The voice

Singing to the demon in me

Lee Sungmin smiled with pride as his rival Kim Ryeowook glared beside his partner and boyfriend. Another competition won, as his adoring fans cheered and chanted his name.

“Congrats again Sungmin.” Ryeowook forced out as Yesung smiled and bowed beside him.

“Thank you again Ryeowook.” Sungmin replied as he received his winnings and walked away, returning to his car as his manager drove him home. Sungmin’s smile faded away as he looked out his closed, tinted window. The face that smiled back was not his own, but the demon’s who owned him.

“That’s another victory, win a few more, and that voice of yours belong’s to me.” the demon reminded. Sungmin could only nod, his voice raw from the earlier event. When he entered his home, Sungmin fell face first into his bed and remained still.

“You seem upset, do not forget, it was you who willingly took my offer.” Kyuhyun said as he sat magnificently on his leather chair. Sungmin glanced at him with a pouted look. Everything the demon did was beautiful. It was his very beauty and silk voice that made the singer eager to make the deal.

“I never said anything.” Sungmin huffed as he watched Kyuhyun motion for him. On command, Sungmin stood from the bed and move to stand before the demon. Kyuhyun smiled as he let the human sit on his lap before moving to caress the singer’s throat.

“You use my voice to do so many things. But, can you continue?” Kyuhyun asked confusing Sungmin.

“I can not lose with you behind me.” Sungmin replied, his confidence making the demon laugh. Sungmin glared as he crossed his arms.

“You doubt me?” Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin away from him before standing up and walking to the window.

“Your rival will beat you one day, and that day will be soon.” Kyuhyun warned. Sungmin rolled his eyes at the warning. He had heard that same thing for the past year now, and so far it had not come true.

“I haven’t lost yet Kyuhyun,” Sungmin bragged, only for Kyuhyun to casually make a fist, causing Sungmin to gasp and grab his throat as his voice became nothing more than a hoarse whisper.

“Never doubt me again Sungmin. What I say is truth. Our deal sealed you to me. I will retrieve my payment, when I wish it.” Kyuhyun told him. Sungmin looked away as his voice was returned. He saw the demon Kyuhyun was during these moments.

“You shouldn’t fall in love with me Sungmin. But, you already did when you made this deal.” Kyuhyun whispered. Sungmin nodded his head as he sat on the bed. That was his downfall wasn’t it. He had tired of losing to Ryeowook and Yesung every competition. When he had seen Kyuhyun after a battle one night, he had been drawn to him. It was that night, when he made the deal that sealed him to the demon.

“You won’t tell me how much longer I have?” Sungmin asked, looking at Kyuhyun as the demon moved to sit beside him. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“That would make our game unfun.” Kyuhyun smiled. Sungmin pouted again as he closed his eyes. He still held his throat in confusion before feeling soft lips touch his own. Opening his eyes, Sungmin saw Kyuhyun right in his face before he leaned back.

“I do own you, and aside from your voice, I do also own your body.” Kyuhyun smiled as he gently laid Sungmin down on the bed. The human did not complain, his eyes focused on the demon’s. Reaching up, Sungmin cupped Kyuhyun’s face and kissed his lips again.

“I am yours, I told you that the day I made that deal.” Sungmin whispered. Closing his eyes, Sungmin allowed Kyuhyun to slowly undress him and place soft kisses against his skin.

~
Ryeowook slammed his fist against his mirror, shattering it and making Yesung jump.

“Why is he still winning?” the singer snarled as his body seemed to shimmer with his anger. Yesung wisely remained silent as the younger fumed.

“You said he made a deal, are you sure you saw right?” Ryeowook asked turning to his partner and lover. Yesung gulped as he once again repeated the events he had seen that night a year ago. Ryeowook hissed as he started pacing again. The constant moving from the younger made Yesung shiver.

“Stay, I’m going to pay my old friend a visit.” Ryeowook ordered as he left the room and slammed the door to his front door. Ryeowook stormed down the sidewalk, his eyes blazing as he headed for the park. He knew what he was looking for, and he was willing to lose all integrity in the act. When he arrived at the park, the man he was searching for glanced up from his newspaper.

“Ryeowook?” Leeteuk asked. Ryeowook drew in a deep breath before eyeing the older male.

“I have reason to believe Sungmin is cheating.” he announced. Leeteuk’s eyes widened in surprise.

“That is a serious accusation. Are you sure?” Leeteuk asked. Ryeowook nodded his head as he waited for whatever rule the head of counselors came up with.

“Let me speak with the others, and we will call a meeting at the end of the month. Do you know how long the cheating has been occurring?” Leeteuk asked. Ryeowook smiled.

“A year, my partner Yesung saw the exchange happen with a man named Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook explained. Leeteuk closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

“Yes, I do need to consult the others about this.” he stated before standing and folding his newspaper under his arm before walking away after bowing his goodbye. Ryeowook watched him leave before closing his eyes.

“I’m sorry old friend, but this isn’t what the game is about.” the singer whispered to the night.

~

Sungmin smiled as he laid in his bed as Kyuhyun sat on the floor playing a game. His body was shivering from pleasure as he tried to sit up and move to the end of the bed.

“Don’t move,” Kyuhyun ordered softly from the floor, not even bothering to look up from his game. Sungmin sighed as he closed his eyes.

“I love you,” Sungmin whispered. He never saw the smile on Kyuhyun’s face. A month passed, and Sungmin was getting ready for a dinner with the leaders and other members of the singing community he was part of. Kyuhyun had been missing all day. The absence of the demon made Sungmin sad, but perhaps the dinner would make it better. Downing the rest of his warm tea, Sungmin coughed slightly. His throat had been slightly raw the past few days causing him worry.

On the way to the dinner, Kyuhyun was still missing. Once he arrived, Ryeowook approached him.

“Sungmin.” Ryeowook greeted as Yesung walked up beside him. Sungmin could only bow, his throat too scratchy.

“Too good to talk to us?” Ryeowook asked, annoyance in his voice. Yesung whispered something into Ryeowook’s ear, but the younger waved him away.

“Let’s go eat.” Ryeowook said as he turned to walk inside. Sungmin shook his head.

“I’ll go to the bathroom first.” the singer replied, his voice scratchy and hoarse. Entering the bathroom alone, Sungmin coughed again.

“I came to retrieve my payment now.” Kyuhyun announced as he stood beside the sinks. Sungmin’s eyes widened as his hands shot to his throat. Kyuhyun walked forward, placing his hands on either of Sungmin’s shoulders before leaning down and placing his lips against the human’s. Sungmin closed his eyes, feeling his body shake as the demon out his voice. When Kyuhyun pulled away, Sungmin looked down at the ground, tears in his eyes.

“Goodbye Sungmin, it was nice hearing your voice while it lasted.” Kyuhyun said as he walked towards the exit doors. Sungmin’s made no sound as silence echoed in the room as the door opened and the sound of the diners flowed through and Kyuhyun disappeared.