Secret and Past Unveiled

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the Park’s Residence…….

 

“Jamkkanman eomma! I will go upstairs to get it.” Shinhye quickly walked up the stairs to her old room to get the family photo box from her closet.

 

After their family dinner, they all gathered in the living room to reminisce the old times when everyone was younger. There were laughs shared across the room and some rather tearful as they talked about Park Sangwonssi, Minyoung and Shinhye’s father.

 

There was a photo that Shinhye had kept to herself. It was just her and her father in the photo. He held her in his arms as one of his people took the photo of them at Lotte amusement park when she was younger. She never showed her mother nor her sister the photo. That day, she remembered, he didn’t take her to daycare as he was supposed to. Instead, he took her to the amusement park to celebrate her birthday.

 

Her father reserved the whole park just for them. She was his little princess until the day he couldn’t continue to fight his cancer. Today, she was ready to share her one favorite picture with everybody. She scrummaged through the back of her closet, looking for the small gold-embellished Bocote box.

 

“There it is!” She grabbed the locked box as it had a special key she hid somewhere in her room. As she was leaving her closet, she heard a message tone from her phone. It was from Boyoung informing her she couldn’t make it to the family dinner as they were busy at the restaurant. She replied back and set her phone on her dresser, continuing her search for the special key.

 

“Aish…...Shinhye. Why couldn’t you have been more organized with where you hid things?” She scolded herself. “Maja!”

 

She remembered she hid the key in one of her favorite books in her father’s study room across the hall. She ran to his study to find the book. Just as she entered the room, Minhyuk came from the living room to see what was taking her long. He entered her old room.

 

“Shinhye ya? Gwenchana?” He walked over to the closet as the light was still on, thinking she was there. “Eodie?”

 

He was walking out to go back to the living room until he heard her phone ring. He saw her phone sitting on her dresser and walked over to answer it. ‘Yongie’ was the caller ID and the contact photo was of him kissing her on the cheek in front of the Trevi Fountain. He was suspicious and shocked to know that his best friend was dating someone else. Without hesitating, he answered her phone.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“………Who is this? Where’s Shinhye?” Yonghwa answered him back with an alarmed tone.

 

“Kang Minhyukipnida. Dangsineul nugu?”

 

“……...Who are you to answer my girlfriend’s phone so freely? Where is she?” He was annoyed and angry with the guy.

 

“Girlfriend? She never mentioned she had a boyfriend.” He continued to annoy Yonghwa further. “Geundae, she left the room for a moment. Shall I tell her you called?”

 

Yonghwa was infuriated with this guy. He wanted to punch him but couldn’t as they were on the other half of the world. “Let me talk to Shinhye.” He gritted through his teeth.

 

Before Minhyuk could give Yonghwa a harder time and answer his question, Shinhye walked back into her room. She saw Minhyuk standing at the edge of her bed with her phone in his hands.

 

“Yah! What are you doing with my phone? Are you snooping?”

 

“Jamkkanman ‘Yongie’.” Minhyuk immediately pressed the ‘mute’ button to further question Shinhye.

 

“‘Yongie’ is on the phone and would like to speak with you. Nugu? Namjachingu? Is this what you had been doing Italy?” He bombarded her while holding her phone midair to show her.

 

She swiftly ran over to Minhyuk and yanked her phone from his grasp. “YAH! Don’t you know privacy?!” She smacked him on the back of his head before walking to the door.

 

“Yah! You owe me an explanation! I’ll be here waiting for you.” He yelled from across the room. She turned around and glared at him before exiting the room.

 

Shinhye walked back to her father’s old study room and locked the door so no one would interrupt her. She unmuted the call while feeling a little worried if Yonghwa would be mad.

 

“Yong? Yeoboseyo?”

 

“………..Shinhye?” He sounded surprisingly calm yet anxious.

 

“Mianhe! I was looking for my photo box key in my appa’s study room. I left my phone on the dresser in my old bedroom.”

 

“Oh. Minhyuk nugu?” He asked straight to the point.

 

“Minhyuk is my childhood best friend. We grew up together as our families are close. He recently came back to Seoul from studying business in Japan. Don’t misunderstand. Miane.” She pleaded.

 

“Yah, don’t leave your phone just anywhere. I thought, for a second, that something may have happened to you.” He deeply sighed.

 

“You were worried for me?! You’re not mad?”

 

“Dangyeonhaji! You mean everything to me! With me not being there with you, I’m especially worried.”

 

Shinhye was very touched by Yonghwa’s feelings for her and happy that she has someone by her side. She never felt this way especially with her ex. She had true and sincere feelings for Yonghwa. She hoped he felt the same way about her.

 

“Jamkkanman, Minhyuk is a family friend? What do you mean, ‘don’t misunderstand? What is he doing in your bedroom?” He raised his tone slightly.

 

“Yah! How can you be worried one second and then grill me about Minhyuk?” She rolled her eyes behind the phone.

 

“Don’t roll your eyes.” He sensed her. “Yah, I am your namja. I have right to know who is with you and why.”

 

“Oh Chef Jung! Jealousy doesn’t suit you.” She playfully remarked.

 

“Geurae! I’m jealous and have right to be. You are mine and not anyone else.”

 

“Arasseo! Mianhe.” She thought for a second. “Geundae, I like the jealous you. It’s so hot.”

 

“Jinjja? Well, you wait until I get back to Seoul. I’ll be even hotter when I have to punish you fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter