. In her mind this was the best way to handle things. 

 

She placed a soft hand on his cheek and smiled “ If we are meant to be then it will happen for us. Just know that you will alway have a place in my heart just for you.”

 

Danny smiled sadly as he swept in for another kiss. It deepened as he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling Julie flush against his body. It wasn't until Tanisha started to cough that the two finally separated. Glaring at her, Tanisha was met with anger grey blue and doe brown eyes.

 

She pointed at her wrist, absent  of any watch “ You two keep makin' like this and you're going to miss you flight. Let's go!”  Danny frowned but relented, placing one more fast kiss on Julie lips. He grabbed the back at her feet to put in the trunk. Julie for her part, turned and took her last look at her home for the last four years.  

 

“Annyeong”

 

 

 

***

 

Julie found her first class seat rather quickly. The attendant took her carry on and placed it in the over head wing. Julie thanked her and got settled in her seat.

 

“ Would you like to drink?” the attendant asked in english, with a thick accent sounded as if it was from the southern in the Gyeongnam area. So she asked as much in Korean.  The relief and shock on her face alway amused Julie.

 

“ Yes, you are from that area?” the attendant asked brightly

 

Julie nodded, “ Ne, when my parents brought me from the states they raised me there. Before we moved to Seoul. I lived there for ten years.”

 

She didn’t think the flight attendees eyes could get any bigger, but they did when Julie showed flight attendant a picture of her parents,younger sister and herself.

 

“Wow your family is so pretty. You and your sister are very beautiful”

 

Julie nodded and looked longingly at the picture. “ I 'm very excited to see them again. It's  been 4 years . I’ve missed them so much.”

 

The attendant smiled sweetly and place a hand on Julie shoulders “  Welcome home Kim Julie-ssi.” She did a full bow before continuing on with her work. Julie watch her go with a smile and turned to watch as they began to lift off. She couldn’t help the smile that was on her face as they left the tarmac behind and was greeted with white clouds and blue sky.

 

 

 I'm going home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Club Palace, Seoul

 

Jay sat at his vip table  at Club Palace with his artist, it was a typically Saturday night for him.  They had been working on his new album and finally just wrapped it about an hour ago. As the CEO of AMG records he thought it was only fitting to celebrate and had a fun night out with everyone that helped with the album. He watched as Cha-Cha,Simon and Gray took a couple of shots with the models that had join them at their table. 

 

“ Hyung, take it   easy.”  Jay called out to Simon who just turned and grinned at him as he took another shot. 

 

Jay shook his head but laughed. Leaning his head back on the booth that he was in he let the hip-hop beat take over as he bobbed his head to the beat. Damn he was tried, tried then normal. He had spent all his time in the studio to avoid the call the his Young and Oma were send to him regularly.  It wasn’t that he didn’t care to talk or see them. He loved them, but those two had the ability to nag at him over ever little things. It was only his Noona Jung-Rum he could stand those days.

 

Noona was a firm believer in along one to choice their own path. When he had told her that he wanted to start his own company for Rapper and Hip-Hop artist, She was the only member of his family to really say that they believed in him. She was the only that helped with the business stuff they he'd hadn’t quite grasped. She came with him when he went scouting for new artist to bring under his label. Negotiated contracts and fees for artist and staff. Noona, had been his biggest supporter. Even when she left him to go back to MAMA Entertainment ( at his mother request) he couldn't be made. Noona had given him the tools he need. The confidence that he could no do it on his own.

 

“Aish!” he cried as he felt a hard slap hit this head Jay looked around only to be greeted by the sight of his older sister as his friends and co workers all cried out “Noona !!!!”  

 

Park Jung-Rum, was the flower of his family. Short hair, long, it did’t matter she was beautiful. A wealthy, beautiful , fun spirited woman was a rare find. What was rarer, a man that could handle his dear Noona. As far as Jay was concerned no one ever could or would. He watched as she  waved enthusiastically at everyone, place a few kisses and this person and that person cheek before she took a seat next to her him.

 

 

 

 “ You're late and somehow I’m the one that gets a beating.”

