Part 2

Backwards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yuta and Ten are visiting, wow!" Taeyong shouts barging into Doyoung and Jaehyun's house "The reunion is complete, yahaas!" Johnny joins the ‘party’. He comes closer to Doyoung and spanks twice his "Excited to see Ten, going to bring your new date?” Doyoung gazes Johnny annoyed “There’s no date Johnny, and take off your shoes AT THE ENTRACE!”

Yuta is part of the same school generation with Taeyong, Johnny and Taeil, while Ten is the same as Doyoung. Since both Ten and Yuta are foreigners they met in the Korean teaching classes and this is how the two groups formed. Ten is Doyoung's best friend, it wasn't a thing Doyoung did without telling Ten about it. When he confessed his crush over Taeil, Ten co-opted Yuta into helping. "When are they coming, none of them has sent me any email?" Doyoung wants to keep it cool but he is pissed off that it's not him the first to know when they’re coming “Jelly much?” Taeyong teases and Doyoung wants to rip his head off, he is so going to make Ten remember he’s the first one he should announce his coming to. 



They are getting ready to go out and Jaehyun looks towards Doyoung who is impeccably dressed "Wow, wanna get noticed tonight?" Jaehyun says somehow seeming down "I just want to show them I am still standing, come on, help me do my hair like this." Doyoung beams pointing towards a picture in his phone. 

They step into the pub Yuta and Ten wanted to meet them, Doyoung ahead of Jaehyun, guiding the other "The couple came." Johnny takes a lame attempt to a joke having a middle finger pointed at. Ten literarily jumps in Doyoung's arms crossing his legs around his waist arms tangled around his neck, and if Yuta wouldn't throw a 'keep the distance' look he would stay like that all the night. "You look...spectacular!" Yuta states. 

Doyoung has changed, he has changed from the past self and he has change from the few months ago Doyoung, his change is not hard to see, once they moved into the new house Doyoung got new habits, and maybe, but maybe Jaeyhun has something to do with this. He started caring about his appearance more, about the way clothes fit him, he bought expensive cologne to make sure whomever sits next to him is getting a nice sent.

They spend enough time speaking in the middle of the bar and Jaehyun heads towards the table along Taeyong and Johnny. He felt awkward coming, but it was the hosts that insisted on him to come, Ten is always excited to have new people in their circle.


Doyoung turns his head somehow involuntarily towards the door and his heart just drops and starts sweating cold. He pretends not to notice and turns his head towards Ten who enthusiastically relates crazy things he does in Japan and how Yuta only feeds him takoyaki. 

It's Taeil who first passes by the two and heads towards the table where he greets the others, he’s accompanied by their other friend Hansol who just flight here from Macau. Doyoung goes pale at first and glances towards Jaehyun, who awkwardly sits at the table. He fastly regains courage when he remembers all the praises others addressed him today. He wants to head towards the bathroom when he feels someone's breath against his ear.

"You're smelling good tonight, not to mention the way you look, I am glad to meet you like this." Taeil behaves as if he never left, as if he never abandoned the other, Doyoung boils on the inside, he would slap some ing sense into the other right away, but he doesn't make a scene. "I know, I'm trying, you know." 

He gets to sit on the table and curses his fate for having to sit in front of Taeil. The other looks good as well, but he is not surprised, he is satisfied with the fact that he, himself doesn't look miserable anymore, he is satisfied that he can confront the other like this. He internally hopes he stirred regret into the other's heart. 

He has spent almost all night with Ten, while Jaehyun seems to have gotten really friendly with Yuta. Both Yuta and Jaehyun are similar, they look unapproachable but if you get past this wall you've made a life time friend. While at the other corner of the table Taeyong is preoccupied with puling Hansol’s eyes out for never reaching them when he comes from Macau and threatens him with going to Macau and pulling a show in front of his house to make him never be able to show his face in public again and move back to Korea.

Doyoung switches two phrases with Jaehyun, he wants to take his leave but doesn't know how to. He feels warmth on his hand and fingers lacing with his "I am stealing him for a moment." Taeil excuses himself towards Jaehyun, tightens his hold of the other and snitches him away with dropped faces of Johnny and Taeyong. 

