Humans are dangerous

ReVamp

 

The very first thing Taeyeon learnt from the beginning of her time, was that humans are dangerous and to stay away from them at all cost. Through her schooling years, she was taught all the horrible things a human can do and how debilitating they are if she were to ever get into contact with them. It was even a mandatory subject that everyone in school has to take each year and at least get a 75% passing grade to be promoted the following year. That was how serious their education system was in approaching the subject of humans.

 

Sometimes, Taeyeon wondered if they are being too paranoid and perhaps a little ungrateful, considering how humans were once part of their dietary requirements. Ugh. Taeyeon cringed at that thought. While they don't eat humans per se, humans are rich in iron, an essential dietary nutrient that their kind need to survive. However, having plagued by dieases for centuries that they literally ingested knowingly, her people finally decided that enough was enough. They managed to manufacture their own haemoglobin (free of human diseases) and the rest were history. And since they no longer rely on humans to supply iron, her people are finally free to draw the humans in the worst light as they deem fit but not without fear of the species whom live in the concrete jungles that her kind were warned to strictly stay clear from. 

 

Other than the history of mankind, which were rather boring in Taeyeon's eyes that she never really remember them once the exams were over, there are a few important take away points that were instilled in her mind from young.

 

One. Humans are addictive. They are like drugs, and once you get addicted, it's going to be a straight route spiralling down to depths of unknown. Flashes of disgusting photos came to Taeyeon's mind as she remembered the pictures her teachers showed in class to deter any forms of connection to the humans. Taeyeon cringed again at those memories, wishing never ever to see those images again.

 

Two. Humans are dieases-striken. In no way a vampire should drink from a human. It is a dishonourable and punishable crime that they will be banished to the human world if found, to prevent diseases from spreading to their own population again. Now, why would she do that? Taeyeon thought to herself. Haemoglobin is easily accessible so why would any vampire even want to drink from a human?

 

Three. Humans have scary dark brown eyes. They are the worst kinds. While red orbs are the normal colours her kind possesses, there are a variety of other colours ranging from green to blue but never brown. Brown eyes are very much the first indication of the human species if she were ever to be so unlucky to bump into one and in case of emergency, never to look into those dark brown eyes for more than 10 seconds or she will be lost forever. Or so she has been taught. 

 

Four. Humans can be manipulative. This point was usually connected to the third. Her teachers used to ramble on and on about how humans will stare into them and mesmorize the crap out of you if you looked into their eyes for 10 seconds. Afterwhich, they will manipulate you into doing things you never thought you would ever do. So, never ever engage a human and run when you still can.

 

Last but not least, human's bite are deadly. While the consequences of a human bite were never specified, Taeyeon found it rather ironic or even hilarious that her kind are actually afraid of the human bite when they are the ones with fangs. Then again, everyone fears the unknown, which Taeyeon rationalised as the reason why her ancestors never disclosed the actual consequences of a deadly human bite and leave everyone speculating. What's the worst thing you can think of? Death? A lifetime of paralysis? No one knows.

 

So why is Taeyeon going through all the teachings she has learnt in school again? She wondered as she lied in bed with her eyes closed.

 

She probably has to go back to 3 months ago, on her 21st birthday when she whimsically decided to do something adventurous for once in her life. A story she can tell her children in the future about, though she is skeptical if she would have any. So, against all warning signs and reminders to stay away from humans, Taeyeon did one thing she shouldn't have done -- venture into the concrete jungle.

 

Granted, Taeyeon was adamant that she would be very careful and not engage any humans but things never go the way anyone intended them to. Besides, forget about the human brown eyes, the store lights were mesmorizing enough to have distracted Taeyeon once she managed to slip out of her den under the shadow of the night and into the concrete jungle where the humans reside.

 

Before Taeyeon could regain herself, she found herself in a 24 hour convenience store, staring at the shelf packed full with gummy bears. Oh dear. Haemoglobin? They have plenty. But this. Now this is a scarce commodity that Taeyeon could barely get her hands on one a year. She was practically in heaven. How dare they? That was Taeyeon's second thought. How could the humans stock up on so many bags of gummy bears while the vampires are deprived of such delicacy? Taeyeon would have grabbed the whole lot of them and stashed them under her bed but that would be too conspicous. She settled for one miserable bag, thinking that rationing should be able to last her a year. Just as she was about to walk out, a husky voice by the counter stopped her.

