Marriage? Think Again!

Marriage? Think Again.

Staring at your reflection in the mirror you pretended to smile for your family and friends that stood behind you happily cheering you on for what supposed to be, “the happiest day of your life”. Slowly processing the fact that the past four months had flown by in what seemed like a mere second you finally realized that day you dreaded most had finally arrived. You were finally getting tied down at the mere age of twenty two in which normal people your age would have been finishing their last year of college you were stuck in an arranged marriage with someone you had only met a year before!

 

Kim Youngbin.

 

That was the name of your husband-to-be, now you did not hate the guy of course, I mean that would be a little too far! However, you certainly were not prepared mentally nor physically as to what was about to occur! Out of the past five meetings that you have had with Youngbin it never seemed as if he cared nor wanted to be within your presents! Not that you were complaining, however, since you two were to be married you had hoped that he would at least have shown some sort of interest.

 

“Are you ready, honey?” Your mom asked despite the worry that was plastered on her face.

 

Letting out a breath, and plastering the biggest yet fakest smile you could muster you turned to her, “Never better, Mom. Never better.”

 

Letting out a sniffle she cried, “Aw my baby girl! Already ready to leave me!”

 

“Mom” You dramatically cried out, “It’s not like that!”

 

“I know honey, I know.” She said as she quickly wiped her tears being careful not to smudge her eye makeup.

 

“Is the bride ready yet?” A voice called from down the hall.

 

in a deep breath you grabbed your dress and said, “Let’s get the show over with.”

 

As your bridesmaids helped you up you tried to swallow the nerves that were currently running in your stomach. Although this was supposed to be the most important day of your life, you just were not sure as to how it would all play out. Shaking your head you tried to calm yourself as much as possible.

 

As you made your way down the red carpeted hall the only sounds you could hear was of the tap that was made from your heels hitting the carpet and the shuffle of your wedding dress as you made your way down the hall. As you got closer to the door that blocked you from viewing your future husband as well as your honored guests, you could hear your mother’s sniffles’ become louder.

 

Feeling a small smile stretch upon your lips you tightened your grip on your wedding dress. “Showtime.” You thought to yourself as you watched the wooden doors open.

 

“One step, two step, smile, three step, four steps.” That was the only thing that ran through your mind as you entered the brightly lit room. From the corner of your eye you could see the envy that was displayed on some of the guests, friends, of Youngbin you assumed. As you got closer to Youngbin you could feel everyone’s eyes on the both of you.

 

Before you knew it you had finally arrived in front of Youngbin, for the first time, a small smile was displayed on his face. Placing your hand in his palm you felt his grip tighten over your hand as he slowly pulled you to his side. Facing the minister of justice you wondered if Youngbin was feeling the same emotions that constantly ran through your mind.

 

As the minister continued with the program you could feel the weight of your dress start to weigh you down. The nerves that you once had finally calmed down and you were ready to get the ceremony over with. Before you or Youngbin knew it, it was finally time to announce your vows to not only each other, but to the rest of your guests.

 

As you and Youngbin faced each other you could feel the blush start to increase on your face, what would he say? Did he even have anything to say?

 

Smiling Youngbin softly spoke, “Today with this ring I not only become your husband, but I become your best friend. I become the person that hopefully throughout this marriage you will not only lean on, but learn from. I’m very happy to be yours from now on.”

 

As Youngbin finished you could hear the sobs and tears start to increase in the room.

 

Softly smiling, you let out a short breath. Grabbing the ring you slowly placed it on Youngbin’s finger, “And with this ring I’ll try to become the best wife that I can be, but that starts with us and not me.”

 

As everyone clapped you could feel the nerves kicking in. It was almost time for you two to kiss. However, the problem was, you had never gotten your first kiss.

 

As the minister went back to reading his memorized script you prayed that time could go slower, you were more than nervous for the kiss. How would it go? Would it be awkward? What if you forgot to close your eyes? All these thoughts ran through your mind as the clock ticked faster and faster.

 

Before even you or Youngbin knew it, it was already time for the kiss. As your hands began to clamp due to your body’s rise in heat, you wondered if Youngbin was in the same state as you. And by the looks of it, he surprisingly, looked calm.

 

Placing his right hand upon your chin, and then his left covering your face from the views of the guests, He slowly pulled your face closer and closer until you both were only millimeters apart. As he took one final breath Youngbin leaned forward and connected his lips against yours.

 

As you closed your eyes in shock, you felt his soft plump lips brush against the top. Before you even knew it he had pulled away, and you had opened your eyes. Shouts and screams filled the room as everyone expressed their joy for the both of you.

 

Feeling your face blush in numerous shades of pinks and reds you knew that this was just the beginning of what was to come for the night. As the piano began to play its march once again Youngbin gently loosened his grip on your hand and slowly tugged you forward as he led the both of you down the aisle. As you walked passed your mother you could see her tear streaked face, the realization that her little baby was no longer hers but of the man that she was forced to marry.

 

As you got further and further away from your family and the guests the only thought that ran through your mind was, what now? The last six months of your life was all made in preparation for this one day. Now that the ceremony had completed there wasn’t anything else left to sought after about. No more worrying about your family and definitely no more worries about your old friends.

 

As you walked out of the building and towards the front where your limo awaited for you and your husband you knew that you were more than ready to get this over with. Hopefully your husband felt the same as well. As you thanked the security guard for opening the door for you, you struggled with getting the rest of your dress into the vehicle. Before you could ask for help you felt the rest of the material brush against your arm.

 

In confusion you turned your head only to see that Youngbin was helping you in your crisis. Motioning with his hand he urged you to quickly get inside the limo. As you awkwardly sat down in the cushioned leather seat you knew that your life would never be the same. As Youngbin bid goodbye to the security guard and placed his seatbelt on you couldn’t tell whether or not he felt the same fleeting emotions as you were.

 

Grasping your hand with his Youngbin slowly turned to you, “Is...this okay?”

 

Letting out a soft gasp you quickly replied, “O-Of course. Why wouldn’t it be, I mean we are married.”

 

Letting out a chuckle he responded, “Are you sure? I mean you practically looked like you were dreading this earlier?”

 

Rolling your eyes you said, “Don’t act like you weren’t doing that either!”

 

Scoffing Youngbin pushed your hand away with a snarky reply he said, “Well just you wait now, this is going to be one heck of a honeymoon.”