Outside the bar Taeil only stares at Doyoung, the latter avoids his look. Doyoung is bursting with anger, and melancholy and all the possible mixed feelings that give him nausea. "I can't believe you're this shameless, leggo!" He shakes his hand as if he had dirt stuck on it. "You act so cold, so unlike you, I heard you left our place." Doyoung rolls his eye at the others words "I couldn't stand your stench in it anymore, so I left." Doyoung scoffs. 

He really wanted to fight with Taeil, he really wanted to punch him, he returns to the table and tells the others he has to go, that he doesn't feel well "Maybe before you go, you come visit our place." Doyoung offers. Jaehyun stays back convinced by Taeyong, he reaches home few hours later and somehow he can't manage to push the code so he calls Doyoung. "Are you alone? I was thinking on going over Taeyong's." He steps towards Doyoung which is half still sleeping, dressed in a pair of shorts and an oversized tank top. When they reach the hall that separates Doyoung’s room from the rest of the floor Jaehyun pushes Doyoung to the wall "Why do you look so y?" He brushes his nose to the other's face and gently bits his jaw before kissing it. 

Doyoung’s brain short-circuits, he doesn’t know if he’s inside some dream or Jaehyun is really spilling out nonsense, the only certain thing is, he is affected by it. 

In all the time since Jaehyun moved in, Doyoung had times when he craved for someone's touch. He never dared getting closer to Jaehyun since the other is straight, but Jaehyun's current actions are not helping him. "Jaehyun what are yo-" Jaehyun shuts him with a deep kiss, hands already starting to grab Doyoung's clothes to undress him. "Stop moving." Je grips Doyoung's hands, placing them on his sides. He can't remove the other boy's shirt so he rips it, his hands are climbing from his belly up to his chest. He leans to kiss chest to and one of his s, nibbling the other with his hand. The elder tries his best to hold back, but he's abstained for a while and he feels like losing it. He is already too hard to leave and he gives in, he enters in Jaehyun's play. 

The younger smiles when he sees the other started responding to his gestures, he slides his hand into Doyoung's pants and grabs his half hard , he squeezes and jerks it a few times making the other to let out pleasure sounds, "Your moans, . " Doyoung cries out loud in moans and Jaehyun lays him on the very floor of their hallway. 

It turned black for Doyoung he's now awake and the view of his room is a disaster, he wants to cry and hopes the ground will split to swallow him right in that moment. He's , Jaehyun is in his bed, as as his mother brought him into this world. The room is a mess, and he starts remembering last night. He's eyes are full of tears of remorse thinking Jaehyun will not bear the thought when he'll wake up, and he's not able to face Jaehyun. 

He grabs few clothes and leaves the house, his heart stings badly. Under other circumstances he would rush to Johnny or Taeyong to tell them, but they'll only say that Johnny was right, that Doyoung was just this kind of person that gave into every roommate of his. He despises himself for what he is and for what he did to Jaehyun. 


It's true that the one to start it was Jaehyun, but he is older and he should have more self-control. 

He's walking for a while now, and he realizes that he's left the house without his phone. He reaches his office and tries his best to keep his thoughts away, he doesn't want to go home, but doesn't have anywhere else to go and a motel is out of question. 

There's rain starting pouring but he’s not rushing towards the bus that takes him home. He thinks maybe it will be a good idea to walk through rain and drain himself away, he'll reach home with a good enough reason to avoid the other but life really doesn't go according to Doyoung's plans. In the bus station, Jaehyun is waiting with an umbrella. He gets off the bus and steps under his umbrella, avoiding eye contact, not saying any words. They walk in silence more than half of the way home. "I am glad you decided to return home.” Jaehyun breaks the silence. Doyoung's heart stings again, he wants to cry, there's nothing he can get out of his mouth to calm the situation or to make up for Jaehyun. 

"I was really scared that you would run away, and it's all my fault!" These words cut right through Doyoung, they only express regret to him "Please don't tell anyone about it, I think I need time to think over what happened, I am afraid to lose you." The younger’s words are so confusing for Doyoung. 

Doyoung wants to tell Jaehyun that once again he'll help the other get over it, but he got involved emotionally too much with his roommate. Half of him pushes him towards Jaehyun and the other half makes him want to run away. "I am not going to tell anyone, we will solve this between us." He finally replays to the other when they reach home. 

