Truth

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

I felt a lump stuck in my throat as my eyes stared at the man covered in blood before me. My hands covered my mouth as I realized how bad his condition was. He lifted his head and stared deeply into my watery eyes. 'I'm fine..' the ends of his lips curled up and it made my heart ache even more. 'Stop acting like you are, dummy..' I yelled at him, frustrated by his stubborn attitude. 

'Yes..back to topic sweetheart. Don't you want to hear the truth?' the man beside me crossed his arms and stared at the chained up man with a pathetic look. 'Actions can be deceiving dear and he has done so much, you would be shocked of his true evil self.' I frowned at his words as Ken lowered his head. 

'Before he joined your pack, he was the guardian of this Blood Prison. A place where most of your ancestors were tortured and killed in the most horrid way. The person to execute it is my very good son here.' his crimson eyes turned to Ken with a delighted look before he continued. 'One day, he left this place because he was tired of it and wanted a new life. So, he joined your pack.' he now gave me a grin as if he was having fun with his story telling session. 

My brows furrowed together as I said in a stern voice, 'What he did to my ancestors were in the past, I don't care about the past anymore.' at the corner of my eye, I noticed Ken made a little movement but slumped he back after a moment. 'That isn't the nice part sweetheart. A person's personality can never change and he was no exception. He joined your pack and so accidentally fell in love with you.'

'That was definitely shocking news to me. I never knew a demon like him had a heart.' his awful chuckle made me glare at him as he continued, 'After waiting for another 24 years, he could finally get you as his but an outcast got to you first and you had your first child.' my stomach was filled with butterflies as I was reminded of the awful memory. 

He continued his story, staring at the man chained to the wall. 'Then one day, he came to take your child away. He just wanted you but not the child you were protecting with your life at that time.' he turned to me with his voice raised a little. 'What are you talking about?' my frowns got deeper and my head started to make sense of what he just said.

'The eyes you saw that night, was no other's but his. He injected his virus into the vein connected to the baby. That was his way of getting rid of what he thinks as a hindrance to obtain you. Isn't that right? Jaehwan-ah..' I snapped my head towards Ken and his head was stil kept low.

I went towards him immediately, I cupped his face in my trembling hands, I asked him, 'Was it really you?' his eyes were shut as tears glide down his left cheek. When he opened his eyes, my heart stopped. His eyes were crimson at one and hazel at the other. The eyes from that day were identical to his. I pulled my hands away and tears started to prickle my eyes. 'How..can you..? Why!??' I yelled at him with anger.

After so many betrayals and now him? My heart was filled with hatred as I clenched my fists into tight balls. 'Yura..' 'NOOO!!! DO NOT CALL MY NAME!!' I screamed at him and slammed my hands on the icy gravel. His eyes were desperate and filled with pain as he stared into my rageful eyes. 'Do you know what the child meant to me? How could you do this and act like nothing has happened?!! I HATE YOU!!' 

I glared into his eyes before getting up to leave. Memories of that night came flowing in like it was yesterday. I regret so much trusting him, thinking that he might be better. I was wrong AGAIN!! I'm so sick of my life. Soon, I was out of the prison. The air was stale and cold. An evil aura reeked throughout the place I was disgusted by it totally. I changed into my wolf and ran out of the forest as quickly as I could to escape the evilness of it.

My paws pounded onto the ground with determination as I head back to the castle. I was huffing and puffing exhausted emotionally and physically when I reached the room. I returned to my human form before picking the child up from the bed. My arms wrapped around his small figure tighter as tears fell from my eyes. My mind realizing that I have no one now. I'm on my own. 

===============================