Year End Awards

The Boss' Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“BEAR!”

 

Seulgi heard a familiar voice but does not heed to it. She was sleepy and it was Christmas. There was no need to stand up for…

 

“KANG SEULGI!”

 

Now she remembered the stern voice. It was Wendy’s. The woman has been bugging her to work harder lately and it was draining Seulgi’s energy. Not to mention Wendy was a workaholic. There was no better person for her dad to pick other than the best friend who could push her to work.

 

“KANG SEULGI it’s the KBS Year End Awards!”

 

If she looked Wendy had her hands on her waist already, annoyed that she has kept ignoring her.

 

What was so special about the KBS Year End Awards anyway?

It was just another awards show and as far as she knows the artists will be there. All artists have their escorts already. Even with her father absent the event would be fine.

 

But Wendy knew what to say of course.

 

All the time

 

It took about two seconds and two words from Wendy to make Seulgi sit up and run towards her bathroom.

 

“IRENE BAE!”

 

@@@@@@@

 

“Isn’t this too short Unnie?” Irene took a look of her dress and made a pout.

 

She was already wearing an off shoulder dress. To add to her misery, the length was TOO MUCH above the knee. How long the dress was could have been fine in an ordinary day but it was winter. Temperature wise, it wasn’t really applicable.

 

“You will be walking with the company’s Heiress. You need to be really pretty.”

 

Seulgi, the name popped immediately onto Irene’s head. The thoughts trailed to the night they met and how the young Heiress smiled.

 

A smile almost escapes her but she was able to stop herself.

 

It would have been embarrassing to say the least.

 

“You said pretty, Unnie. Not y.”

“Well, baby what do you want? Would you rather have the rest of the world look at our future CEO or have the camera capture you both?”

 

Can she just look at me instead?

 

The thought lingered in Irene’s mind as the stylists continue to prepare her for the event. She wonders if they would have conversations now.

 

She would have loved to get to know Seulgi a little more.

 

@@@@@@@

 

“Why am I wearing a suit?” Seulgi asked the stylist with an eyebrow raised.

“Your father didn’t want you to wear a dress for your first Awards show, Miss Kang.”

 

Wendy smiled at her best friend while she was getting her retouch. It takes a while to prepare the Bear for anything this big. Most people would want their daughter’s to look pretty on a special day.

 

Not Mr. Kang.

 

Apparently the older Kang wanted Seulgi to wear something more unconventional for the event. Wendy thinks it was a good idea.

 

Considering Seulgi has been out in the papers as the new CEO girl crush.

 

“You’ll thank your dad later, Seulgi.”

“I’ll thank him if she notices me.”

 

Seulgi made a cute pout earning some motherly cooing from Wendy. The smaller woman pulls her cheeks and smiled.

 

“Oh she will. Believe me she will.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene sat nervously inside the vehicle as she waited for the red carpet walk. It seemed Seulgi was in the car in front so she wouldn’t be able to see their future boss beforehand. It meant Seulgi and Irene had to improvise how the walk would be.

 

Nervously, Irene tapped her legs as the car came closer to the red carpet.

 

She could see long brown locks in a suit standing.

 

The car stopped and somehow she could see Kang Seulgi’s side profile.

 

Irene breathed out a heavy one before finally asking the driver to open the door.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Cameras were flashing and all Seulgi could do was smile as she got down of her car. She straightened her blazer and waited for Irene’s car to arrive. It was some sort of promotion for their biggest star and Seulgi didn’t decline on the chance.

 

She did however regret she wasn’t looking girly today.

 

Just then, Irene’s car stops and the door slowly opened. Seulgi immediately sees Irene’s legs and her eyes went wide. The young Heiress rushed in front of the door covering their artist.

 

“Where is your blanket?” Seulgi hurriedly asked and Irene would know she had panic in her voice.

 

The actress handed the blanket to S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter