Chapter 7

Destiny's Way

Chapter 7

Confession 1

Months passed and everyone had gotten closer. But there was the unknown feeling. The unknown feeling Calvin had for Gui and the unknown feeling Hebe had for Aaron. It was all tangled up…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a brand new day and Aaron and Calvin were in class, chilling and waiting for the teacher to arrive.

“Hey Aaron, there’s something i have to say…I don’t know who to tell…but I think I should tell you cause you’re like my best friend,” said Calvin rather nervously for the first time. He was the 100% sunshine man, but he seemed to be stumbling on his words.

“Yeah bro? What is it? Spill the beans…” said Aaron, cheerfully.

“Well…don’t tell anyone,” stated Calvin, seriously, again for the first time in his life.

“Chill, bro? I won’t tell anyone. What is it?” asked Aaron, now interested and extremely curious.

“Well…I think I’m really in love with this girl,” said Calvin, expressionless.

“And who? Hebe? I saw her reject ‘sincerely’ a couple of gangsters…I swear half the guys have confessed…you should too…I’ll help you,” said Aaron, grinning mischievously.

“Well…it’s actually not Hebe…she’s only my friend,” replied Calvin, sweating now. That was definitely a first. He only sweated when he played basketball. Aaron was really confused now.

“THEN WHO?” shouted Aaron, impatiently, which caused a great amount of attention.

“Gui,” stated Calvin, clearly.

When Aaron heard that one word, it felt like a knife had stabbed his heart. But why did he feel like that.

“Uh cool, so are you gonna confess?” asked Aaron, feeling uncomfortable.

Pause.

“Yeah, I will, after school, I’m gonna take her to that new bread shop after. Apparently it’s awesome and cheap. And she loves bread. YEAH. THAT’S IT HONEY. Thanks Aaron for the advice! If I were a girl, I would marry you! I don’t blame those chicks for chasing you around all the time! See ya! I gotta go! I’ll call you for the good news!” shouted Calvin, suddenly happy again and he had already run off, leaving Aaron, again in a confused position. Why did his heart feel painful for just a millisecond…?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aiyoo, c’mon Gui, this place is awesome! And its cheap! You will like it for sure!” said Calvin brightly and casually as he pulled Gui along the street.

“OK…fine…” grumbled Gui, who was tired that day.

Within minutes, Calvin pushed open the door and indeed there was thousands of flavours of bread and bread rolls and so on. Gui’s eyes enlarged and she started running around the place happily and picking out the breads she wanted. After a long time of choosing, Gui purchased 6 different flavoured bread with different ingredients and which Calvin and Gui had argued over who to pay Gui’s bread…which finally ended with Calvin paying, they settled the matter and sat down in a peaceful corner of the bread shop. They talked casually and happily until Calvin cleared his throat.

“Eh Gui, the main reason why I invited you here is that I have something to say and its kinda important for me…and I really want to say it…” stated Calvin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genie was sweeping the floor of the inside of her father’s bread shop which had only opened for a week and was increasingly popular. Although she was nearly 20, she still often helped out at her father’s store. She also noticed that her mates, Gui and Calvin were there. Little did they know she was there. They looked as if they were in an awkward position. Genie edged a bit closer and decided to overhear their conversation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gui was thinking the wrong way right? Hebe had predicted that Calvin had a thing for her. As Hebe was into fortune telling, But seriously? That’s just ridiculous, Gui had thought at the time. But judging Calvin’s expressions and eye contact and all that, he looked like he was in those dramas, about to confess to the love of his life. She wiped those stupid thoughts out of her head and smiled.

“Yeah, so what is it? It can’t be too bad,” said Gui, playing around with her fingers now.

“Ok don’t get angry, don’t hate me, can you promise me that we can still be friends after I say this?” asked Calvin, quickly.

Oh gosh. The cliché lyrics and dialogue in dramas. Kill me now, thought Gui. This was the first time she supposed someone had confessed, though she wasn’t sure if it wasn’t a confession. She prayed to the gods of heaven, the sea, the trillions of gods that it wasn’t a confession.

“Well depends really. If you said you were gonna kill my parents, then no I wont be your friend anymore…depends,” joked Gui, lamely.

“Uh, no,” replied Calvin.

“Then what?” asked Gui.

“OK. I’m gonna say it. I love you. I really do. Not like. LOVE. I know what love means. It’s like when someone wants to stay by someone else forever, and protect them. It’s when everyday your thinking and worrying about the same person continuously. When you want to see that person so bad and spend the rest of your life with them. I want to stay by you and guard you from harm. I always think about you and pray that you are fine. Every day the thing I look most forward to is seeing you smile. I want to be with you forever. I really love you. I mean it,” stated Calvin, carefully.

Pause. Awkward Silence.

“I know you probably don’t like me. But please give me a chance? I will protect you and cherish you. I won’t let you suffer or have a single teardrop…please accept me,” said Calvin, pleadingly.

Gui sat in her seat and the bread dropped on her knees. She gaped at him for 5 whole minutes then finally spoke.

“Well you see…I’m not ready for relationships and stuff. And plus there’s this guy I’ve liked for a long time. I can’t be with you. I’ll end up hurting you. And I don’t want to do that. I’m not worthy enough to be loved. Please stop loving me. But I hope we can still be friends. This way is much better for me and for you. And uh I gotta go,bye,” said Gui, hurriedly and she ran out the door. And for the first time in her life…she wasted food, 4 pieces of fresh, flavoury and a wide mixture of ingredients bread.