Wedding Fever and Lastly Forgiveness

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jung Yup – ‘Nothing Better’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZx5uuc1Es

 

 

“Your wedding day is finally here, eonni!” Shinhye felt excited and happily sad for Minyoung.

 

“I’m nervous, Shin. I’m the uptight, professional, and bold lady when it comes to meeting different people for the company or speaking with hundreds of people. But I’m scared to be in front of all those people and-“

 

“Eonni,” Shinhye quickly hugged Minyoung and her back. “It’s just wedding jitters. Don’t worry about your guests sitting out there. You just focus and look to Changwook. He will be standing there at the end of the altar, waiting for you to join hands with him. This is both your moment. You and him matter in that ballroom.”

 

Minyoung released her hug and held Shinhye by her elbows. “Gomawyo Shin ah. How did you become such a mature woman? My dongsaeng has such lovely words. I’m more excited now to see you in my spot when you marry Yonghwa ssi. I will be here to cheer you on as you did for me.”

 

Shinhye’s smile slightly faded. “Maybe in time we will marry, eonni. But let’s not talk about it. Today is your wedding day.”

 

Minyoung felt she brought up a soft spot. “Shin ah, gwaenchanha?”

 

“Ne, eonni. It’s just……. Well, Yonghwa and I never talked about marriage because we have different views on marriage. Deep down, I would love to marry Yonghwa and start a family with him. But he hasn’t resolved his wounds with his father. I don’t want to push him to marry me. I will be content with how our relationship is now.”

 

“Shin ah, as an older sister, I would love you to share with me your worries if you can’t talk with Yonghwa about them. I know how much Yonghwa loves you. He wouldn’t have asked his father for help to resolve his scandal. But he did so he could protect you and move forward with you. When the time is right, he will take this next step with you as your husband. I want you to be happy.”

 

“Gomawo eonni.”

 

“Geureom. Do you feel relieved to talk to me about it?”

 

“Ne.” She smiled with relief.

 

“Now help me with my train. It’s time, Shin ah.” Minyoung released a deep breath.

 

Minyoung wanted every wedding detail to be grand and exquisite. Her dress was designed by her friend, Vera Wang. It was an ivory mermaid gown with a rose lace overlay. Changwook was able to reserve the grandest ballroom at JW Marriott in Dongdaemun Square just for her. Around 800 guests were expected to attend including official media reporters.

 

Right outside the door to the ballroom, there stood Minyoung, Shinhye, and their paternal uncle, Park Sangmyun. Their uncle was very close to their father and he was heartily honored to walk Minyoung down the aisle in place of their father.

 

“I wish your father was here instead of me. He would have been very happy to see how beautifully his daughters grew up. He would be very happy to see each of you get married and start your own family.” Sangmyun became teary-eyed.

 

“Gomawyo samchon. I wish he was here physically but spiritually, he’s with us.” Minyoung comforted her uncle instead.

 

“Geurae. Gaja.” He dabbed his watery eyes with his handkerchief. The doors opened and Seoul’s symphony began playing a softer version of Mendelssohn’s Wedding March.

 

Shinhye was the only bridesmaid, well, Maid of Honor. She wore a blush Chantilly lace and Bobbin net bridesmaid dress, designed by Vera Wang, to accommodate the spring theme. She walked behind her sister as they walked down the altar. Usually, the maid of honor is supposed to walk with a groomsman but Yonghwa wouldn’t allow it. Yonghwa was able to persuade Minyoung so Changwook’s best man walked with him when the groom walked the altar.

 

Shinhye was searching the whole right side of the ballroom for Yonghwa as soon as she walked out. Once they had reached the last two rows, she saw Yonghwa. She smiled instantly upon seeing how handsome he was in his Vera Wang BLACK gray fit tuxedo and his slick hairstyle exposing his forehead. She loved it when his hair was styled that way.

 

Yonghwa was amazed at how beautiful Shinhye became every day. She looked especially beautiful in her bridesmaid dress. He thought she was the most beautiful woman in the ballroom, even more beautiful than the bride. His heart beat faster once he met eyes with Shinhye and skipped a beat when she smiled his favorite smile.

 

During the whole ceremony, Shinhye and Yonghwa kept glancing towards each other and blushingly smiled. At one point, during the ring exchange, Minyoung had to clear to get Shinhye’s attention for the grooms wedding band. From that moment on, Shinhye kept her focus on Minyoung as it was the end of the exchanging of vows. The newly married couple took their union walk down the altar as their guests clapped and cheered.

 

During the reception, Yonghwa and Shinhye were sitting beside each other with her family. They were in their own little world, talking and laughing with each other. Yonghwa would whisper into her ears whenever a guest would talk into the microphone to give words of advice and congratulations to the married couple. It would either be something erted, which would end with a small slap to his shoulders, or just to say how lovely his girlfriend was, which made her blush feverishly.

 

Then, their loving moment was interrupted by Chairman Yoo. Chairman Yoo took a liking to the couple, especially Yonghwa. “How is my favorite couple doing?”

 

They both stood up to give a respectful and greeting bow to him. “Annyeonghaeseyo Chairman. We’ve both been doing great. Enjoying what seemed like a long preparation for my sister’s wedding.”

 

“Geurae? Weddings take time and money. But I’m impressed with the overall preparations. It was a lovely wedding indeed.” He turned to Yonghwa. “So Yonghwa ssi, I hear you became CEO of your father’s company. I remember when you were smaller and always came to work with your father. Joesonghaeyo for not recognizing you at Shinhye’s company soiree.”

 

“Ah, anibnida. I found passion in cooking more than company management. I decided to explore more in cooking and learned a diverse culinary artistry. Along the way, I became successful on my own.”

 

“That’s why I like you. You find something you have more passion for and you become determined to have it. It’s a shame you had to push cooking aside. How well are you holding up with being CEO?”

 

Yonghwa felt a little annoyed with the conversation. He was annoyed, period, over anyone showing pity towards him for leaving his chef career to be a CEO. But he brushed it off and continued talking with the Chairman.

 

“I can’t say it’s exciting as cooking but I’m handling the responsibilities as CEO. I’m just grateful I have Shinhye ssi by my side to take on such tasks. She’s helped me adjust to the CEO position.”

 

“Yeoksi, that’s the Park Sangwon in her. Sangwon was always so determined and a risk-taker with his company. Geundae, Shinhye, I’m surprised you resigned as CEO. I thought you loved fashion.”

 

Shinhye was just as annoyed as Yonghwa. She could feel Yonghwa tense up beside her as Chairman Yoo was repouring salt over their buried wounds. “What can I say Chairman, there are some things worth giving up for. That just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter