Follow me to my bed

Drabbles

Summary: Baekhyun comforts Kyungsoo

A/N: After recent events, I wrote this drabble to kind of make myself feel better. This was somewhat inspired by the song “Mother Earth” by Banks, and there’s a reason I chose Kyungsoo for this. Anyways, this is unedited so idk if it’ll make any sense and my grammar is a mess.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t usually do this. He isn’t usually like this; doesn’t usually get so overwhelmed. It’s not like him to let stress and worries take over. It isn’t like him to fall this deep into his thoughts, this deep into his feelings. Yet, if he’s not careful—if he accidentally crosses the line—he can get too caught up in what he typically tries to suppress. And right now, sitting on the floor with his body shaking with sobs, he knows that he’s gone too far.

 

Nobody is in the dorms. Everyone is out, busy with schedules, and this is only one of the rare days that he has off and to himself. He’s been so busy lately with group activities to acting. Maybe that was how the thoughts started? He isn’t sure. His mind is too clouded to remember. All he knows is that sometime between washing his face and now, he started thinking. And thinking. And thinking. And it didn’t stop. What keeps it going is the amount of frustration he feels, because it won’t stop. The tears keep coming and he doesn’t like it, doesn’t like pain or anger or stress.

 

Through the blur of tears, there’s a hand before his eyes. Kyungsoo doesn’t realize until a familiar voice is saying his name, and suddenly his face is turning colors from embarrassment at being found like this. He looks up to the owner, Baekhyun’s concerned face staring back at him. “What are you doing?” Baekhyun asks.

 

Kyungsoo is quick to wipe at his face, clearing his throat, and trying hard to suppress the sobs that threaten to come forward. “When did you get here?” Kyungsoo asks instead.

 

Baekhyun’s lips purse. He takes Kyungsoo’s hand and places it into his own. “I should ask you the same. Now, get up.” Baekhyun stands, and Kyungsoo could be stubborn and resist. Instead he follows, standing up along with him. But Baekhyun doesn’t leave it at that. He leads them—hands still joined—back to his own bedroom, silent as they walk through the empty dorm.

 

Sitting on Baekhyun’s bed with the member right beside him feels weird. Kyungsoo doesn’t know where to start in explaining his worries, and he knows that’s exactly what Baekhyun is looking to hear. Because this isn’t like him, and they both know it. And neither are sure when the last time Kyungsoo cried was. They both know that he never does this in front of other members either. But Baekhyun has had his moments as well; that they both are familiar with. It’s not uncommon to have periods where everything gets too much, where something is triggered and pain is risen to the surface, whether they wanted it to happen or not. And in those moments it isn’t easy to talk the pain away.

 

Kyungsoo takes his time in getting over the initial embarrassment and Baekhyun is kind enough to let him. But he speaks up anyways, surprising Kyungsoo and brining attention to him. “If you don’t want to talk about it, I get it. I know you. I know how you prefer to solve your problems. And I know you wouldn’t let it get out of hand.” Kyungsoo listens, watching the way Baekhyun frown and the gleam of worry that shines in his eyes. “But, sometimes, it doesn’t hurt to let someone help you when you’re hurting. You know I’m worried about you, right? I care about you.”

 

And Kyungsoo knows. Of course he knows. The members—Baekhyun—they’ve been together for so long, been through so much together, that it’s impossible for him not to know. It’s impossible for him to feel as though they don’t care about each other. But there’s something in the words; something that warms his chest, warms his body. The clouds in his mind are dissipating and he can’t help it when he leans his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder. And with his mind now clear, he remembers why he was crying. He remembers the fear that he would be alone, that he would have no one.

 

He swallows down stray tears, instead allowing himself to take in the moment, the fact that he has Baekhyun and the rest of their members.

 

“Thank you,” Kyungsoo says. Baekhyun’s smile is small before he’s snickering.

 

“You’re so weird today.” But Kyungsoo doesn’t take offense to that. He prefers it like this, when they’re more cheerful. And those thoughts—those worries—feel dumb now that he’s better.