The house is clean, Jaehyun cleaned the mess on the hallway and from Doyoung's room. He sits in the shower water pouring on him, all the thoughts are overwhelming him, from all the times Taeil decides to appear now, and from all the people Jaehyun choose to release his with Doyoung. He can't understand himself anymore, he can't read his own heart anymore. 



The days following they behave as they used to, cooking, run and chasing through the house, pillow fights. They didn't forget, they just pretend it didn't happen that way. The kind of attention Jaehyun gives to Doyoung makes the latter crave for more, always for more, he's become dependent. Doyoung retakes slowly his usual life, working, paying bills, gaming with Jaehyun, gaming with their friends. 

"When are you coming home?" Jaehyun calls, his voice is strange but Doyoung thinks maybe the other did some childish thing and is overreacting again "As usual, why are you cooking, want me to go for groceries?" Doyoung tries to ease the other with random talks "Uhm...See you home!" Jaehyun wanted to say something but he hesitated. The elder ignores all the way, he stops at the mart for groceries and buys Jaehyun's favorite chocolate, Jaehyun's favorite juice, Jaehyun's favorite fruits "I seem like his mother." He mumbles throwing in a bag the groceries. 

He opens the Door of the house and shouts as usual "Jae, hyung's home!" There's no answer from the other so he supposes the younger is upstairs in his room. He heads towards the kitchen to put the groceries and the moment he enters the living room he feels he's dropping the bag. 

"I guess old customs never change." They have a guest, now he knows the reason of the call, or why Jaehyun was hesitating. "Hyung you're home!" Jaehyun comes down the stairs, face pale, but he grins at the sight of the other. "You could've told me we have guests, I didn't buy much, but guests should also bring something especially when coming to a new house." Doyoung throws darts right into Taeil's face. 

He isn't bothered by his presence there, he is not even mad at Jaehyun for letting him come. From all the things it could bother Doyoung he can only pick the fact that Taeil is in their house, all comfortable in Jaehyun's clothes. He wears a pair of sports shorts and a blouse that seem oversized on him. 

Taeil orders food and pays for it, but Doyoung implies no appetite due stomachache and wants to retreat to his room. "Are you coming to my room or is the guest taking the couch?" He asks stinging Taeil once again. "Actually I prefer your room Doyoung, can't bother this much Jaehyun, plus we are old acquaintances." Taeil gets him off guard “Then you take it.” 

He heads towards Jaehyun's bed, he tried his best to behave so that Jaehyun will not feel awkward nor guilty. He can understand how Taeil managed to convince Jaehyun to come and stay there, he knows what kind of convincing powers the elder has. 

In the morning Jaehyun wakes up along Doyoung staring intently at the other “What, did I drool much?” Doyoung asks dragging a chuckle from the younger “Nothing, it’s just…never mind, let’s get up.”

It's Saturday and they have chores to do "It's empty!" Jaehyun pouts starring at their fridge. Doyoung puts an arm around his neck inviting him to cook. Taeil wakes up and takes a sit on the couch watching the two cooking "I'm here for more than 10 minutes and none of you noticed." He says in a sort of annoyed tone. 

The hosts set the table "Hyung you don't like vegetables, put them into my plate I will eat them." Jaehyun tries to make Taeil comfortable in their house "It's not that I don't like them, I can't eat them like this, I thought Doyoung would remember." He says the second sentence more to himself. "You can put the food back, and go to a ing restaurant." Doyoung tries his best to let the words out in a calm way "I'm fine with this tiny, I missed your cooking!” 

Tiny, how long has passed since he's heard it, but it doesn’t make him jolt anymore, doesn't cause his body shiver, doesn't make his heart race anymore. "Don't call me that, we're not in those terms anymore!" Doyoung leaves the house to take a walk, he's got a call from Ten who tells him he'll come over for a week and asks to come over. He returns home at evening and thankfully Taeil has already left.



Things go back to their initial track, Jaehyun is going to sustain his exams and see whether he will promote or if he needs to retake the year, Doyoung is back to his daily activities. 

“Hyung, what are you cooking?” Jaehyun shows up with huge bags under his eyes in the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter