1/1

Parents evening

“Dad you can’t bring the cat to parents evening!”  Joon said with his little hands on his hips. I pouted and looked down at the fluffy kitten.
 
“But she’ll trash the house if I leave her at home; she isn’t used to the house yet! And she’s only little” I couldn’t believe I was really standing here
in my front porch, pouting at my five year-old son about whether I could bring my new kitten to his parents evening. “No! I’m not even arguing about this” I cuddled the kitten even closer to my chest and picked the cat basket up. “She’s coming with us” Joon groaned loudly.
 
“You’re so embarrassing” I pushed the kitten into the basket with her favourite toy before closing the lid and holding it carefully. Joon, who seemed mature beyond his years, pushed his glasses up his nose before opening the front door. I smiled and grabbed my bag before following him out and locking the door behind me.
 
Joon sat in the back seat and strapped himself in and I gently placed the cat basket beside him before getting in the
drivers seat. “Was I meant to be dressed smart for this?” I was wearing overly ripped jeans and a ‘Life of Pablo’ hoodie, it didn’t say much for my parenting.
 
“You’re advertising Kanye west, it can’t get much worse” I rolled my eyes at the
never ending sass. Other parents were getting out of their respectable cars in suits and ties and I slammed the door shut to my bashed up jaguar with pride. Joon slid out the backseat and I grabbed the cat basket before holding my hand out for Joon to take. My orange hair got numerous weird looks and I looked around a little but self-consciously, chewing on my gum thoughtlessly.
 
Joon’s school was small and cosy, they were a little community and all the parents seemed to know each other except for me, probably because I never had time to go to any of the fairs or productions due to my dodgy work schedule. I just couldn’t get out of the studio sometimes, being a producer was hard work.
 
I entered the main hall where the talk was taking place and carefully sat down on one of the chairs at the end of a row, holding the cat basket to my chest carefully. The head teacher came on and started speaking. It was so boring and I felt my eyes drooping after about ten minutes. I was awoken with a in my face and a hustled ‘excuse me’ I quickly looked up to see a young man holding a little girls hand, trying to squeeze
passed my legs. I quickly moved my knees and he and his bum squeeed passed.
 
“Thank
you” he said, blushing slightly. The little girl was so cute, her eyes were puffy and had dark circles and her hand was securely tucked in her dads. I smiled and she stopped when she saw my basket.
 
“Is that a cat?!” the hall went silent and I winced in embarrassment.
 
“Uh”

“Yah Seon-ie” her dad looked so embarrassed and I got a proper look at his face.
 
Damn he was hot.
 
“Be quiet
hunny” I laughed quietly and he pulled her along. The head teacher cleared and carried on with the speech and the dad and his daughter sat a few seats down from Joon. I stayed awake for the rest of the speech and when it was done I pulled Joon away quickly so we could go and see his teachers. This was the best bit, because fortunately, Joon hadn’t taken after me when it came to school, he was smart and he worked hard.
 
His maths was great, his English was great, and his Korean was alright. We were queuing up to see his science teacher and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the man and his daughter sit in the chairs opposite us, also waiting for the science teacher. “And then she was like ‘you aren’t concentrating in class’ I was so annoyed because I work so hard in her lessons” Joon was ing about the science teacher I was about to see, preparing me for the worst I suspected.
 
“Yah, what’s that little girl’s name?” I whispered lowly to Joon.
 
“Who?  Mi Seon?” he said really loudly. I winced and hid my head in utter humiliation.
 
“Yeah Joon?” the little girl said, her hair was done up in bunches and it looked adorable.
 
“My dad wanted to know your name” Joon kindly explained and I blushed an even deeper purple. I pushed my hand through my hair multiple times and fidgeted with the cat basket handle.
 
“Hi Mr Kwon, I’m Lee Mi
seon and this is my Appa” I nodded to the extremely good looking man and he bowed back.
 
“Annyeong, I’m Lee Seungri”
 
“Kwon JiYong” I introduced myself still very embarrassed. I cleared my throat and watched as Mi Seon and Joon played together on the floor by my chair. And that moment, Ai decided to wake up and my basket shook considerably.
 
“So there really is a cat in
there” Seungri said with amusement.
 
“Uh yeah, she’s really young so I couldn’t just leave her at home all by herself. My cat sitter is out of town so yeah.” I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.
 
“So you’re not…married?” he sounded uncertain a little worried.
 
“Yeah no,
thing’s…changed, I…changed” I didn’t give details and trailed off awkwardly.
 
“Yeah me neither” I raised an eyebrow and looked down at our kids playing together. Then the lady came out of the office.
 
“Mr Kwon” she announced. I was a little sad as I was enjoying my conversation with Seungri but I got up and then looked at my cat basket.
 
“I can look after it until you’re done in there” I smiled in relief.
 
“Oh yes please, thanks” I grabbed Joon’s hand and gave the cat basket over to Seungri. “Her names Ai” I smiled before disappearing into the teacher’s office. I kept zoning out because I was thinking about Seungri and how handsome he was.
 
When it was over I went outside to get the cat. “See dad, I told you she was a ”
 
“Joon!” I looked down at my son.
 
“You use those words all the time!” he pouted. he got my face, that wasn’t a good thing.
 
“That doesn’t mean you can! You have to wait until you’re at least ten” Joon sulked and I smiled secretly.
 
“When can I dye my hair like you?” was his next question. I rolled my eyes.
 
“Never! I’m not letting you destroy your beautiful hair like I did”
 
“That’s not fair!”
 
“Life’s not fair” I queried back and he let go of my hand so he could cross his arms over his chest sassily. It didn’t help that his little round glasses were slipping down his nose. I chuckled and bent down to his level. “Come on Joon, just bare with daddy here. You’re not allowed to swear, dye your hair or ever get tattoos”
 
“But why can you then?”
 
“Because I’m an adult.”
 
“You’re not acting like
one” he said sassily. I chuckled and ruffled his hair. I hadn’t realised but our bickering was being over heard by Seungri and his daughter and I coughed before turning to the pair.
 
“I
apologize for the…bickering, thank you for looking after Ai” Seungri handed the cat basket over o smiled before looking in at the little kitten.
 
“Your cat is
adorable” he said fondly, cooing at the kitten.

“You think?” he nodded fondly and
absent mindedly played with Seon’s hair. We said our goodbyes and I moved along to Joon’s next teacher.
 
“You know” I tapped Joon carefully “You should invite Mi Seon over some day” I was careful of my words.

“Just because you were hitting on her dad” I was shocked.

“How do you even know that language?!” I gasped.

“Dad, you’re my father, that’s how” I bit my lip, knowing I didn’t control my words around my child like I should.
 
“You’re right, I need to stop swearing in front of you” he nodded in agreement. “
Any way, I was not hitting on her dad, I just was being thoughtful and thought that you should have a friend over this week.” He shrugged.
 
Okay I’ll invite her over” I smiled, satisfied and ruffled his hair.
 
And sure enough, a week later Joon brought Seon home with him. I was lounging around in my home studio, dressed in a
fuffy sweater and sweat pants. I gave the pair some juice and a biscuit and they bounced off to god knows where in the apartment to play. I picked Ai up and sat back in my studio, the kitten and mixing the beats up of the song I was making.  
 
Ai soon fell asleep in my lap and I smiled down at the warm fur ball in my lap. Joon stormed into my studio with Seon at his side. “Yah Appa what’s for dinner?” I looked at the clock and started.

“Joon
omo I’m so sorry I completely forgot the time, lets go out to eat neh?” he looked disappointed and I felt so bad.
 
“But Appa will come and I won’t be
here” Seon said softly.
 
“Let’s wait until your Appa gets here and we can all go out together
neh?” she nodded, suddenly smiling again.
 
“Your room is so cool!” Seon laughed walking up to the
dash board of my studio pad. She pressed loads of random buttons in a row and I let out a girly scream and stopped her quickly.

“No no no no no no no no NO” I yelled, quickly checking the damage she had done.
 
“Oh no” Joon breathed, he knew not to ever touch things in my studio.
 
“I’m sorry
mr Kwon” tears welled up in her little panda eyes and she looked just like her dad for a second.
 
Oh baby it’s okay” I hugged her and she wrapped her little podgy arms around my neck before wetting my shoulder with her tears. She stopped crying eventually and I wiped her eyes before smiling fondly.
 
“It
’s okay don’t worry” she dried her eyes and looked fine again.
 
The door bell rang and I started. “
Ah it must be your dad” I pushed a hand through my hair and checked myself in the mirror before opening the front door. He looked ing amazing. His hair was pushed back from his forehead this time and he was wearing a suit. I felt like a tramp compared. He smiled kindly.
 
“Hi”
 
“DADDY!” Seon ran into his arms.
 
“JiYong
oppa is taking us out for dinner you’re coming right? Tell me you’re coming” Seungri swung her up in his arms and tweaked her plait.
 
“I don’t mind, I haven’t eaten yet” he turned to me “If that’s alright with you” I nodded a bit too eagerly and grabbed my wallet.
 
“I look like a tramp but I’m ready”
 
“I think you look
lovely” Seungri said quietly. I blushed as I shoved my feet into my nike airs. We all left and walked down to the car park.
 
“I’ll dive” we walked to my beat up jaguar and I put Joon in the backseat and Seon went in the other whilst Seungri got in the passenger seat next to me.
 
“So, what do you do for a living?” Seungri asked.
 
“I’m a producer” he looked impressed.
 
“That’s so cool! I thought that you looked all arty farty”  I grinned and put my foot on the pedal.

“What about you?” I asked.
 
“I’m a senior engineer for Hyundai” I raised an eyebrow, impressed. We made quiet conversation until we reached the restaurant and then we settled down at a cosy table to eat our dinner.
 
