Messed up chords

Tears of the Sky

"I'll try again," I bowed apologetically.

The woman standing before me gave me calm nod. I casted my gaze intently at the white and black tiles, getting a grip of myself before started running my fingers over them again. One by one, key by key, I reminded myself of what comes after the other.

"That's a mess" An honest comment shook me up, sending jolts on my shoulder.

I stopped playing to look up to the owner of the voice. Haeri sunbae, the senior who assisted me practicing also turned around and bowed. Stood by the door was Jimin, a member of a girl group represented by our company. She must have been passing by when she heard my messed up music.

I stood up for a respectful bow, despite the constricting feeling I had in my chest. I knew that she might not trying to be mean, and the people in this industry are simply and cruelly honest. She was right, though, I had never made a good music, and this is definitely no different. Nothing I did had sounded right, EVER.

"She's new, so she's still unfamiliar with the notes," the senior explained. Jimin nodded and walked towards me. She skimmed through my music sheet and then looked up at me. She stared at me silently, nothing written across her face.

"Here. Use lower keys over here, gradually lowering it further and intermingle it with middle notes, then rise up to here." She pointed at my notes. I quietly listened to her and mentally demonstrated the amended version of music to myself. I still couldn't get it, though. She had took the pen in my hand and made small marks here and there on my note.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't meddle in." She apologized when a sudden realization knocked her. 

"It's okay. It might be better than mine" I told her and looked up at Haeri sunbae who simply kept silent.

"I am not an expert, but try it! It might work!" As I started over, Jimin's phone rang and lit up a neon blue light. Again, apologizing for being impulsive, Jimin quickly bid us goodbye and dashed out the door.

"Whoa, our Seungmin is collaborating with AOA Jimin!" Haeri sunbae teasingly remarked. I laughed it off and simply took out a new music sheet.

"Ahh!!! Okay!!! Let's stop here. We'll try again later" She placed her hand over my new music sheet, calling it a day. She took my hand and placed it over her stomach. It cracked me up when she imitated grumbling sound like an old machine.

I marked the music sheet with tags so that I won't forget to do it later, and slipped it into my backpack. When my sight landed on my fingers, I can't help but to think; maybe they aren't meant to be on these keys. Having been in the company for 19 months, I can't even manage to get a grip on the basics.

If it is not because of my uncle, I would have never imagined to be in this place, learning all these stuff. It's not like I hate music, but I just have zero talent in it. And never did I imagine to have anything to do with it in my future.

***
I shoved my backpack into my locker. Since we are only going out for a while, I decided not to carry too much with me.

"Given up with the day?" A figure towered over my back.

"Sang hyung! You gave me a heart attack! " I punched his arm hard.

"This kid, I told you I'm not your hyung, call me oppa, and call my name properly!" He placed his hands over my head and pressed it down.

"As expected from a parachute. Can't even call people properly" Another voice interupted me when I was about to talk back to that boy.

"Who's there?" Sanghyuk raised up his voice. No one answered. Without words, he reached out for my arms. I dodge his hand and held his two wrists together instead.

"I'm okay, go back to your own practice"

"Are you really okay?" He asked with an apologetic look, but I left it unanswered and just walked away. I'm a parachute afterall, I'm supposed to fly away with the wind effortlessly... right?