Chapter One

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Damn it" said Mr. Oh threw his coat to the floor. He looked really angry.

"Dear...Please calm down." Mrs. Oh tried to soften her husband.

"How do you expect for me to calm down when something like this happens. What must I said to the shareholder, reporter and everyone about this? The eldest son from Oh Family runs away from his wedding. This is so embarrassing. That child ruin everything. Everything!!!."

"I know you’re upset. But maybe he have a reason."

"No matter what the reason is, I don't want to listen at all? What I know is that, that ungrateful son is not my son anymore. I am going to remove him from Oh Family."

Sehun only watched as his parent argue with each other. He knew his father was really angry from his brother’s actions, his mother too. Today should be a happy day, because the only brother he had was gonna get married with someone he dated more than 5 years. But why, why must this have to happen. Why did  his brother run away.  He really wanted to know. Because he knew how his brother looked forward this day. So he didn't expect this will happen. Sehun tried to call to his brother, but it was useless. His brother didn't pick up.  

Without Sehun knowing, his life start change since that day....
 

5 years later...


"Yo, Sehun." said Baekhyun and puts his hand around Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun knows that Baekhyun not a tall but definitely not short. But compare to Sehun, Baekhyun still wants to put his hand around Sehun’s shoulders, although he knows that he will face a difficulty walking due to height differences.

"Hi Baek..."

"What happen to you, Sehun? You look sad."

"My parents scold me last night."

"Why?"

"Because I fail to get number one for the last exam."

"Just because of that. It’s not like you get a bad result. You're number two, only one spot from the number one."

"I know, but my parents cannot accept it." Baekhyun hisses.

"I still cannot believe your parents. They should be happy for you because you’re one of the smartest student at this school. One of the prestigious high school in Korea" Sehun can only smile. Truthly, Sehun feel disappointed too. He really wants his parents to be happy with his result. They only want number one. Other are unacceptable. To them, it’s still a failure.

"But Sehun, do you know why the reason your parents became like this? Before this, they just treat you like an invincible person. But now, they..."

"I don't know." Actually Sehun knows the reason. After the incident five years ago, Sehun’s parents start to control Sehun’s life.He cannot do anything he wants to do. Everything Sehun does, his parents will know. His parents even send someone to follow him everyday to make sure that he does not do anything that will ruin their family pride anymore, just like his brother.

Sehun really hate his life now. He want his life back just like before, when he can spend time with his friends or sometime with his brother when he’s free. Sehun really misses those moments. But now, it changed. Sehun cannot do anything. His time is always spend at home, studying. He still remember what his father said on the night when the incident happen...

"Sehun, from today. You are not allowed to go anywhere without our permission. You can only go to school. Understand?"

Not only that, his best friend is already avoiding him now. This is because his father threatened them to make sure that their parents will never get a job at Korea if they still insist to be friends with him. Baekhyun. Only Baekhyun, the friend that he has now. The reason is, Baekhyun is his father’s business partner's son. If not, maybe Sehun will be alone now. Sometime Sehun hates his brother, because him, Sehun's life change. Life full of happiness now turns. So dark that Sehun cannot see anything. But sometimes, he believes his brother had a reason why he had to run away that day. He can feel it.

Sehun and his brother are really different. His brother was born a genius. He can get number one without working hard. That’s why his parents is proud of and love him so much compare to Sehun. But now, Sehun have to struggle to stand on the same level like his brother. His brother is at different level from Sehun, a level too far away. Sehun does everything but still, he cannot compete with his brother no matter what. He even sacrifices half his time for sleep to study, but still he cannot impress his parents like his brother used to.

"Sehun..." Baekhyun saying, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"What is it?"

"Actually I really sorry for what happen to you. Because your brother’s careless action, you have to take his place."

"It already my fate, Baek. What can I do?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter