lift me up

Clouds

warnings: fluff overdose, mentions of , too cliched to be called normal.


It's a nice winter morning. Chilly, to say the least, as it had been snowing the entire night before. 

They've decided to stay in, not like they would go to work on a day like that anyway. The central heating is on, Kyungsoo was snuggled in bed, they had leftover food to munch on if hungry- overall, Jongin was pleased with how the day was passing.

He plonks himself on the bed, almost spilling the two mugs of hot chocolate he had prepared tiresomely in the kitchen. Kyungsoo squeaks, reaching out to steady Jongin, who looks equally helpless. 

They manage to save both the mugs (Kyungsoo placing them on the window sill), but not without minor injury- when Jongin's hand gets burnt with some splashes of the steaming milk.

Kyungsoo jumps out of bed, running to the bathroom and turning with a wet cloth. He sits on the edge of the bed, wiping Jongin's hand with it, a frown and pout on his face. 

"I'm so sorry love," He apologises, looking up at Jongin, only to see him smiling. He frowns deeper, stopping his movements of first aid on Jongin's hand. "What?" He asks, suspiciously.

"I'm okay, Soo." Jongin says, bringing up one of Kyungsoo's hand to kiss it. Kyungsoo blushes and scoffs, pulling it away and eyeing Jongin with distaste. 

"I was trying to help," Kyungsoo throws the cloth to the corner of the room and crawls back into bed. "I shouldn't have let you make the hot chocolate." He pouts when Jongin opens his arms to call him into his embrace, complying to his request and squeezing into the warmth.

Jongin hums, "It's the least I could do for you, Soo." He says, kissing the top of Kyungsoo's head. Kyungsoo nuzzles further, thoroughly enjoying all the special treatment he was getting one day before his birthday, and on the day they both decided to stay at home.

Kyungsoo smiles at Jongin and leans in closer. Jongin meets him halfway into a sweet kiss, before pulling away- only to lean in again. 

The kiss goes on for what seems like hours, the gentle slide of lips with the occasional Jongin who gets playful and tickles Kyungsoo's neck, and Kyungsoo giggles and by the time they part, they're panting deeply, but there are beautiful smiles gracing their features.

"The hot chocolate is cold, dear." Kyungsoo whispers before pecking Jongin again, this time, placing a hand against the younger's chest to stop him from stealing anymore kisses. Jongin pouts at this, complaining about how unfair it is for Kyungsoo to get the last kiss and this and that. 

Kyungsoo hands him the hot chocolate, sticking out his tongue cutely and nuzzling back with his head against Jongin's shoulder.  Jongin pulls him closer by the shoulder and Kyungsoo cuddles closer and hums appreciatively when he inhales Jongin's scent.

Jongin looks over, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Your smell." Kyungsoo replies innocently.

"Creep." Jongin accuses, earning a rightful, but weak smack on his chest from Kyungsoo. He laughs sweetly, kissing Kyungsoo on the forehead. "You know something, Soo?" 

Kyungsoo takes a sip from his, now, warm chocolate. "Yes?" He asks, when Jongin doesn't continue.

"Tomorrow is your birthday." 

Kyungsoo resists the urge to smack him again. "I know, Jongin." He tips Jongin's mug so the other takes a sip as well. 

"Yesterday was mine." 

Kyungsoo frowns, "Are you feeling fine, love?" He asks, peering up at Jongin weirdly. "I mean, I know I didn't get you anything special but last night was-" 

"Hush," There's a finger against his lip and Kyungsoo stares at it disapprovingly wide eyes. "I got us something." Kyungsoo waits a few seconds before responding, disappointment in his voice. 

"We agreed to not get each other anything this year." 

Jongin kisses his forehead, "I know, I know. But I saw this the other day and I thought how much you'd love it, so I couldn't resist." He pokes Kyungsoo's nose cutely. Kyungsoo ponders over this awhile, eyes wandering about, possibly in contemplation of what he could possibly want so much that Jongin would go out and get it for him. 

"Well," Kyungsoo says, "Out with it, then." He looks at Jongin pointedly, who in turn, just rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Ah," Jongin straightens up a bit, "You have to search for it." 

Kyungsoo groans, falling back against the pillows with his arms flailing about. "Just give it to me, Jongin." He rolls over, propping his head up on his hand and poking Jongin's tummy with the other. 

"What's the fun in that?" Jongin quips, crossing his arms and leaning back. "You're cold, by the way." 

This wasn't the first time they'd played this game. The one where you hide gifts and make the other search, while you judge on whether the location is close or far from the person- hot or cold.

Kyungsoo raises a challenging eyebrow. He sits up and touches the shelf. "Now?" 

"Freezing." Jongin states, reverting his attention to the wall in front of them. 

Kyungsoo returns to where Jongin is sitting. "Now?" 

"Room temperature." Jongin says, looking sideways at Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo scoffs, rubbing a hand against his face. "That's not even valid!" He argues, but continues on his search anyway, edging closer and closer to Jongin by the minute. "Now?" 

"Warm. It's pretty small...by the way." Jongin says slowly and Kyungsoo lunges on top of him, rubbing his hands all over Jongin's body and even under him. Jongin squeaks powerlessly when there are hands under his , groping, and doing all other inappropriate things. 

"Is it your ?" Kyungsoo asks, naughty gleam in his eyes.

"No!" Jongin counters incredulously, "And my is not small!" He huffs, lips forming a small pout. 

"Oh I know." Kyungsoo winks and Jongin blushes, muttering, 'of course you do' under his breath.

"Where is it!" Kyungsoo demands, lying almost completely on top of Jongin by now. They're so so close, Jongin can feel Kyungsoo's breath tickle his neck. As if on cue, Kyungsoo turns his head so that his lips completely in front of Jongin's. "Now?" He whispers, breath fanning Jongin's mouth.

"Hot." Jongin's voice is almost an octave lower, his eyes not leaving Kyungsoo's lips. Kyungsoo gulps, only to lean in to capture Jongin's lips in a kiss. It's not as slow, but it speaks a thousand words and Jongin's heart is beating erratically against his chest when Kyungsoo holds the side of his neck to guide him. He moans low in his throat when Kyungsoo nibbles on his bottom lip to ask for entrance. 

"Kyungsoo," He whispers suddenly, pulling away with hooded eyes. Kyungsoo looks surprised at the interruption. Before he can retaliate, however, Jongin speaks. "Check my pockets." His voice is soft and nervous and Kyungsoo's expression immediately changes as he remembers the gift.

He's soon got his hands all the way down Jongin's hoodie's pockets, frowning when he doesn't really feel anything hard there. 

Jongin looks nervously as Kyungsoo sits on him, opening the pouch in attempts to scoop up whats inside. When he does empty the contents in the hollow of his palm does he feel his mind blank out. 

There are two rings- platinum, Kyungsoo presumes, beautifully polished and beautifully simple with engravings inside of them. He stiffens up, feeling his throat dry, looking them (and not Jongin) pointedly, not really sure what to do when Jongin's voice breaks his reverie.

"Soo, I'm not one for cheesy things but this is for you," Kyungsoo bites his lip anxiously when Jongin takes his hands in his own. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me and I love you so so much, I want you to be mine. Mine today, mine tomorrow, mine forever." 

Kyungsoo is smiling by now, the whole situation coming off as too absurd to even be true. But it sinks in, slowly and steadily and Kyungsoo's heart is beating uncontrollably in his chest and his smile is uncontrollably wide and he realises how uncontrollably in love with Jongin he actually is.

"Do Kyungsoo, will you do me the honour of marrying me?" 

Kyungsoo laughs- full of mirth and joy and love. He leans into Jongin and kisses his forehead. "Yes," he whispers against the skin. "A thousand times yes, my love." He rests his own forehead against Jongin's, looking down and into his eyes, which, he notices, are as glossy as his own.

Jongin is the first to kiss him now and Kyungsoo willingly kisses back, too happy to protest to anything, really. They part multiple times, whispering sweet nothings in between kisses, and Jongin pauses briefly to slide the ring into Kyungsoo's fourth finger. "It looks beautiful." Kyungsoo comments, looking at his hand from a distance. 

Jongin thinks it looks decent as well.

He's about to voice this when Kyungsoo fishes out Jongin's left hand. "Can I put it on for you?" Kyungsoo asks, lips formed into that pretty heart-shaped smile. Jongin nods, and Kyungsoo does just that, bringing his hand up to his lips and kissing it thereafter.

"I love you." He hides his shy smile behind Jongin's palm- the latter laughing at how incredibly cute his boyfriend- no, fiance, could be. 

"And I love you." He ruffles Kyungsoo's hair, "Did you like the gift?" 

 Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "I don't know...I think it's the colour..." He starts off and chuckles at Jongin's lame attempts to hit him. He lays back down on Jongin, resting the side of his head on his chest. He can hear Jongin's heartbeat like this. "Of course, you idiot." He replies, nuzzling into the skin. 


 

no proofreading- 

i need to practice fluff :o so i'll be uploading more such plotless plotlines (lol) 
lemme know if you like!