Chapter 17

I Love You

          “Omma, when will we move?” asked ChunJi, sitting next to her mom and hugged her, she looked worried. Her mom changed her point of views to ChunJi then kissed her forehead. “You don’t have to be worried, the question now is, do you wanna move?” asked Mrs.Lee then smiled at ChunJi. ChunJi raised her left eyebrow, “Mom….” ChunJi called, again. Mr.Lee sighed. “Honey, I asked that because,” Mrs.Lee paused; she was interrupted by ChunJi. “Because you are worried about me nowadays?” she said.  Mrs.Lee nodded then ran her fingers through ChunJi’s hair. ChunJi pouted. “Why don’t we bring L’Joe along?” she said in a low tone of voice. Mrs.Lee smirked when she heard that.

          “ChunJi-ah, you already broke up with him! And I wanna ask you one thing; you love him as a what?! Don’t be such a !” Mrs.Lee became angry all of sudden; she couldn’t control her temper. ChunJi glared at Mrs.Lee; she was surprised to hear that her mom called her a ? “Omma, I am not a ! You are!” she exclaimed, furiously. She got up then left Mrs.Lee. ChunJi closed the door roughly.

          As she reached her room, she took her phone then intended to call L’Joe. She stared at her phone and thought once again. Then yes, she did call L’Joe,but now she called using her own number not with a private number like she always did.

            “Hello? Who is this?” L’Joe’s voice could be heard clearly on the phone. ChunJi didn’t say anything, she cried. “Hello?” said L’Joe once again then paused. “What the ,” he ended the call. ChunJi smirked as she heard that, and then wiped her tears. “L’Joe-ah, sorry” she moved her phone further from her ear then started to cry again. She thought about the moving plans then made a decision; she didn’t wanna move. ChunJi walked in her parents’ room then looked at her mom, “I don’t wanna move,” she said then immediately walked out of the room; didn’t wanna hear her mom’s ‘speech’ anymore. Mrs.Lee responded with a sigh then pushed herself on her bed. ChunJi’s parents agreed with her, so….they cancelled their plans about moving to Japan.

______________________________________________________________________________

-4 months later- (October)

“L’Joe!!”Shouted WooHyun, sounded totally excited. L’Joe turned around as he heard his name being called out, WooHyun was running towards him. “WooHyun! JunHyung! SungYeol!” he shouted back then waved at them. “I miss you!” shouted WooHyun then immediately hugged L’Joe, tightly.

L’Joe patted on WooHyun’s back roughly “I….can’t breathe,” L’Joe tried to shout but his voice was cracking, luckily, WooHyun heard him then let go his hands. He sighed “Sorry for that, I am so happy to see you!” he shouted then ended with a laughed. “Hey” approached JunHyung, L’Joe smiled at him. “Where have you been?” asked JunHyung, putting his arm around L’Joe’s shoulders. “Where were you? We’ve been wondering, we tried to call you for like thousand times!” complained SungYeol, sounded unsatisfied. L’Joe bit his lower lip then looked down, “sorry, don’t take it seriously, I’ve been working, I need money to pay my debt…
 answered L’Joe then looked at his friend with a smile hovered on his lips. “Chill, dude, I understand you,” WooHyun patted L’Joe’s shoulder.

          “Yah, you already your phone?” asked JunHyung, suddenly changed their topic of conversation just now. L’Joe scratched his head. “Already! Whoa! Messages and missed calls, I couldn’t count them when I my phone yesterday,” L’Joe ended his talk with a chuckle. Suddenly, his phone rang.

          “Once again,”he said then took out his phone from his pocket, “Unknown number…” said L’Joe then answered the call. “Who are you?” he asked, immediately. “L’Joe-ah…..this is me, ChunJi,” said ChunJi, in a low voice. L’Joe paused; he was surprised to hear that. “ChunJi-ah….” He said, JunHyung, WooHyun and SungYeol looked at him at the same time with a surprised expression as they heard ChunJi’s name.

         “L’Joe-oppa, I want to meet you,”answered ChunJi “Where?” he asked, the two of them sounded sad. “My house.” Answered ChunJi then immediately ended the call. L’Joe moved his phone further from his ear; smiling; but his eyes were flooded with tears.

          “L’Joe, are you okay?”asked JunHyung, worried. “Was that ChunJi? What did she say?” asked SungYeol, curiously. WooHyun just raised his eyebrows as a sign of what; happened? L’Joe just responded by shaking his head then with a smile hovered on his lips.

______________________________________________________________________________

L’Joe took a deep breath then let it out in relief, he closed his eyes; looked totally nervous. He pressed the doorbell. ChunJi who kept waiting for him in the living room immediately opened the door. ChunJi smiled as she saw L’Joe standing right in front of her. L’Joe forced himself to smile back.

          “Come in,”invited ChunJi, she didn’t look at L’Joe’s face. L’Joe just nodded. The two of them acted like they just knew each other. He walked inside, and then looked at ChunJi, she smiled at L’Joe. “ChunJi-ah…” he said. He grabbed ChunJi’s hand then pulled her; ChunJi was surprised to see L’Joe acted like that. ChunJi became more surprised as L’Joe suddenly hugged her; he ran his fingers through ChunJi’s hair softly; his lips nearly met with ChunJi’s, “I miss you, I think about you all day long,” they were about to kiss but, Mr.Lee interrupted them.

          “L’Joe-ah! What are you doing!” exclaimed, Mr.Lee. ChunJi immediately pushed L’Joe then he fell on the floor. “Sorry,” ChunJi apologized with a low tone of voice then walked further from him. L’Joe looked down. “L’Joe,” called Mr.Lee and that made L’Joe changed his point of views to Mr.Lee. “Don’t do that to her, she’s your younger sister, biological sister,” said Mr.Lee, L’Joe’s eyes became wide as he heard that, “I am dreaming…” said L’Joe then shook his head, he didn’t believe what he saw and what did he hear just now. Mr.Lee hunkered then looked at L’Joe, “Look at me, you’re not dreaming, it’s me ByungHun” said Mr.Lee then ended with a smile hovered on his lips. L’Joe looked at him, and yes, Mr.Lee was telling the truth, L’Joe could recognize him; he bit his lower lip and his eyes were flooded with tears. Mr.Lee got up and so did L’Joe. L’Joe immediately hugged his dad; he cried; he was too happy to meet his dad back but one thing he couldn’t accept was his relationship with ChunJi.

          “ByungHun, I am sorry, your mom has told me everything, she has admitted her fault, and we’ve been looking for you till ChunJi has grown up….” Mr.Lee paused; he moved himself further from L’Joe then looked at him with his wet eyes. “I gave up,” Mr.Lee couldn’t hold himself from crying, “We thought you already die, sorry” he continued his talk then looked down. L’Joe didn’t say anything; he just listened to his father’s explanation.

           “Can I call you,… appa?” asked L’Joe, his voice was cracking. Mr.Lee nodded with a smile hovered on his lips. “You’re my first child,” answered Mr.Lee. “Appa,” he called his dad once again then sniffed. Mrs.Lee and ChunJi appeared behind them; L’Joe changed his point of views to Mrs.Lee then ran towards her. Mrs.Lee hugged L’Joe, “I am sorry, SON” she apologized. L’Joe totally missed the word SON, since her mom’s death 9 years ago, L’Joe never heard of the S.O.N word even from his father. ChunJi covered with her palms then started to cry. “Omma, don’t leave me again,” begged L’Joe with a cry. Mrs.Lee shook his head. “Oppa,” called ChunJi then touched L’Joe’s arm. L’Joe changes his point of views to ChunJi then smiled at her.