[1] A Day after a Nightmare

Dreamcatcher

Last night, she dreamt of being stuck in a forest, and saw a wild wolf... It was miserable.

sighs...

She takes in deep breaths walking her way to school. She did not get enough sleep last night. Actually, she did not sleep at all.

*beep beep*

A motorcycle horns and in her shock, she yelled and fell on the floor.

"Wake up, kid! Watch where you're going!" then off the motorcycle rider went.

"You don't know what I'm going through... No one knows but me and those stupid creatures in my head." she said, talking to herself. She never told anyone about it, not even her adoptive mother.

She let out another sigh and continued walking.

She reached her school, went to the lockers, took her things in and out of hers. She shut her eyes and shook her head, trying to pull herself together.

"WAAAH!"

Her books fell on the floor and put both her hands on her face.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry Lulu. I didn't mean to surprise you this much," it's her seatmate, Estelle. "I just want to cheer you up because you look so down. You didn't get to review for the exams, did you?"

Chatterbox started to function on such an early morning, she said to herself.

"Oh, yeah." She half-lied. She forgot that they had their exams today because all she thought about was her moment of the month. And, she's totally right, she did not review at all.

"What a pity." she said and showed a sad face emoji with matching hand gestures of a cat crying. Luna made a what-face. "I'm just trying to be cute!" then she whispered, "I'll let you copy my answers later." then she winked.

Estelle pushed Luna to their classroom and settled down.

---

The exam wasn't bad, she thought. For a student who did not review, and had undergone such a terrible night, it was totally fine.

Luna and Estelle headed to the cafeteria to eat lunch. While on your way, students were crowding on one side of the hallway. They were reading the names of the participants for the interschools annual gathering activity. It is a one-day, one-night activity with other participating schools where chosen students are sent to get-to-know and share their school's culture with others through acitivites and discussions. It's also a good experience to get to know other people.

"Hey, hey, Luna! Let's check the names! I want to be there. I wish my name's there!" and Luna looked disinterested. "Fine, stay here and I'll look at it myself." She squished herself in the crowd and in three seconds, she yelled.

"Luna!"

"Yeah. congratulations Estelle. Now, let's eat." she yelled back.

"Congratulations to you! Your name is here! Oh my gosh, I'm so envious." she yelled again. She came out of the sea of people and showed you a picture of the poster on her phone. You have just confirmed that your name is really there.

"I'm so happy for you!" she exclaimed.

"Wait, where? when? why?" she asked, still unable to absorb the news.

"Location, TBA. Day, uhm... exactly a month from today. Why? Because you're exceptional, duh?" she expained.

"Exactly a month from today? Same day?" she asked, worried. No, please, no.

"Yeah! Let's go and celebrate..." "Hey, you okay?" "Luna?"

Huh? No way.

---

She tried appealing to their class adviser about the decision of the board in choosing the participants, and she wanted to give her slot to Estelle instead, but, they insisted that she should go and not waste the opportunity.

"Only students with exemplary skills and talents are chosen, and you're one of them."

Luna can somehow read people's minds. Another weird things she have had after the accident. It felt like she knows what people are planning to do and are thinking of, in a way. So, she's good at handling people. In short, she's a great leader.

She even approached their principal and she just used reverse psychology on her so it's no use.

Her mom was terribly happy about it. She even hugged her tight and kissed her on the forehead.

"You're finally being appreciated! You deserve it."

It's going to be miserable.