When we had eaten and were walking back to the car, Seungri suddenly looked awkward and he fiddled with the ring on his pinkie uncertainly. “JiYong?” I hummed in response and watched the two kids in front of us who were skipping along happily. “We should do this again
sometime” I nodded in agreement “Without the kids” he added. I started at the suggestion.

“Y-you think?” I bit my lip nervously.
 
“If you’d like
too, of course you don’t have too I just wandered because-”
 
“I’d love too” I shut him up and he smiled coyly.
 

 
“Where are you going Appa?” Joon asked from the sofa and Youngbae looked up curiously as well.
 
“I’m just going out with a friend” I grinned, dabbing some cologne on and smoothing my hair back.
 
“In a suit?” Youngbae raised one eyebrow.
 
“Yes, in a suit” I smirked through the mirror. “Thanks for looking after Joon by the way, Youngbae” he waved it off and carried on looking at the TV screen.  The doorbell rang and I smoothed through my hair again and turned to Youngbae.
 
“How do I look?” I questioned.
 
“Awful” Youngbae laughed. “Fine fine fine, you look stunning now go get your man”
 
“I’m not getting a man” I whined and Youngbae just rolled his eyes. I opened the front door and slipped outside before closing it so nobody saw who it was that I was meeting, they would tease me so much.
 
“You look so nice” Seungri whispered, guiding me by the waist to his
near-by car. After we’d had our fill of food, we sat on a bench and looked out at the park. It was winter and the ice rink at the bottom of the hill was full of family’s ice skating and having fun. Seungri slipped his fingers through mine and I squeezed his knuckles tenderly.
 
“You know, I sure am glad that I was late to that talk and that I shoved my in your face” I laughed quietly.
 
“I am very glad too” he turned to me and swept a strand of hair out my face. I leant into the touch and he cupped my jaw, I shivered, but not from
cold. I looked at his eyes and then my gaze was drawn to his lips. He leant closer.
 
was this really happening.
 
His lips were cold, his skin was hot, his tongue was warm and I melted into the kiss. His hand rested on my waist and I cupped his jaw before breaking away. “Beautiful” he whispered and I recaptured his lips.
 

 
As months passed, the outings became more and more frequent and Seungri and I became more and more intimate, I stayed at his house all the time and he stayed as mine just as much. Joon and Seon loved it, they got to play together all the time and they loved the sleepovers. They did not yet know the nature of our relationship but they were slowly guessing.
 
The sun poured through massive windows in Seungri’s bedroom and I groaned as I opened my eyes. Seungri still didn’t move beneath me and I looked up at his sleeping face with happiness at the man above me. His bare chest was so comfortable to lie on and I pressed a kiss into the hollow of his collarbone. He stirred at the kiss and his hand ran up and down my . I groaned with satisfaction and rolled so I was completely on top of him. “Morning” he groaned. I kissed him tenderly and he ran his tongue along my lower lip before I opened my mouth and he deepened the kiss.
 
His hand rested on my waist and then as the kiss grew more intense, his hand slid under my boxers and I moaned into his mouth. The duvet was thrown back and I kicked it onto the floor before rolling over so Seungri was on top. “So. ing. y.” Seungri groaned and I gasped as his hand squeezed my slightly.
 
“PAPA!” Seungri quickly pulled away as the door to his bedroom opened. “PA-oh” I sat up and pulled the duvet over our practically bodies. It was Seon, she looked slightly shocked, Joon was right behind her. “We want breakfast!” Joon said angrily. Seungri quickly got out of bed and pulled some tracksuit on before approaching the two children.
 
“It’s Saturday, can’t you two sleep in for once in your lives” I groaned.
 
“We’ve been up since five am building duvet forts!” Seon said super proudly. I laughed and rolled around on the bed. Seungri grumbled and rubbed his puffy eyes before stumbling out to the landing. I followed him and pulled one of his shirts on before going to the kitchen. Seon clung onto my hand and I carried her down the stairs to the kitchen.
 
“JiYong
oppa, can I call you dad?” I started at the question and Seungri smiled at the question.
 
“Can she?” I looked at Seungri expectantly.

“Of course she can, why don’t you call him mama” he laughed.
 
“YAH!” I grinned and picked Seon up again. “Don’t ever call me mama” she poked my nose and giggled excitedly.
 
“I hope you stay forever mama JiYong”
 
“YAH” she was being sweet though so I let it go.
 
“So are you and dad getting married one day?” I choked on my own spit and looked at Seungri.
 
“Ah
love, lets not get ahead of ourselves yeah” seungri rolled his eyes like he'd been asked millions of times.

 

 

I giggled at his daughters presumptions.

 

“Come on, Seon – we still need to go on at least a million dates, make out in public AND have se-”

 

“DAD EW!!!!” Joon and Seon screamed together.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

 

 

Yey that was just short little one shot, I hope you liked it :)

Please comment if you have any more ideas for other single story one shots and please read all my other stories if you haven’t!