Pulled Two Different Directions

Challenge Accepted - Peniel

The chime on his phone sounded as he wandered around the Campus store with Jenny, with her distracted with the shirts and different designs of clothing. Peniel pulled out his phone and checked the new message that he received. Tapping on your message, he clicked on the notes and saw your writing and how in depth and detailed they were. Smiling softly, he read your little note at the end of the pictures and positioned his thumbs over the screen to text you back.

“How does this look?” Jenny questioned, holding up a shirt to her figure as she turned to Peniel who was beginning to text you. “Excuse me!”

Peniel glanced up from his phone after he sent you a text back, his eyes lifting to Jenny, her hand resting on her hip as her face contorted in an angered confusion.

“Who were you texting?” She questioned possessively, moving around to try and see who texted as another message sounded.

Slipping his phone into the front pocket of his jeans, he slid his hands into his pockets as he shrugged his shoulders lightly.

“Just a friend” Peniel tried to brush it off like it was no one.

“What did your friend have to say then?” Jenny probed as she slowly started to let down her protective guard slightly.

“Just notes and I may hang out with her this weekend” Peniel tried to stay vague yet he let one word slip from his lips that shouldn’t have.

“Her?” Jenny snapped around not liking that he was hanging out with other girls than just her.

“You already met her, she was on my left in the last class” Peniel explained carefully, “She is an old friend, we’ve known each other for years.”

“Still, she shouldn’t be talking to you knowing that you are taken” Her voice sang towards the end as she placed the shirt back on the rack.

“She is my friend and I’m not going to stop talking to her just because I have a girlfriend” Peniel stated as he walked behind her as she began to move to another section of the store.

“Why not?” Jenny snapped her head around, stopping dead in her tracks as her black hair spread across her shoulders as she now stood right in front of him, her body language demanding an answer.

“I can have other friends than just you, I can hang out with friends too. We don’t have to be together all of the time, you know.” Peniel knew that he was treading on thin ice and was careful with the words that he used and tried to keep his tone quiet and soft to not set her off too much.

“I don’t mind if you hang out with guy friends, but you can’t hang out with any girls ‘cause you have me” She flipped her hair over her shoulder as she turned back around and pulled a shirt off of the rack, lifting it up to him, she tilted her head from side to side before she lifted her eyes to meet his.

“She can’t come over this weekend okay?” Jenny’s large, perfect eyes locked with his.

Peniel’s voice tightened as an unsettling feeling set into the pit of his stomach as only one question came to his mind, “Why not?”

“I’m going to hang out with you this weekend” She smiled as she exchanged the shirt hanging from her hands for another shirt on the rack.

“Don’t you have your nail appointment and you were going to have that slumber party with your girlfriends?” Peniel reminded her knowing that she talked about it all too often and was far too excited to cancel those plans.

“I do but I can just move it to a different day” She tipped her head from side to side as she held up the shirt to his figure again.

“You should go, I wouldn’t want your friends to get angry at me” Peniel tried to wiggle his way out of it

“They won’t, they love you too much” She giggled as she returned the shirt to the rack and then slipped her hand into his and pulled him to another part of the store.

“What if I wanted to hang out with my guy friend this weekend?” Peniel quizzed her

“That would be totally okay” She replied as she looked over random trinkets in the store.

“So I can hang out with guy friends but not girls?” Peniel wanted to clarify as he pulled her hand making her look at him.

“Mhmmm~” Jenny hummed as Peniel bit his tongue

“What if it is school related and I needed to work with a girl for a school project?” He quizzed, intrigued now on what her “rules” were for the relationship.

“Then you would need to talk to your teacher and see if you could have a boy partner or I would need to be there with you and her so that I could watch you and make sure that you didn’t try something” Jenny seriously explained as Peniel his lips and nodded his head slightly.