 

“That was from Eomma, “ she shouted out over the music “ She wanted you to come to dinner tonight, she had something important to talk about.” she smiled as she took the shot from his hand and downed it. Slammed the shot glass on the table, as Jay glared at her only for  her to stick her tough out at him.

 

“ What is so important that she just can’t tell me over the phone.”

 

“Funny thing about phones, you have to actually answer them in order to get important information.” she said teasingly  “ Plus it’s something about the company, she would rather not have business talk done over the phone.”

 

“ Not my company.” Jay said as he tool another shot.

 

Jung-Rum frowned had him and flicked him on the forehead “ Don’t sass me Park Jae-Beom.  Eomma and Appa may have brought you into this world but I’ll be the one that can take you out of it. Just be at the house tomorrow for dinner. Don’t make me hunt you down.” She pointed a finger at him before flicking his nose again.

 

Jay stuck out his tough at his Noona’s back as she waved goodbye and made her way out of their Vip section. Loco came to set next to him and beer bottle in hand and a girl in the other “ What was that all about.”

 

Jay sighed his eyes still locked on the steps his Noona disappeared down.

 

“About me going home.”

 

 

 

Incheon International Airport: Arrival terminal

 

June stood on her tip toes as she saw the her Eonni's flight had finally started to arrive. She stood , there with huge sunglasses on her face and a face mask with hello kitties on them. Her mother had insisted that she stay behind. Not only because she was still working on her mini-album but also to start reading through the new drama that she would be doing in a few months time.

 

All of that could wait as far as June was concerned. She hadn’t been able to see her Eonni for 3 years, 10 months the last time was chrisms last year. With her career taking off rather quickly and Eonni so busy with school they two of them hadn’t had any time together. Other than the sporadic phone call.  Eonni hadn’t even been there to see her debut stage. Appa had told her that she was working hard because she would take over the business of KIS Entertainment. Still, she had wanted to share that moment with her big sister. 

 

Even with the five year age difference, Julie and June had been the best of friends. When they were little she had followed her big sister everywhere. In a country full of people that looked like her. June had fallen in love with her sister’s darker completion. She had even gone so far as to try and be dark like Eonni by rubbing mud on her arms and face and legs. Appa thought it was the cuties thing while Eomma insisted that I never do that again.  Even thought they were different, their parents loved them both equally. 

 

June that her sister was strong and brave, even when she got picked on at school and the Korean kids called her ugly. She never cried in front of their parents. She just took it, June had remember asking her why she didn’t hit them or tell on them. and Julie told her that then she would have proving them right. Rather she said she would make them see just how amazing she was. And she did, school was a breeze for her. Coming First in her class in primary and secondary schooling. She showed off her rich beautiful voice, excellent dance skills and her ability to play the cello and flute.

 

Once she started high school, she had many friends both male and female, Popular and pretty she made it cool to have tan or dark skin. She and her best friend Sara ruled the school, all the girls wanted to be their friends and all the boys wanted to date them. June promised that she would be just as cool and as good as her sister. 

 

To an extent… she had succeeded. Though school was not as easy for her as it was for her Eonni. June had an ethereal and agile voice, that got the notice of many talent agencies. In the end however, she stayed with her family’s KIS Entertainment. She along with a few other were the top selling artist they had on roster. This year alone they beat out JYP taking the 3 stop on the Entertainment agencies list.  Many said it was June who really pushed the company in to the modern limelight. 

 

With the popularity that she always wanted came the fans, some of them were great and she loved their praise and admiration. However, now more then before she wished she had just been a regular kid rather then a trainee all those years.  Maybe then she could wait for her sister in peace inserted of being asked for an autography ever second.

 

 

June was just about to call her mother to see if maybe she had gotten the time wrong when she saw her. With a Squeal, June jumped up and down shouting “ Unnie,Unnie!!!”  June watched and water for her sister to look at her.

 

When she did he face lite up. Quickly the two girls ran towards each other. Throwing her sign down she barreled into her sister jumping up and down as they both squealed and held fast to each others hands. As they did this, June hate fell off, masked slipped down and sunglasses crashed to the ground. June didn’t care, her sister was home and that was all that mattered to her.

 

“ Junnie, look at you. Oh my god you look amazing.” Julie gushed as she twirled her sister around to get a better look.

 

June blushed a deep crimson and shook her head “ Unnie stop, you. You look fabulous, I love those shoes, and those pants. Oh my god that bad!!!” 

 

Julie laughed loudly as she took her sister into her arms.

 

“ Hmm, What am I chopped liver.”

 

The Kim sister turned to see a dark hair beauty waving behind them. Her cropped shirts showed off the a bit of the tattoo that she had going up the middle of her stomach. Shrouded in a light blue coat she open her arms. 

 

“ Sara!”  Julie cried as she ran into her best friends arms. Julie came to stand next to them both smiling. 

 

“ Look at the supermodel “ Julie said holding onto her hand she stepped back for a look.

 

Sara took in all the praise and loved every minute of it. Julie rolled her eyes and took hold of her sister left hand. “ Pali  Noona, Eomma is waiting for us.”  Picking up their items the three girls place the their sunglass on and made a big show as they walked to pick up the rest of Julie luggage and head home.

 

 

 

Incheon International Airport : Arrival Terminal

 

 

Jay watched the interaction between three loud shirking woman. He groaned, it was to early in the morning for all this noise. And by morning he meant ever one else afternoon. Taking a sip of his coffee he eyes stayed on the interaction.

 

He had recognized two of the girls. The dark haired and tan one was Sara a model. Her Korean name was Kim Hyo-jung. She was doing it big in the model game. He had invited her to a couple of his AMG parties but she was always busy or out of town. According to her manager, the other one with he over sized glassed and flower in her hair was June, she was the hottest Kpop start to come out of the KIS entertainment company, according to his brother that was keeping tabs on their rise in the ranks. Finally his eyes land on the girl that they had both greeted. Jay stood and took of his glasses, he couldn’t see her face her back was to him but her auburn curly hair and her slim but curvy body was definitely grabbing his attention. You didn’t see many black girls come to Korea and when you did many people took notice. 

 

Watching the interaction it seemed as they all knew each other somehow, Jay kept his eyes on them till they started to head towards the exit after they grabbed the rest of her bags. Were they talking in Korean?

 

“ What are you looking at?” a voice came from behind.

 

Jay turned to find his brother staring down at him, behind his sunglasses. Shrugging his shoulder, he place his own back over his eyes and smiled towards his big brother.

 

“Women, what else?”

 

Siwon made a show of lowering his glassed just so that Jay could see him roll his eyes before placing them back in there regular position. “ Why didn't Eomeoni come?” he said as he began to walk. Jay kept pace following in step with his brother.

 

“ She and Noona had a meeting with the A&R department.”

 

He signed and pulled out his phone, and started to look through it “ I told them to wait for me.”

 

Jay shrugged completely uninterested int the conversation. MAMA Entertainment wasn’t his problem. He had tried to tell them they they need to branch out a bit but neither his brother or mother wanted to hear that. Since they then, they had fallen in rank and now was in the top ten rather than five. MAMA was sixth place but it was still a problem.

 

Jay hadn’t even noticed that his brother had stopped until her was almost at the exit. He turned to see his brother was staring intently at his phone. 

 

“ Hyung!” when his brother continued to ignore him he walked back to his side. 

 

Picking over at his phone he saw the story headline “ Heiress of entertainment company KIS returned to Korea”. Jay frowned, when did June leave the country? He watch as his brother dialed a number and waited.

 

“Eomma, Ne. Jay and I are walking towards the car now. Have you heard the news about the Kim’s?” a pause “ Ne, apparently they eldest is back. Ani, they didn’t post a picture. No doubt the Kim’s did this so they can unveil her during their ball. Ne, we will be there soon.”

 

With that Siwon hung up his phone and grabbed his bag from Jay. “ Eomma wants us to come to the company now. She doesn’t want to wait till tonight at dinner, she wants a meeting now”

 

Jay sighed, he was about to argue that he had his own business to take care of but his brother’s stern looked warned him not to fight him one this.

 

“Ne Hyung.” he said as he got into the black sedan. Jay wondered just who was the heiress that Kim’s planned on showing?