Weddings and Dates

The Boss' Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Wendy's big day and the future CEO of KEntertainment woke up early to ensure she would not disappoint her best friend by being late. Seulgi was looking at her watch as she tried to wait for a response from the Bae household. Because there was an after party, it was best for her to take a driver knowing that there were drinks overflowing in the reception. She also wondered why she had to wear another set of suit just to make Wendy happy.

Couldn’t she wear a dress like Irene?

But of course, Seulgi didn’t have the heart to complain. It was Wendy’s request for her to something she had personally bought.

All for my best friend

It was a phrase Seulgi knew all too well.

“Miss Kang, why are you waiting here?” A middle-aged woman, possibly Irene’s caretaker went out to greet her and her driver. She wasn't surprised the woman recognized her. Her face was, afterall, in the news the days before.

“I am here to pick up Miss Bae.”

“I’m sorry but she is already at the venue. She went there a few hours ago with her driver.”

Seulgi suddenly went pale knowing she was supposed to take care of the older woman as she promised. Now, she didn’t only break that promise, she also made a fool out of herself by not picking up her date on time. Of all the secretaries around her, she didn't instruct one to help her out with her schedule. She didn't even have Irene's number to double check if the actress was indeed already at the venue.

“Miss Kang, to be fair, Miss Bae thought you were already in the venue waiting for her. There were no specific instructions that you would be arriving to pick her up.”

“I… It’s alright. I didn’t have her number to be honest. We will go now. I do not want to make her wait any longer. Thank you for coming out to tell us.”

The caretaker took a card from her pocket and gave it to Seulgi with a smile.

“This is Miss Bae’s personal number. I am sure she is worried about your whereabouts as well if she doesn’t find you in the venue.”

Seulgi felt a little light headed when she took the card and stared at the numbers.

“I know you are her boss but I am sure you don’t have her personal number. Please. Feel free to tell her you are on your way.”

“Thank you for this.” Seulgi smiled thankful that Irene had very nice household help.

 

@@@@@@@

 

There was a faint allure that Irene couldn’t get out of by the time she arrived in the venue. The simple yet gorgeous preparations that Suho and Wendy had to go through had impeccable detail.

 

“As expected of Wendy…” Irene smiled and gave a few guests directions. Her date was late so it was best not to fret and just help out. She had been trying to push back the thought that Seulgi did not want to be her plus one. Although the wedding was private, there were artists invited. Artists that can stir more runors around her and Seulgi.

 

“You don’t have the right to be angry Joohyun. She is a very busy person. To even attend the wedding is a gift. So don’t be such a weak hearted…” Her thoughts were cut off when an unknown number called her.

 

“Hello?”

“Irene… It’s Seulgi. I’m sorry, I think I didn’t understand Seungwan’s instructions… I just left your house. I thought I was supposed to pick you up. Your caretaker gave me your number in case you thought of where I was…”

“Oh… My…” Irene took of her phone from her ear and immediately checked Wendy’s message to see that her best friend instructed her to wait for Seulgi once going to personally fetch her from her home.

“Sh…” Irene breathed out her nervousness and tried to maintain a happy, unworried voice in reply.

“I’m sorry. My phone died yesterday so I wasn’t able to check in with you. Wendy… Seungwan gave me your number…”

“Oh… Really? I… See… Well… I am about 15 minutes away Irene. I will see you soon.”

“See you… Soon…” Irene didn’t notice that a small smile appeared on her lips as she ended the call. The world seemed to be a blur around the actress as she tried to process what had transpired.

 

She just made her boss wait.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi was sweating when she got to the church. Her driver gave her tissues but it seemed useless as of the moment. Some parts of her wardrobe were sticking to her that she had to remove her coat. She looked around in search of her date and found Irene standing outside one of the church doors. She was about to walk over when she saw Bogum head towards her direction.

 

She stopped and thought about not interfering with the conversation.

But then she decided to hell with pleasantries.

She was Irene’s date. She should be beside her right this very moment.

 

@@@@@@@

 

“Irene…”

 

The actress had to sigh as she heard the voice she didn’t need to hear as of the moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter