the choice

I Choose You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Choose."

This is the only thing he says when I opened the door. I look at his twinkling eyes, and then at his smiling lips. Finally, I look at his hands. One of them is holding a plastic lavender pot of miniature roses while the other is holding a rose-shaped plate with samgyupsal.

I eye him suspiciously, trying not to smile.

I hear the kids sniggering as they peek through the bedroom doorframe. They hide as I turn to look at them.

"What are these?"

"A houseplant and some food."

"I know that." I roll my eyes but my smile blows my cover away.

He relaxes a bit and smiles a bit wider. He finally explains, probably tired of fidgeting in the cold air outside the house.

"I know you love houseplants, and you love samgyupsal, and you like roses in general... but you don't like being given flowers. I was torn between these two so just take your pick, you may not choose at all." He looks down slightly then looks into my eyes when he says "All I want is to go on an official date with you."

I laugh. It's inappropriate, given the fact that he's nervously standing here with two hands full. However, this situation's funny. After a year of pretending to be married, he's here asking for a date.

I get both from his hands and he seems confused.

"Thank you for these. I'll keep them both but I pick the third option the best. I choose to go on a date with you."

"Victoria..." He grins and leans close

Please log in to read the full chapter