 

"Are you going to pay for that?"

 

Taeyeon's fight or flight instinct kicked in and she contemplated running for it. 

 

"That would be three thousand won." The voice added.

 

Before Taeyeon could help it, she turned towards the woman by the counter and met her eyes. Damn, no. . NO. Oh my gosh. I did not just look into her eyes. . They are brown. Ugh. I am dead. I am so dead.

 

"Miss?" A rose of the brows.

 

Taeyeon quickly looked away, remembering rule number 3. Her eyes landed on the tag on the woman's chest.

 

Tiffany. Hmm, a nice name.

 

"It's alright. You can have it, it's on the house."

 

What?

 

Taeyeon's eyes shot back up and met her eyes again, only to see her eyes turned into smiling crescents. 

 

No, no, no. Humans are manipulative. She has ulterior motives. Oh my gosh, why did I look at her eyes again?! Has it been ten seconds already? How do they even count for the ten seconds? Is it accumulative or what? Oh no, don't look, don't look!

 

Taeyeon stood frozen in place as she started to get lost in those brown orbs.

 

Oh no oh no oh no. GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF. Taeyeon shook her head.

 

"It's okay, take it. It's on the house, for a cutie like you." Tiffany chuckled.

 

Taeyeon gasped.

 

"No!" With all her will power, she finally managed to force out a rejection only to gasp again. She did not just engage the human!

 

"Why not? A free bag for you if you come back again!" Tiffany winked.

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Taeyeon quickly ran without a word.

 

It was too late. Taeyeon knew she had fallen into the despicable human's trap. Those eyes were just like what her textbooks have repeatedly warned her. Not to mention how manipulative the humans are, for Taeyeon found herself in the same store just a few days later. A fact she realised only after numerous visit to the same store. It wasn't Taeyeon's fault, she reassured herself. It's just that the lure of the gummy bears were too much to bear.  

 

Fastforward three months later, Taeyeon couldn't help wonder if she was beyond help. 

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

Just then, there was movement beside her and Taeyeon held her breath, lying stiffly on her back. The figure shifted closer to her and wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's waist as she snuggled into Taeyeon's embrace.

 

"Taetae? Why aren't you sleeping?" Tiffany asked, voice hoarse from their earlier activity.

 

"Nothing, go back to sleep." Taeyeon replied, blushing slightly as she thought of what had transpired earlier that night. Taeyeon unknowingly reached to caress the wound on her own neck and suddenly became overwhelmed with fear. 

 

Am I going to die? Taeyeon's eyes widened in realisation. She was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't realised Tiffany was looking at her inquisitively.

 

Tiffany shifted again, dragging her leg against Taeyeon's inner thigh cruelly slow as she straddled Taeyeon.

 

"Wha.. what are you...you doing?" Taeyeon stuttered as she was allowed the full front view of Tiffany's birthday suit.

 

Tiffany smirked as she took Taeyeon's hand away from her neck and leaned in, kissing the bite mark Tiffany had left on her earlier.

 

"Tiff... Tiff... fany?" Taeyeon tried to suppress the moan that threatened to spill from inside her.

 

Deadly. Definitely deadly. That thought crossed Taeyeon's mind vaguely as Tiffany bit her neck gently before her mind clouded over. Taeyeon's eyes glowed in bright red as she flipped Tiffany on her back and hovered over her. Trailing kisses from Tiffany's jaws to neck, Taeyeon could feel her control slowly falling out of her grasp. Taeyeon could feel Tiffany's pulse and damn, Tiffany smell so good. Taeyeon finally realised why their kind can be tempted to drink from a human, artificially produced haemoglobin could never match the real unadulterated version. Tiffany's blood has an intoxicating smell that numbed her senses causing her fangs to emerge despite Taeyeon's deperate attempts to keep them in.

 

"Taetae, you don't have to hold back." Tiffany whispered in her ears. "Take me."

 

it. Taeyeon let out a growl. She had broken enough rules to be banished forever, what is it to her to break the very last one?

 

With that in mind, Taeyeon sunk her fangs into Tiffany's neck.

 

Humans are dangerous indeed.