setting the future

I Choose You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So, what’s the plan tonight?” Luna asks from the kitchen.

“I have plans with Nichkhun. The four of you can go out for dinner without me.” I answer as I choose what to wear.

I hear a scoff and see Amber roll her eyes before saying “We know. It’s obvious from the way you’ve spent 20 minutes choosing your shoes alone… But we’re still curious.”

“We’re watching a movie… somewhere far from the city. Don’t wait up for me. Bye!”

 

He took me to a local cinema theater in the outskirts of Seoul. We watch a movie, eating popcorn, and drinking soda. It’s the most typical date we ever had… off screen, at least. I hear him giggle so I turn to look and ask what he’s thinking of. He recalls our date at the movie theater when we were given the task to perform a dance together. It’s one of my most memorable experiences filming We Got Married. I got to dance, my passion, and with none other than him. If I only knew how sad the past years have been without him, I would’ve kissed him then, even make the first move, just before the virtual elevator closes. I blush at the thought of it and hope he doesn’t see.

 

---

 

I go from dreamy to panic mode in a matter of seconds. I wake up an hour later than I’m supposed to. I rush to shower and prepare my things. I’d better skip breakfast and hope I arrive at the company early enough to order a cup of coffee.

 

I do arrive early. Having skipped the cooking and eating part of breakfast, I get to the company 30 minutes early. I order my regular brewed coffee and a cheese sandwich. Ready to start the day, I start to walk towards the elevators, texting Nichkhun, when I see her with a small smile on her face.

 

“Victoria. Hi.”

Most times, I wonder how she can look so pretty and be sociable so early in the morning. Even with her bare face and loose sweats, she’s still the pretty girl standing next to him a year ago.

 

“Hi Tiffany.”

It’s a surprise I still managed to keep my cool

Please log in to read the full chapter