Toothless Sunday Mornings

The Im Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a Sunday morning, so it's tranquil and silent, except for the clock hanging on the wall ticking away, soft sunlight slowly peeking through the curtains, and Jaebum wants to curl further into the sheets before he is suddenly awakened by a yell.

"Daddy!"

Jaebum feels the mattress dip down at his feet and the bed creaks in protest as a little creature is making their way towards the headboard, small fits of giggles filling the bedroom.

"Daddy, look!"

The voice is very close to Jaebum's head now and the male tries his hardest not to smile as he peeks his head above the covers and comes face to face with his son, Youngjae. The little guy is beaming a bright smile and shoves his little fist in front of Jaebum's face before he opens it to show his daddy exactly why he's so excited this morning. Jaebum tries to focus his gaze and when he does his eyes widen a bit and a grin overtakes his whole face.

"Congratulations, Jae!"

In Youngjae's small hand lies an even smaller white tooth. Now that Jaebum is more awake, he looks at his little ray of sunshine and sees a gap in Youngjae's lower center row of teeth and can't help but chuckle.

"When did this happen, hmm?" Jaebum questions as he sits up and ruffles Youngjae's hair.

The five-year-old giggles, still high on excitement, and presses his tongue against the small gap in his mouth.

"This morning! Papa was making pancakes when it happened!"

Youngjae wiggles his small body in happiness when he mentions the pancakes, and Jaebum shakes his head in amusement.

"Oh really? And what did papa say?"

Before Youngjae can answer, Jinyoung walks in the room, a proud look on his face.

"Papa told our little sunshine to show daddy what happened," Jinyoung says and his eyes crinkle at the sides as he smiles. Cute, Jaebum thinks, and mentally chastises himself for being so sappy. But, hey, who could blame him. It's times like these, when Jaebum truly feels happy. When Jinyoung's aura just emits love and Youngjae is lighting up the whole room with his adorable smile. Jaebum takes this moment to thank whatever higher power there is for his little family.

Jaebum directs hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter